From inside Varya...

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

Re: From inside Varya...

Postby Niamh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Kel rubs her no-longer bleeding nose, eyes watering from the the impact of Monkey's fist on it. I'm fine...I was trying to do some finding-out for Warryn, and apparently some things aren't there to be found...I'd rather not do that again...
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Monkay rubs his head

Monkay been to the void........twice. Monkay no like it there. Monkay have spend lots of power there and feel sad in there. Monkay no want to be sad
............................................................................Image

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 pm

I've been in once before, but it wasn't quite so unexpected. It was still a deeply unpleasant experience when it was voluntary, but this...Anyway, what was it you were wanting to ask?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Monkay need to ask Warryn something vewyyyyyyyyyy impotent

The monkey smiles
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:35 am

The void? I've been there. It's sort of... miserable. Thanks for trying, and sorry for causing your bleeding nose. It is odd though, that you can't find my relatives, yet you can find me.

Warryn turns on the spot slowly, a little put out that the most knowledgable person he knew was as lost for ideas as he was.

Hello Monkay, I'm guessing your two big questions are along the lines of ''Warryn will you go fight this big monster, and then after fight another."
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:01 am

Monkay shakes his head
no no no warryn-San. Monkay no wish ask warryn to hit things. Monkay want warryn to be the first mountain of the sentinels. Oh and monkay need the crown of gerethanax for a couple of weeks. It quite important

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Warryn listens to monkey, then straightens himself up to address his friend.

Monkay. I would like to inform you that I did not understand anything that you just said. BUT, there were lots of good words like ''mountain'' and ''Gerethenax''.

He pauses for a few seconds thinking it over.

Answer to your first question, I'm a diamond elf, I can't be a mountain, though thankyou for the compliment that was very kind of you. I haven't been called that in years.

If diamond elves could blush, he would have.

and in answer to your second question, Gerethenax doesn't have a crown. Or at least he has never mentioned it to me and he wasn't wearing it when I saw him. So I don't have it to lend it to you, also if I did have it, it wouldn't be mine to give. THOUGH as the Paladin of Gerethenax you have my permission to borrow it on a few conditions. One being that the job you need it for can only be done by you and not myself. The other being that it is returned to me personally and immediately after you have used it. I'd also need to know what you wanted to use it for. This is all only true if Gerethenax agrees of course...

He stopped to breathe, a nasty habit which he was looking into. Then he opens his mouth into a big wide grin. A mountain? Warryn? He could have his own river, and trees, and caves! Caves would be wonderful!!!
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Monkay scratches his head

Monkay think he confuse Warryn. Monkay want Warryn to be Sentinel, like Monkay is, like Kar was, like Solace and Doki are. Monkay think Warryn be best choice to be the first Mountain of the Traveller. It is just a name but it mean Warryn be the protector of Sinya Palurin and all the Earth around it, it mean Warryn help the other Sentinels in save the world. That means we save all the earth and rocks and mountains and stuff.

The monkey smiles

It also means you get invited to the super special and secret Sentinel dinner that has rock cakes.

The monkey ponders a moment

Perhaps it wasn't a crown, perhaps it wasn't Gerethanax but Monkay really thought it was. It is an artifact created by a god that is used to get into a secret place that Monkay no talk about openly. Monkay has other four things needed to get in, stored safely, but need the last one.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Warryn seems devastated that he isn't going to turn into a mountain, but when saving the earth is mentioned his mood returns to neutral.

The offer sounds good to me. Though I don't really know what's entailed. I accept assuming it wont hurt Gerethenax.

Then listening to monkay talk about the crown he pays close attention.

it might be a crown of my lord, but like I said, I haven't seen it. Can't you ask a power or something? That seems to be the best way to find things. Though I'd suggest we give Kel a bit of a rest. If it is a crown of my God I will help you to find it. Before I can lend it to you I'd need to talk to you about whatever it is you can't talk about. OH WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA.

Warryn immediately sits down crossed legged and in silence, his arms wrapped around his shield.
if you give me five minutes I might know more.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:20 pm

The monkey looks at Warryn

Monkay can ask a question of the path, the path tell Monkay what he need to know but Monkay want be polite and ask Gerethanax's mortal arm if it ok to have it.

The monkey smiles

Monkay give you time then Monkay tell more of the Sentinels

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:37 pm

A young man with a sword at his side walked into Varya. He had the same scars that he always had...though his clothes had changed a lot. The bundle on his back seemed to imply he still carried them though. Now, the swordsman (now named "Kira", which was a bit of black humour on his behalf) wore much plainer, dark traveling clothes...though the attachment to his warrior clothing in a bundle at his back implied he had simply changed for the journey...emotions did run deep in him, after all...

No-one really recognized him, which he was grateful for. He had heard the rumours of the events in Varya and as such, had got off the boat the first chance he had been given...
Of course, getting into Varya had been a pain. He had never been there before...and Gweria was sort of a long way to travel. Add an unhealthy dosage of undead plaguing the lands at every wrong turning you can take and the journey turns into a struggle and a rage inducing arduous trip.

Walking along, Kira asked around for the heroes, and got pointed in the right direction...Warryn and Monkey stood out like a sore thumb as soon as they came into sight...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

The monkey notices "the swordsmans" approach. Monkay shakes his head vigorously for a moment then smiles and waves.

Harrooooo Galantine. Monkay think it funny how everyone on Monkay's list to see seems to turn up

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

"Kira" looks at Monkey as he waves and smiles slightly, glad to know he was welcome here at least.
Monkey's words confused him though, and raised his eyebrow with a mixture of amusement and the usual confusion.

The name is Kira now. "Galatine" died a long time ago, but I never made that clear enough. Id rather not have any more connection to a certain demonic sword, INCLUDING the name of the person who carried it. And "kira" suits me just fine... Anyway, glad to see some people I recognise, it has been too long. Though you say Im on a list? What do you require me for? Its not killing is it...? Thats...well...

He didnt finish the sentence. Either way, despite him not being happy at the thought of having to use his sword so soon, he was genuinely glad to see some friends. Kel, Warryn, Monkey...it had been some time...
And Monkey now had caught his interest...

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 pm

The monkey looks somewhat more serious in his reply, not liking the thought that he would ask someone to kill. Killing has always been a last resort, to save others or to aid in saving the world

Monkay know you say you would work for Sentinels to Lophiatus. Monkay have job for you. Monkay say all Sentinels are to find their second. Monkay think, as they find their seconds, Kira should watch over the seconds and help the seconds train. Kira keep the seconds safe as best he can

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Kira nodded, remembering full well the offer and agreement he had made to Loph. That was binding, and had been extended to all of those that would follow him...right down to Monkey. His word was his law, and Kira could not break his word.
Bowing in both submission and politeness, Kira then stood straight and looked at Monkey, seriously, getting to business.

Alright...though you will have to confirm what you mean by the "seconds". I may have sworn to come to the aid of the Anointed one at anytime they called upon me, but I dont actually understand the Sentinels all that well...other than the basics, naturally. Please explain to me if you have time...Id like to understand, so I can do my job better.

Return to “Gweria”