From inside Varya...

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Hatsuo1980

Re: From inside Varya...

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:43 pm

The monkey shakes his head and starts talking somewhat more eloquently

I would envisage that Lazar's rise to power has taken up a great deal of his time. The soul of one mortal is nothing in comparison to becoming the head of the gods. Why would he even bother with the soul of one Serkanian? Also, Monkay-sans comments where once Lazar has been dethroned, not entering his realm at this precise moment in time. More things are of import right now, such as righting the world.

A brief shake of the head and Monkay is smiling once more

Yes what he said
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Warryn listens. Then decided to speak.

I'll listen to you Monkay, and I'm sorry if you don't like my plan. However I am only asking for help, not permission. As for killing a God, I've done it before, but had a stronger connection. I want to move soon though, I've waited long enough and so has Shogo.

He turns to Galatine.

Shogo is incorruptable. He cannot and will not be affected or altered by a god. I have complete faith in him. Any suggestion otherwise is a personal insult to me and him and I will not stand for that. I don't grudge you for what you just said, or thinking of it, you didn't know. But I won't stand for hearing it again.

Warryn's serious face broke into a smile and he hoped galatine wouldn't think he was upset with him.

Saving time? Sounds like most weeks. I'll help, aslong as people need protecting and things need fighting.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Kira listens to the exchange of words, raising an eyebrow at Monkey speaking (or being spoken through) like that...
After listening to Warryn, he feels slightly bad for doubting Shogo...but Kira wasnt quite as Hopeful as Warryn in that respect. He was just trying to be logical...though maybe it WAS better to Hope in the same things as Warryn here. After all...Shogo had been a mighty man alone...it was nearly impossible to accept he had died...he was much like Warryn too...and after all..."A mountain does not move", so says the proverb...

Your right...sorry Warryn. Im just...not so cheerful as I was. I think its probably something to do with all my friends sort of...dying. I guess I just became sort of protective over the ones I have left. You, Monkey...Kestral, Kel...you are the only people left out of the people I can think of as my "friends". Im worried one more will die, thats all...and you know, seeing several friends die against one dark God is more than enough for me...

Unconsciously, his hand touched the scars on his left cheek...the ones he had recieved on the island. Magic couldnt heal wounds connected to his emotions when they ran quite as deep as that...However, after having been around Kalist and Aquilla during their brief time on Velmaneth lately, the scars had become smaller.

I dont doubt Shogo, Im sorry. Id do anything to see him back, good or evil, whatever has happened to him. Warryn, he was my friend too, I spent a long time around him, so did you...thats why I want to help. If you have a way, then lets hurry and do it.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Monkay turns to Warryn

Monkay no give Warryn orders. Monkay offer idea. Monkay say we do what needs be done, we deal with Lazar then we, the Sentinels, go down into the Deep and break friend Shogo out.

Monkay pauses for a second

Monkay been to the deep, it no nice but Monkay know your brothers will stand by you Warryn

Monkay smiles
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 pm

That's okay Monkay, it sounds like a good idea. Though I have met Lazar, or at least a part of him. He isn't unreasonable. Though he didn't deliver on a promise he made me and that makes me very very annoyed. If you think we will have more success by going to the deep then I agree.

Turning to kira

It's okay, I said I didn't mind that time.

Then back to Monkay

My brothers are coming here? That's good I've been meaning to find them!! Though I think it's risky bringing one of them here he's really dangerous, and scary. Oh and the air one will probably be late...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 am

Monkay think we sit down with Flynn and Kel before we make decision. Monkay mean your brother sentinels, not brother elves

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Who or what is Flynn?

Warryn asked absent minded-ly, he wasn't that bothered. He did however sit down in the middle of the street crossed legged.

let me know when the decision is made.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Monkay say Flynn is Mungo's other side, you remember Mungo from Siege

The Monkay smiles

Monkay not sure when we have to go help the Conclave and Time but Monkay think it soon. Monkay need try and get more things before then

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I will help you find anything which is attuned to my lord, I've been meaning to be a more active Paladin. I think the church of Gerethenax has some real ground to gain back. This wasn't a pun, Warryn meant it.

Any artefacts or the like need protecting, and should be in the hands of those faithful to Lord Gerethenax.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Monkay nods

Monkay no disagree with Warryn's comments. You think you ask your Lord where the Gerethanax items are?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Listening in, Kira nodded to Warryn, then took in all that was said, in case it became important later. The name "Mungo" he recognized, though Flynn was less memorable...he had a vague recollection of the name somewhere...
When Warryn mentioned the Church of Gerethanax, it suddenly struck the swordsman that he was not aware of any Hope followers other than himself that still lived. There was a problem all on its own...

I am sorry to have to rely on your information for this again, but do either of you know of any new followers of the Church of Hope? After I heard the rumors surrounding Markus' death, I fear I am the only active member that still takes to the battlefield. Are there any other heroes under the banner of Hope that have emerged of late? Im not much of a public speaker, so its going to be...hard...if Im left with gathering others for the Church of Hope...

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 pm

The monkey bows his head

Monkay think Marcus was brave and his death was not good but he is with his Paladin and the Angel of Hope now. Monkay think he be happy. Monkay start believing in Hope, memories of Kalist flood Monkays mind. That Kalist memories and faith can be somewhat overwhelming at times. Monkay no mind, Kalist Monkay's friend and Kalist give Monkay spells

The monkey smiled

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Kira blinked, trying to make sense of this, then arriving at a conclusion, smiled.

Oh good. Thats...both rather unnerving and very comforting at the same time. Still, glad to know Im not alone. And yes...I hope Markus is alright. Anyway, Monkey-dono, I am ready to help you, as I stated before...

he looked over to Warryn
...And naturally, id like to offer my help in bringing back Shogo...so...whichever comes first, I suppose. As long as it doesnt conflict with the other, that is...

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 pm

As the name of the Lord of the Gods is invoked a chill wind sweeps through the gathered 'heroes' and a voice is heard, yet even looking around they do not see the speaker...

It seems that one of you wants my attention, you did afterall speak my name numerous times... interesting conversations you are having.

I don't think your quite ready to have Shogo back yet... but when you are I'll send my house to pick you up and go through my challenges. I'd prefer that to you storming my planes. Oh, lets not be too hasty to call me names, Nichal is removed and Annihilation under rule... something which was left undone and would have been harder without my interventions... afterall without my claim on The Deep the toothy bastard would be running around on Velmaneth... now he is nothing more than a pile of bones and a disembodied spirit protecting my interests.

Its curious that you find my presence as ruler of the Gods a crime... I claimed the position over Quarin, and we all know that he seeks the end of all life. I at least make living fun. But if you don't want my rule I can hand it over to Him, he is the only other god eligible for the position until Eremine is restored... which incidentally is the fault of one of the Sentinel's... you should be more careful than to drop the Mace of Destruction on to the Jewel.

Saviour, the Glooms are not my doing, merely balance trying to reassert itself upon the world, killing them doesn't help the balance return any faster... infact you have been helping keep it broken. Who are you to say that my life should be forfit when following my destiny and path? Has your path indicated that I am in the wrong?

As the voice speaks it is clear that the owner is smiling and finds the conversation regarding him humorous... he does, afterall, having the backing of the Gods... even if they don't like it, they have accepted it...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 am

Hearing the smug voice of the head of the Pantheon, the monkey's usual jovial demeanor shifts. His lip turns up at one corner and his eyes close slightly, focussing.

Monkay wonder why don’t you show your face instead of sitting on your throne like the fat coward you are?

Monkay’s head shakes briefly

Who are you to decide when we are ready to reclaim our friend? You are no one. You offer to send us your house, IT ISN’T YOUR HOUSE TO SEND!!! That house belongs to Domus and we fully intend to reclaim it in his name.

We mortals bound Nichal into the Underdeep and, should he have arisen once more, we mortals would have bound him once again. We mortals forced Annihilation to ascend, we mortals knew the rules of the Gods, rules which would be imposed with or without you, yet you sit high up in the realm of faith and twist the events of the world to claim you are responsible?

We are not as stupid as you would believe, Lazar.

You try to make us believe that Quarin is the only other eligible god to take the throne to make us feel you are the lesser of two evils when you could transfer your title and power to any of the gods, that seems more than reasonable.

You speak of Quayle, whose actions with the mace of destruction were to save this world. Maybe this caused the death of Eremine but, if you feel so bad about it, FIX IT. You have the ability, you have the power of the king of the gods. SACRIFICE YOUR POWER AND BRING HER BACK. Prove you aren’t the evil being bent on controlling everything that we think you are.

The glooms are not created by you. We, the Anointed Saviour, concede that point. The reason they are here is BECAUSE OF YOU. YOU have upset the balance of this world, YOU have halted the world progressing in the way it should. We do not seek to kill the glooms, we only do it to save our own lives. They are as much agents of the path as we are just with a different outlook. They will not leave this world. They will come, and in greater numbers, until you are no longer king of the gods.

Our path has indeed indicated that you should not be in the position you currently hold. You life need not be forfeit; we do not believe that your position as a god causes issues. It is your position as the king that poses problems. Your life will only end at our hands should you not relinquish your position voluntarily.

You may kill every last one of us but more will come, such is the nature of the path, the nature of mortals and the nature of heroes, and eventually you will be defeated.

Until then, we will continue doing what we must.

Monkay shakes his head once more.

Monkay say you do the right thing or Monkay bash you in head with his stick, a lot, whether it hurt you or not, Monkay no care. Monkay be happy to smash you in face.

The monkey smiles

Return to “Gweria”