A long journey home

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

A long journey home

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:00 pm

*somewhere in the Heart of Gweria, Kriska walked against the wind. She was taking a short cut back through the wilderness, she knew she had at least one friend in the forsaken land. She felt more and more alone the further she went, she felt abandoned. Afraid and for a change happy to know that she did feel. She had drifted earlier that day, she had felt the pain of the bond being broken. She had felt it and not cared about it. Now she was on her toes, or rather almost dragging her feet in near exhaustion. She had not slept for a long time, she was on her last piece of strength. Now she was looking for shelter, just looking up at the mountains, trying to keep her eyes out for an avion that she knew lived around here. There had been too much death, too much of what she classed as murder. Yet she knew that she had succeeded to some extent. Now she hoped that he would find her first before the army or people behind her caught her up. Her blue cloak shimmering in the light, Neptune feeling sad and forlorne at her side. He had become more visible lately and was not afraid to show himself. He moved gradually by her side passing through the trees. He could not hold his form for long but even in that time it made Kriska feel less alone.*

*She takes one more look up into the sky before desciding to go and find a more secure place to shelter. Kriska was tired to the bone, and as Neptune showed himself one more time she sighs deeply with a depressed expression and walks over to a nearby undergrowth. Making sure that she would not be seen curls her self shivering into her cloak. Tears came to her eyes once more as she wished she was somewhere more friendly, somewhere more at home. Not alone in the wilderness.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Re: A long journey home

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 pm

*A voice sounds from the tree above her.*

"I would not rest there is I were you, in this weather you would freeze, and there is a host hot on your heels. I have an abode hidden near here, sheltered, and a warm fire. It surrounding are not the most welcoming so many stay clear of it's area. Perhaps I could tempt you with a fire, warm meal and drink and the company of an old student?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:19 pm

*Kriska looked up her tears getting worse.*

"I am sorry..... It has been a hard couple of days.... Warmth would be good. Company even more. Oh! Ventyr!"

*She stands up and shivers some more.*

"I have been a little cold lately, too cold! Winter can be a harsh thing and it is still healing. Could I ask for a lift, I have not slept for a long time properly."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:30 pm

*The wings of the avian unfurl and he swoops to the ground.*

"If staying at my humble eerie is you desire, you would be needing a lift regardless of you wishes. It has been a harsh winter, it is true. Truer here in Gweria than in many other places I would imagine. Life is perpetually struggling against almost overwhelming odds, still in mt little niche of this land it is beginning to gain a foothold."

*He walks up to Kriska and wraps her cloak around her tightly.*

"The skies are rough tonight, and the wind is chill, you will need all the warmth you can get. Hold on to me a tightly as you can through your cloak, and I will do likewise. We should he at my eerie within an hour, maybe more due to the extra weight."

*With that he holds her in a tight embrace and takes to the buffeting skies.*

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:34 pm

*Kriska closes her eyes and holds as tight as she can. Her tears slowly freezing on her cheek, they are slower now but she does not really stop. Just over an hour later a cold Kriska and Ventyr land, Kriska almost collapses to the ground, in the light of the fire her tiredness was clear on her face, she was pale and icicles were formed on her cheeks. They did not seem to bother her as she still clung tightly to Ventyr. She spoke through a choked voice.*

"Mikatsi is dead! My mentor, High Priest and commanding officer is dead. I feel so alone, yet so clostophobic. I heard his last breath.... I .... I ..... "

*She pulls her cloak lower over her head and cries more fiercly.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 pm

*At a lose for what to say Ventyr ushers Kriska inside the natural cave that has become his eerie and settles her next to the fire. They are some distance up the mountain side, tucked into an almost unclimbable rock face. he returns to the cave mouth and fold over a screen, made of dead-fall and shed feathers. The screen covers the mouth of the cave and bends to resist the wind, allowing in only minimal draft, but that draft circulates the cave and pulls the smoke from the fire out with it.*

*The Avain then collects a ceramic jug from near the entrance, carefully placed where a natural gunney would trickle the rain fall into the jug. He replaces it before coming to the fire and hooking the jub over it's flames to warm the water. soom the water is boiled and he pours it into to leaf lined leather goblets, the water gaining the flavour of the leaves into a herbal tea. He gives on to Kriska.*

"I am very sorry for your lose, it is hard for me to accept a death as a tragic event, since finding my grove death has become a constant in my life, I see it as part of the natural circle. It is the way of things, but I can see it upsets you, and so I am very sorry for that."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 pm

*Kriska sits heavily on the ground, near enough to feel the fires warmth yet far enough away for her to be comfortable. She seems to look at the fires watching them dance. As she is given the goblets she gently sips the tea. She does not look at him just carries on watching the flames. Her eyes darting around with the flames. Eventually she speaks.*

"It is not just him that I mourn for, it is also the amount of innocent lives that might have been lost as well. I have not heard anything from The Celestial Dragon and I know that it is part of the circle of life. I just do not wish it to be this sudden, this shock, it's too hard. One of the people I was out with also died but he then came back to life. One even had a go at me for doing my job today, after I had been asked to go forward and scout by the scouts. I was then blamed for putting their lives at risk. They then spoke behind my back and said that I did not value life! I do! I value it so much that it hurts me, more than I can say. Yet they were the ones hacking up people who did not need to be killed! I feel hurt, lost, and alone. Yet I do not just feel for myself. Neptune also feels the same so it is making me 10 times worse. *Sigh*"

*She sips some more of her tea, the tears almost gone off of her cheek and from her eyes.*

"I should not worry you with these things. You have your hands full, yet so much has happened and I have not been around to see you for I have been busy. Why is it lately where ever I go, death is not far behind? Yet I am supposed to be a protector. I can not do this without support! I can not stand on my own!"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 am

*Ventyr sits down opposite her and looks across the fire at her.*

"Death is a shadow that hangs over life, just as life is a light that casts the shadow of death. You need not worry yourself about troubling me, it is nice to have company. There are so few creatures out here with intelligence, and scant few that have life. Death presides over my grove, that fact is one that cannot be easily changed, but it can be with effort. I encourage what life I can to make its home here. Just the other day I delivered some carrion to a nest of eagles, they do not stray to far from their eerie for fear of what is out there."

*He sighs.*

"Despite the fact that this is home, I do miss humanoid company, and yet this place is so dependant on me I cannot leave it for long. During my peoples short-lived war with Noore II'meles I left my grove for too long, and it suffered for it. Perhaps once we find a balance and are able to mainatin it i will be able to leave and return to find it as healthy as it was left."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 am

*Kriska nods.*

"My grove is a shell of its old beauty, I need to go there before I go back to see Mikatsi. I need to collect something from there. Could you take me at some point? For now I have been through too much, fire, fights, water, and death by life..... Too many trials, to many mistakes.... too many.... too much of everything."

*The wearyness was clear on Kriska's face, her eyes moved breifly from the fire to Ventyr then to her tankard. In that breif look he could see that she was in pain and was fairly weak.*

"I felt him fading from me, I felt his pull at my heart.... I was too cold for I did not wish to feel.... I pulled our bonds too far to extreame. I did not care if her died, I did not care if anyone died. Winter does not do me any good. Winter makes me at risk to myself and Neptune. I do not want to think about what may happen if the bond was fully broken by my silly not wanting to care not wanting to love.... I could die?"

*She looks back up to him and it seemed that a part of her was hurting that he had never noticed before.*

"I was angry, I wanted to end this, I did not think that we were good enough to live that Mikatsi dying and the innocent were not protected, I did not want to be a part of it any more.... I have not heard anything from The Celestial Dragon.... Now I doubt.... Now I fear that he was possibly to blame that he did not protect the innocent. Hence his son should not be alive!"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:27 am

*A curious looks crosses Ventyr's face. A look the suggests sympathy but it strangely distorted by the fact he has a beak.*

"I am not knowledgeable in the ways of gods, but from what I have understood in the past the Celestial Dragon is a rather aloof god, rarely intervening in the affairs of mortals directly, but using others to teach mortals how to protect themselves. A noble mantle to take up being one of his messengers, but it seems somehow a thankless task to me. You are a more courageous soul than I Kriska, to be what you are. I know you will come through this ordeal stronger than before, now."

*He stands and walks around the fire heaving Kriska to her feet.*

"Let's get you comfortable, and get you rested."

*He lies her down on a nest-like bed.*

"Get some rest, we'll speak more in the morning."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am

*Kriska still feels slightly cold to touch but she was at least looking alot better.*

"I am not that strong at the moment hence I will be stronger when I come out of it."

*As she is lied down Kriska rolls onto her side and curls herself into a ball. Her eyes drifted a little before she opened them up once more.*

"He is very kind, I just hope that I can cope.... cope with all that has happened!"

*With that she closes her eyes, a slow stream of tears coming from the corner of her eyes that slowly stops. Any noise seems to make her stir in her sleep but not enought to wake her fully.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:22 am

*Ventyr banks the fire for the night and sits down opposite Kriska. After a while he drifts off to sleep himself, waking in the morning. He the changes the jugs again and places the full jug over to remains of the fire to boil. once done he makes more tea and goes to where Kriska is slepping. Gently he wakes her and places the steaming mug in her hands.*

"Morning to you Kriska."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:29 am

*Kriska starts a little at being woken and through groggy eyes calls out.*

"Traveller?"

*Seeing the blury outline she rubs her eyes with her free hand.*

"I am sorry, I just thought."

*She sighs.*

"I know, he is dead but ghosts have come back in the past. Perhaps he is in the spear? Perhaps he has already made it out of the hopewastes, he is clever like that. Death will not bind him, death will not keep him where he stands. Did you see the explosion two days ago now... or was it longer? He was in that, I don't know what happened I just know his death co-insided with the explosion."

*She sips that tea once more feeling the warmth fill her.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 am

*Ventyr sits next to her sipping his cup of tea..... not an easy task with a beak.*

"I saw the explosion, his passing will be a blow to the world."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 am

*Kriska looks to him and leans into his feathers a little. She sips her tea slowly and drinks the last dregs, she laughs a little which shocks even her.*

"It is odd, I feel like I did almost when all this first began. I feel young!"

*Lucy*

Return to “Gweria”