on a mountain

For IC events in Noore I Meles

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

on a mountain

Postby Breccan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Teyaspa turns to Haze.

"You said you'd help me retrieve Galatine's body after he fell. Will you still aid me? Also, it's a long way back to Pathway and the forests where we have all walked. I'm not sure we can carry him that far. Shall we bury him where he fell?"
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

rachel

Re: on a mountain

Postby rachel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:38 pm

The feline stops gazing at her new weapon and wrinkles her nose in disgust.

"Bury him? Is that what you Wild Humans do with your dead? Why not burn him so we can take him back to the forests where he hunted?
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:47 pm

"we tend to avoid fire when we don't need it. Burying avoids wild animals feeding on the body, but burning would do just as well here."

*Teyaspa starts to walk back down the mountain*

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Haze grins, carefully picks up her sword, and follows him.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 pm

((As they approach Galatine's body, they find it still in the same palce it was before. The demonic form from before has faded since they left, leaving only Galatine's natural appearance behind. He lays with his scarred cheek visible, his flesh pale now, dried blood around his kimono side, the effect of a full heal spell upon his corpse had closed the wound, but had no power to return him to life. His hand, in death had let go of his blade and reached out into the empty space, and it now lay on the ground, grasping for the cursed weapon. His eyes were open, but dull and glazed over, and a little bit of blood and fallen from his mouth, a sign that the blade that felled him had cut into his lung. The dead eyes gaze into the distace, open, but unseeing. Below his body, dried blood has gathered a variety of creatures and around the body, flies had already gathered.))
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:27 pm

*Teyaspa sticks his spear into the ground*

"I am gladdened that in death his dark side left him."
*He pauses looking for something appropriate to say, then gives up.*

"We'd best split up and gather wood."

*stripping off his armour and pouch, but keeping his gleaming dagger in it's place he sets off around the mountainside to the nearest wooded timber. A few hours later with his first armful of large fallen limbs of trees*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 pm

((By the time he returns, the insects have grown in number, and his body has began to smell slightly. All colour has left him now, making the red X on his cheek stand out much brighter. At a closer glance, one could see some white hairs among his blonde hair, a sign that his demon side had not completely faded. Another person might note that some insects had tried biting into the skin, only to melt in the acidic blood that spewed forth))
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 am

Meanwhile, Haze has covered the body and the ground it is lying on in small white and red flowers. She carefully closes Galatine's eyes, using pebbles to keep them shut, and then starts to systematically lay small twigs and branches around his head from a small pile she has collected early. From her ritualistic movements, and confident but detached manner, it is obvious that she has prepared many other dead bodies in a similar way. Next to the heap of wood lies a mound of more red and white flowers and leaves of a herb that Teyaspa recognises as one often used in cooking. As he comes closer he can smell a strangely pleasant, sweet and spicey odour coming from the mound as well as Galatine's body, masking the smell of decay.
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm

*Teyaspa starts to stack the branches and prepares to go for more.*

"That looks very complicated. What does it all mean?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Haze looks up in surprise. It takes her a moment to understand what Teyaspa asking.

"It is most important that his face and head are burnt completely," she explains, continuing to stack wood around Galatine's skull. "A skilled hunter will always take great care over his appearance to show that he wins fights easily and has time to spend on such matters, and so it would be disrespectful to allow an ally to rot. We may not have enough wood, or be attacked before the body is totally destroyed, but at least if his face is gone Galatine cannot be recognised and will not be shamed in death." She smiles grimly. "And it means that his enemies will never be able to be certain that he is not alive. That is very important amongst my kin."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm

*Teyaspa nods, and goes off for more wood. He is quicker this time, having made a pile he can go and collect from.*

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Most of the branches are now criss-crossed over and around the body, and Haze is scattering another layer of flowers across the mound. She seems lost in thought.
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 am

*Having made several journeys there is now a healthy pile of timber awaiting Haze's attentions. Teyaspa goes to sit by Haze.*

"Is there anything more we need to do to prepare his body? What comes next in your ceremony?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:51 pm

The feline checks her large heap of flowers carefully, spreading some of them along the ground. The pile has grown since Teyaspa last took note of it, despite the multitude of red and white petals adorning Galatine's funeral pyre, although it now mostly consists of an assortment of strong-smelling herbs. Satisfied, she starts to add more wood to the mound.

"It is almost ready to be lit, but if you want to gift a hunt as a sign of respect there is time for you to kill something now. Galatine was a close ally of mine and I owe him my freedom, so I wish to gift something more." She looks at Teyaspa to see his response. "If you do not wish to hunt then I would like the honour of lighting the fire."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:18 pm

"A sacrifice is something I can do. I will go now and see what I can find. Is any particular animal more respectful than another? And of course you should light the fire."

*he still doesn't touch his armour, though he does retrieve his spear and cleans the earth from it's point*

Return to “Noore I Meles”