on a mountain

For IC events in Noore I Meles

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Re: on a mountain

Postby rachel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:59 pm

"Any kill will do, provided it is not as big as a cow." Haze grins. "Even if you are happy to find enough wood to burn that much meat, I am not."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:18 pm

*Teyaspa nods, smears some earth on one of his palms and sets off into the gloom with his spear in hand.*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:28 am

*Teyapsa returns, a white-coated hare held by it's hind legs in one hand, his spear in the other. There doesn't appear to be a wound on it, but it's neck has been broken judging from the way it's head is swinging as he jogs back to the pyre.*

"I've never seen his like, he's beautiful! I hope he suits. I managed to catch him without using any of my blades, so his blood is ready for you to shed."

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Haze sits protectively next to the funeral pyre, grooming the long brown fur running down one of her legs with her tongue. As Teyaspa appears, she leaps into a defensive crouch with a hiss, then recognises him and smiles, moving forward to examine the hare.

"It is beautiful," she agrees, licking her lips savagely. "It is a good kill to gift."

Stalking back to Galatine's body, she crouches by the wood covering his head and starts to chant softly. At her touch, bright flames flicker into being, eagerly eating at the smaller twigs and branches. She does the same on other parts of the mound, occasionally relighting parts where the wood is damper, until the fire has spread completely across the pyre. Then she throws three handfuls of herbs into the flames and steps back to watch it grow.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:53 pm

The flames gradually get higher and brighter, crackling loudly. Grey smoke billows up into the sky. Haze stands, emotionless, as the thick heat dries her wet fur, occasionally throwing more herbs into the hungry flames or pacing around the pyre to check nothing else has been accidently set alight. It is becoming painfully hot, enough so that she backs away slightly and sits on a patch of grass nearby. With extended claws she starts to rip at her trousers, slowly tearing off a large piece of hide from the leg.
Characters:

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Galatine's body burns away as the fire eats at his corpse hungrily. His head has burnt so much that the flesh has vanished, just as Haze had intended. His torso and legs burn well, although, rather noticably, his sword hand seems to put up a fight against the fire. This lasts for a few seconds before this to is englufled in flame. The smell of decay is lost now to the smell of burnt flesh, and his bones have become black, where they are exposed to the fire. Occasionally, as the flames lick the fleshy areas, the smell of burnt blood wafts into the air, or a sizzling sound is made where fat and oils brun away. Galatine's body is now totally wrapped in flame, and starting to become unrecognisable, even without the head.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Haze wrinkles her nose at the stench of blood and throws more herbs into the fire. The strange, spicy smell becomes stronger, masking the odour of burnt flesh. She picks up the large piece of hide ripped from her trousers, pauses for a moment of reflection, then tosses it into the flames. It is devoured almost immediately, the fur blackening and curling under the heat. She then looks to Teyaspa expectantly.
Characters:

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:00 am

A rustling in the bushes anounces the arrival of a tall Serkainian, with sparkling skin. He bows low to Haze and Teyaspa before approaching any closer. As he sees the funeral pyre he mutters under his breath.

"I had heard the rumours, but had to see it for myself. And so it is true...The Kensei has fallen."

At this he lowers himself to his knees, and places his hands palm down on the earth, elbows out. He then lowers his head to his hands: the lowest bow in respect to his fallen comerade. One who's skills he envied, who's grance in battle he aspired to, and who's humility he was humbled by. Tears fall silently down his face as he reacalls his memories of the young warrior - one of the few he had met that understood his Chi. He raises his head to look at the fire, with his ability to feel Chi energies, he saw the Kensei's flow with the smoke and dissapate on the air. Speaking in Serkainian, using his Chi to link with that of the boy's Shogo whispered his goodbyes.

~ Shogo Matsumoto
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Haze hisses at the sound of someone approaching, extending her claws for attack, but then she recognises the newcomer. Returning his bow carefully, she moves next to Teyaspa, giving Shogo space to pay his respects as he wishes. She glances up at her ally.

"If you want to gift your kill, it would be good to do it now while the flames are still hot."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

*Teyaspa nods at Shogo as he approaches, and looks at Haze*
"I was waiting for you to blood it first. Not to worry, I shall do so for you."

*Taking out a small throwing dagger he lays the hare on it's back and makes a small slice in it's abdomen. Reaching in he carefully removes it's heart. Hd digs a small hole at the foot of the pyre and buries the heart, holds his hand upon the ground for a few seconds mumbling a few words beneath his breath. He then moves back to the body of the hare, dips the fourth finger of his left hand in a little blood and holds the hare's body toward the fire.*

"Red Lady, I return the blood you gave this hare to the earth that you may quicken another life. I beg your blessing for this rite and that you might guide the dead man to a place where his soul might find rest"

He quickly takes up the body of the hare, the red blood beginning to stain it's white fur, and casts it upon the blaze.

"Galatine, I dedicate this kill to your memory. I hope he is worthy of you."

*He then dabs his finger on both eyes and his tongue. What's left he dabe onto his cheak in three lines*

"For the sight and taste for the hunt, and once for Speed, once for Skill and once for Strength. Red lady, I thank you for your gifts. I hope my work upon this land pleases you. Grant us fortune on our next journey if our quest meets your favour."

He turns, as if suddenly unaware of the people around him and seats himself crosslegged against a tree. The light of the fire reflects weirdly in his eyes for just a split second making them seem almost white but as he moves and the fire flickers they seem his usual blue. He then sits still, staring straight through the flames.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Haze watches with fierce pride, a small, savage smile lighting up her face. Teyaspa's words have expressed ideas and emotions that she has never been able to articulate, and with them a feeling of hope and power washes over her. Realising that her ally wishes to talk with his goddess, she moves away from him and closer to the fire, her sharp claws extended incase they are disturbed. She throws the last of the herbs into the flames and crouches in a semi-comfortable position on a patch of dryer ground, content to watch the fire burn out.
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 pm

The fire starts to die a little, and the hint of a false dawn starts to appear on the horizon. Teyaspa eases himself to his feet, and shivers in the cold air. He reaches for his furs and armour and puts them on.

"Should we leave? Who knows what dawn may bring up here. Or should we wait to watch the fire die?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:25 pm

When the hare is thrown onto the fire, it catches alight, the smeel of burning blood and flesh spilling out in the air almost instantly. The hare burns well, and soon catches up with the body of the dead warrior. The swordsman's corpse, by now, has become nothing more than a black skeleton, his clothes and flesh burnt away. His body, now burnt beyond recognition, is now masking his death. As silently as the kensei fought, so to does he leave the world. His name, not recorded anywhere, as he wished, now fades with his death, out of history. As the fire runs out of fuel, it begins to burn away.
Though he could not finish the tasks set to him, perhaps he can rest easy for now, knowing that Haze and Teyaspa have the power to destroy the Demon-were-wolf now? Perhaps he might find a way back to fight with them once again? Who can tell?

Dusk falls, as the embers die out, leaving a skeleton of a young man with no history, no name, nothing. It is time for the Feline and the Everni to move on, and do what they must.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Return to “Noore I Meles”