The City of Varya

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

The City of Varya

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 pm

(forum was locked so can someone move this/delete it if i've made some huge mistake and can't enter the city etc?)

A small group of earth elves, led by a diamond elf entered the city of Varya, the city had the namesake of the god Warryn was trying to find and so he thought it was a good place to start.

(if anyone has a problem with this pm me and I will edit)

Warryn and his group canvassed the town, gaining a few strange looks from peasants but other than that no real trouble. The peasants seemed jumpy and the word 'Varya' was often whispered. In the main square of the city the masses had congregated and standing on a wooden platform, high above the heads of the people of Varya stood the man Warryn was looking for. He had to be over 7 ft tall, a giant of a man. He looked burly and strong, and his face showed almost fondness of his people. As the earth elves headed for the centre of the crowd a few people moved out of the way, not wanting to start trouble and a little curious as to the earth elves arrival. The shiny skin of Warryn also made them stare but he didn't look so different to a life elf... perhaps he had been a bad experiment?

The group made their way to the wooden platform, though they were not as presumptuous as to step on it. Instead warryn stood at the bottom and calling out in his monotonous voice.

My name is Warryn Mason he left out the last part, Boing had treated him strangely when he had said it before, I am the Paladin of the God of Earth. I wish to form an alliance. The God of Earth is now protected in a mountain fortress, you are protected in your fortress here. Yet I am sure there are many who would attack us, together we can be stronger, tougher and unyielding. I cannot stay here long... i must get back to my Lord, but great God of Protection if you are interested in my offer then please let me know.

Warryn watched the man, he felt admiration fill his mind. Really Varya and Gerethenax weren't so different, Varya had protected his people in similar ways to Gerethenax. They both utilised shields... of a sort... and they both were stubborn and unrelenting. Warryn felt humbled, and a little nervous. This God's opinion of him would mean a lot, which was confusing in itself.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Re: The City of Varya

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 am

The huge man motioned for Warryn to follow him as he left the platform to cheers and celebration. The people had got their God back, perhaps they had no idea that this was a bad thing. As far as they were concerned they were stronger than ever now, and the God seemed to keep up the pretence, protecting their anxiety probably.

Warryn and Varya moved into a small house renovated for the god's return. The crowds dispersed as people went back to what they were doing, but the excitement did not and the everyday jobs seemed to be a delight to the people. After about 2 hours or so the diamond elf and the huge man exited the house, Warryn was pleased. He had negotiated his first successful alliance, though it had not been easy, the whole process required a level of empathy he was new to and so found it difficult to catch on. Still he had been impressed, very much so, by the God.

The hinge of the treaty had of course been, where to entrench and fortify. Warryn had obviously wanted the secure mountain fortress to be the base of operations but Varya could not be torn from his city. Instead they both opted that they would come to the others aid in the case of war. Should Varya be attacked the Earth Elves would assist, and if the Earth Elves would attack then Varya would assist. Further a few trade agreements had been sorted.
On a more personal level the arrangements for the protection of both gods were made. Varya had asked some of his people to harbour him, protect him even. He created a network of homes, easily interconnectable. Gerethenax would remain where he was most safe, with the Earth Elves.

With the arrangements made, and a somewhat humbled goodbye on his part, Warryn left for the mountains once more.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Gweria”