Seeking information

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Brother Yurik peers at the paper, then briefly turns around and calls over his shoulder. "What are you staring at? Get those supplies unloaded!" The youths quickly return to work as he returns his attention to Quayle and his picture. "Most of the trees to the east are dead or dying. Nothing that stands out, though. You probably want to speak to Fallath. She went on patrol about an hour ago, though. Should be back a little before nightfall. As for the meantime, if you don;t mind getting your hands dirty, we've a good few hundred corpses, maybe a thousand who need some semblance of burial."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:23 pm

**As a he speaks he unbuckles his sword and lays it on the ground then removes his tabard and armour and carefully places them on top**

Just give me a shovel. Although...would it be safer to burn the bodies? At least that way if the worst happens and this fort falls then they cannot raise a legion of re-inforcements.

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:47 am

"It's not the body, but the soul that is the central part of raising undead, and the raising consumes the soul. So no, there is no reason to desecrate their bodies further. Follow me. And bring your sword." He turns and leads Quayle to a doorway off the courtyard. "Holish, got another man for your team. Give him a shovel and get to it."

Inside, a group of four men and one woman are gathering shovels and picks and laying them on a hand cart. One of the men looks up and nods at Quayle. "Ok, come on then." Another of the men grabs an extra shovel and dumps it on the cart. Apparently done, he then picks up the end, and starts wheeling it towards the doorway.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:06 pm

**Quayle ties his belt around the bundle of weapons and clothing then hauls it up on to his shoulder**

I apologise if my suggestion was offensive, I personally do not consider the burning of a body to be a desecration but understand that you have your own ways and customs. As long as you have some way to stop the bodies from being used against us then the method is unimportant.

**Follows the man with the cart**

Lead on.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:04 am

((Sorry for the delay - I didn't spot the reply.))

The group head out of the fort and about half a mile west. The atmosphere is quiet and solemn, and soon they reach an area littered with the bodies that had made up the undead army. The soldier pushing the cart stops, and Holish looks around. He picks up a hammer and some wooden stakes, and marks out a rough square. "About eight feet should do this one." The rest of the group pick up tools and start digging, weapons laid to one side, but not too far.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 pm

(OOC no problem!)

**Quayle puts down his bundle, picks up a shovel, rolls up his sleeves and gets to work**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:58 am

Over the next few hours, the square is dug out down to a depth of about eight feet. By the end of it, the knights are passing the earth up in buckets to be piled up next to the pit. When that is done, the less tasteful task of gathering the rotting corpses and dropping them into the pit is begun. After a couple more hours, the pit is about half-full, and the surrounding area is clear of corpses. Finally, the group stops and sits down, waiting.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 am

*A woman walks around the courpses a baby in her arms the blanket wrapped tight. She scans the faces and finds the man she is looking for, kneeling down she weaps next to the body her baby gently moving in the blanket. She removes a ring from his finger and places it onto her thumb, she knew he carried another object on him that was presious to her. Her eyes flowing and her hands shaking as she can not open up the coat to find the object that he kept safe to his heart. Her hands shook worse and her tears more fearus, she held her baby closer to her.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 pm

**Quayle looks around the expectant faces** Are we waiting for something?

**As he says this he sees the woman and recognition spreads across his face** Good evening, it is good to se you and your baby looking so well.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:10 am

*She looks up to him, with mild recognition. Her hands shaking too much for her to do anything. She speaks through a lump in her throat.*

"This is my husband, his body just mutilated and his few belongings still on him. He carried a picture of the three of us, would you please mind getting it for me for my hands are shaking to much. It's in his inside left pocket."

*She looks to him hopefully.*

*Lucy*

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:28 am

"There should eb a celebrant here soon to perform last rites." Holish looks up to the woman, his hand moving briefly to his sword as he cranes his neck to get a look at her. As Quayle seems to recognise her, he relaxes slightly, but still watches her carefully.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:52 pm

*Derwent can be seen on the battlements of the fort, but hasn't noticed the burial party as yet.*

<Derwent>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:10 pm

There was a Celebrant with our party, I could head back to the fort and see if I can find him if yours doesn't show up. Although I think he was a follower of the Celestial Dragon, so you have to decide whether you would prefer to wait for a Celebrant of Mektar.

**Turns to the woman** I can retrieve it for you if you wish or he can be buried with it so that he can look on a picture of his family in the next life.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 am

*She looks to the body in tears.*

"He has already for he has seen it in the next life. He was killed twice with it and now he lies here. It is the only picture we had of the three of us. I do not have a picture of him. At least let my son be able to know his fathers face?"

*She tries again in vain to take the picture out, her hand shaking violently.*

"It also proves to you that I am not looting from any old courpse."

*Lucy*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:10 pm

**Reaches inside the man's pocket and brings out anything he finds**

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0