From inside Varya...

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Re: From inside Varya...

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Warryn shivers, which made an odd grinding sound and then stood up. Round one of his eyes a faint red star appeared and then flickered away. In a completely different tone of voice, this one more like the humans and sharper he replied to Monkay.

I know of the Crown, I believe it was handed to the Golem after the Paladin of Mektar gave it up. It may also be in the possession of Lycan. I did not have time to acquire it in my brief moment of ... disobedience... Warryn seems to be happy for you to use it. I, however, am not. If you are to act out of line, I will personally enact retribution upon everyone involved. He may have some brief and foolish notion of honour, I am not so worried about butchering people in their sleep. A warning I would not ignore.

Onyx looked around and snarled at Kel, then seeing the blood from her once bleeding nose he smirks.

Goodbye.

Onyx sat down in the same way Warryn had, and after just a moment a big grin appeared across his face.

Hello again. Was that of any use? I;d make you feel better and say he doesn't mean it about killing you all, but he's telling me he does and I don't like lying. So yeah was that usef... GALATINE DIED?! YOU'RE UNDEAD?!

Earth immediately rose to encase Warryns feet as he channeled the strength of stone. He didn't make a move to attack but he seemed ready, then again his face hadn't changed from sheer boredom anyway. Zombies were nothing new.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Kira looked at Warryn and his cheek flushed slightly from embarrassment. And from cringing. Ah...right...he forgot Warryn tended to take things exactly as he heard it...

If Im undead, then tIm guessing Id be trying to eat you alive right now, Warryn. Sorry, let me make that clearer...urm...as soon as you put the earth down...please? Im not in the "get killed by Earth" mood today...I think onyx kind of saw to that last time we fought together.

He waited for Warryn to put the earth down. The elf didnt, of course, which was reasonable after hearing that an old ally may now be a wandering corpse trying to kill and eat the things it comes across but...
...Wow, Kira needed new friends...

I took a new NAME, Warryn. I had originally given up my old name after we escaped the Hopewastes, to remove any connections to the sword with a certain demon that I once carried. In nmae, Galatine is dead. I took up a new name, thats all. Im still alive...unless one of those zombies managed to get me in the night on the way here...probably a way to check that: fling magic at my limbs, and if I dont feel the pain, Im probably undea--DONT!!!

he stopped before Warryn could actually do it...best not to tempt the elf...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

**A group of guards come rushing over to the group, their reaction time honed to perfection after years of fighting the undead, their spears leveled at the man that one of the heroes of Varya, the Mouth-slayer himself, pointed at dramatically.**

"What's going on here sir?" asks the leader, before he gets an answer he turns to his subordinate. "Go fetch a Grey Robe or a priest, someone who can tell what type of undead we're dealing with..."

**Trigger Happy Guards.**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 pm

So, Galatine. Someone called Kira killed your name? We shall find them and punish them. I VOW to you Galatine, this tragedy will not by unavenged!!... Onyx will you please stop laughing this isn't funny... Erm guards I don't think he is a zombie, or an undead. But his name is? How do you catch a name zombie? Do they run fast Galatine? It can't have followed you past the gates... maybe it's waiting outside... Guards I am going to head to the gates would you like to come with me? I will help you fight this name stealer!!

Warryn stood up straight and yelled at the top of his somewhat crystalline lungs

S.H.I.E.L.D. ASSEMBLE!!!

Before stomping off down the road shield at his hand.

From down the street a quiet voice can be heard...

Onyx this really isn't funny will you please be quiet...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Warryn stops half way down the street.

OOOOOHHHHH

He comes stomping back up to Monkay, Kel and Galatine.

Onyx has explained it to me Galatine. He said something about 'identity issues' and 'overdramatics' which I didn't understand but I think I have it understood now. Nothing died, you just changed your name, like getting a title. Kira is like 'Lord' or 'Carpenter'.

He beams a smile.

No zombies here, thank Gerethenax!! So, Galatine, what brings you to Varya? Sightseeing?

He glances at the guards holding shields and spears and ponders to himself.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Kira touched his hand to his head with a sigh, shaking his head, then massaging his temples.

You know, Im probably going to enjoy this long-wandering-protecting thing far more than I actually should...

Regaining composure, he adressed Warryn first.

I dont mean...Warryn, I mean I just changed my name. Thats all. No undead, as you have lead these fine gentlemen to believe, or at least none that I know of, no "name zombies" or any other grammar related abomination...

Then looking at the guards, Kira bowed, humbly and politely.
My apologies...there was a misunderstanding on what I meant to say...though Im not sure if its healthy for him to have thought me changing my name and speculating about being attacked at night means I have become an undead...Erm, anyway...sorry...

If he had flushed before, his face was red enough to make him look like a fire elf.

As Warryn returned, Kira sighed and rolled his eyes, smiling still.
Urm, I...heard about the events here and...thought Id take a look and offer any help I can give...oh, and yes, its no longer Galatine, Warryn...my name is "Kira" now. My TITLE is Kensei...my NAME is Kira. Does that help any or do I still need to clear that up?

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:55 pm

The monkey sat down. Looking confused at the whole proceedings, he started scratching his head until everything calmed down

Monkay no understand what happen but Monkay think Galantine is ok and not dead no more.

He turns to Warryn

Monkay thank Onyx for his aid, Monkay do right thing with the crown. Monkay ask path where it is now

The Monkay smiles

Monkay wish ask Warryn if Warryn would join Monkay and others. Monkay need go help Lady Time and the Conclave for a week to correct things and set the world how it should be. Warryn help Monkay?

The monkey waits....
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Okay Kensei Galatine Kira I understand. Good of you to offer to help. I actually need to talk to you about a friend of ours, and perhaps bringing him back. I have spent most of this year training in order to become powerful enough to bring back Shogo. I can just about do it on my own but it will leave me in a bad state. I am not demanding, or insisting or suggesting you help, but if you would like to help me bring him back then I would appreciate the help. Though I understand if you have duties which require all the strength you have.

Warryn took a deep breath, he hadn't expected that everyone he could rely on to bring Shogo back would die. Now nearly everyone who had known him was dead, Warryn had waited too long and it may have cost him Shogos life, or his own.

Right Monkay you wanted to talk to me about something? Incidentally does anyone know a good place to stay ffor SHIELD members, I feel like I need a HQ, maybe something mobile? No, that's a silly idea...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Monkay ponders

Monkay think you make big room of stone with stone circle things at each corner and it can be pushed about?

He smiles

Oh Monkay remember Shogo, Kar knew him. Is he in Hopewastes? He be safe with Kalist
............................................................................Image

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Kira nodded as Warryn spoke, and as the diamond elf went on, his smile on grew wider.
You need to ASK me if I want to bring back Shogo? Warryn, if you know a way to do so, Id love to help you. I have missed him greatly also...he meant a lot to us both. I'll offer as much of my strength as you need, just tell me when and where...I really have missed that man...

Looking to Monkey, Kira asked again:
Soooo...what did you mean by "seconds", exactly? I dont know all that much about the sentinels other than the more obvious things...

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Monkay turns to Kira

The new Sentinels will be asked to find someone to take there place if they die, that will be their second

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Strangely I was thinking the same thing Monkay.

Warryn pauses, wincing a little at the thought of his friend.

Shogo is not in the hopewastes, I went there to look for him and couldn't find him. I even spoke to kanslaar and he said he would be willing to honour a ressurection. However I think Shogo is actually in the deep. In which case I suggest we appeal to Lazaar and offer him power equivalent to Shogos. That might work...

I'm interested in this seconds ideas aswell. Would the sentinels choose their own?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Kira takes this information in, making sense of all he now knew.
I understand. Yes, I will do my duty to you , as you wish, I shall make it my duty to protect the Seconds with my life. However, I do not yet know WHO is a Second yet, nor can I be everywhere at once. However, once I know whom is to be the next in line, I can better protect them. Are their any named as of yet? Might I have the names, if so?

He pulled his bundle of clothing off his back and set it down at his feet, adjusting the swords he wore at his side so they were more comfortable...damn, after wearing something as breathable as a hakama, trousers felt...well...confining.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 pm

The monkey addresses them both

Monkay not tell the sentinels yet of Monkays idea and Monkay would want to talk to the sentinels about their choices to make sure they good people for the job

Hearing Lazar's name, the monkey looks somewhat angry

Monkay say you should not deal with Lazar. Lazar is evil, Lazar is disrupting this world, Lazar being head of gods is corrupting the world, bringing the Glooms to the world to right the wrongs. Lazar must be stopped. You should not seek that being. If it needs be done, we will slay him or bind him away forever. Lazar brings death to this world.

Monkay pauses for a second and takes some deep breathes before smiling

Anyway, Monkay met Shogo once and Kar liked Shogo. We go into the Deep and we fight our way out, bringing Shogo with us. Monkay think that could work

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Kira listens to the thought of killing an evil god with some (private) glee. Funny that. You see your best friends get killed in front of you by the servants of a dark God and you have an agenda against them for the rest of your life...which turns out to be shorter than you like, sometimes.
Listening to the plan, his face falls slightly.

Easier said than done, dont you think? Killing the head of the Gods is bound to have some form of repercussion, not to mention, HOW can anyone slay a God? On top of that, sealing him away might not work if he is as powerful as I imagine...and going to the Deep, where he holds sway and is strongest is like walking into a trap just to see if its a trap. Its not very clever...Lazar would kill us all in a blink of an eye. Fighting our way OUT is about as possible as fighting our way IN, which isnt very high...also, if Shogo's soul was dragged down there...wont he have been corrupted by Lazar at this time too?

It stung the swordsman to think about his friend having been corrupted by the dark God...but what was likely in this case? Could Shogo have truly held out all this time against the tempting of the God...? Even if he hadnt...Kira knew he really, REALLY wanted to see his friend again...everyone he knew seemed to be dying...if he could bring even ONE back, then he would take that chance.

No matter...I'll go with anything you decide...so long as it does not inflict upon my word to The Annointed One...

Return to “Gweria”