From inside Varya...

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Phil.Priest

Re: From inside Varya...

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 am

Hmm, quite the temper you have.

Eremine's return is not for any of the Gods to fix, none of us have the power to recreate the creator. Hense your current set of tasks.

Things have been made easier on all mortals as I have restricted the Gods from interfering with the mortals as much as they used to, oh they will still answer their faithful, but none of them will leave the heavens until things are as they should be... and you know as well as I that the Gods that interfered were not the benevolent powers that you all love so dearly.

As for Nichal, he was not bound to the Underdeep, he merely had the Deep imprisoning him in, which he almost broke out. My intervention and initial ascention in power kept him held back, my claiming of the Throne saw him removed from being a threat in future.

You know the rules of the Gods? What of the new decrees that I have imposed? Without them Annihilation would have been free to send an agent down to continue his work.

And it was not I who upset the balance of the world. Seek out the fools who brought down the Realm of Faith, the fools who gave power to the Cult of the Faithless. Ask your precious Path if it truly was Quarin who would have taken the Throne had I not. Mamazumo has been raised to the position of Queen of the Pantheon, in an effort to bring some balance for it cannot be fixed by our power, I think you know what and maybe who is needed to fix the problems and you are on that path already.

With my aid, of course, for those artefacts would not have been as easily attainable without my force of will upon the Gods.

Watch your temper my furry friend, loose it and you will loose.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am

The monkay smiles and seems more like his usual self

Monkay no angry, Monkay find it funny how you still to afraid to come see us face to face

Monkay think Lazar admit he is to weak to fix Eremine and must rely on us.

You think we need your degrees to get things we need. Monkay would have found a way to get the godly powers somehow and Monkay owed couple of favours by people. Monkay think Lazar underestimates Monkay. Monkay and friends have a habit of winning when we shouldn’t, Monkay sure you know that.

Monkay not Lazar’s friend. Does Lazar need Monkay to tell him what a friend is? Monkay think you come down and meet Monkay and Monkay show you what sort of friend Monkay is to you.

A huge smile beams across the monkey’s face
............................................................................Image

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Afraid? Oh no... but there are rules in place, as you so rightfully pointed out. I am enforcing them and will not allow them to be ignored until we need to involve ourselves.

And you may be right... perhaps I do underestimate you. Your tactics are Varya were unusal and yet some things still went wrong... they were righted, but in a combined effort... I do wonder how some of you will cope when you are seperated.

I'll be listening and watching, when the time is right and the circumstances met Eremine will be returned, it will be up to her to enforce the rules then... do you think she will reprimand the other Gods for involving themselves in mortal affairs? I have given you a reprieve to do the job, despite what you think there are some who would use the Book for their own gain. Make sure it cannot be accessed by anyone, you have almost all of the keys and those that seek the book know this too... I have curtailed much, which has apparently disrupted your precious balance.

Get over my bastardly nature and do your job oh mighty Sentinel.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:48 pm

The monkey laughs

Monkay think Lazar is funny. Monkay think your first confident and found us amusing but now you resort to try and insult Monkay, cause Monkay tell the truth and you are afraid that what Monkay saw will come true. Monkay may not have parents, Monkay was born of the World. Monkay say this World is Monkay's parents and Monkay no care what Lazar think.

Monkay see that Lazar just show Monkay he is weaker than he would have us think.

Monkay not do what you say, Monkay will do the right thing.

The monkey pauses and smiles

Monkay agree with you on one thing, Monkay is mighty
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Warryn looks up towards the skies with a look of disgust, not at Lazar, just at the thought of clouds.

Trials for Shogo? That doesn't seem fair when you haven't got me what you promised yet. Um-nah, now please.

Warryn held out his hand like a child waiting for a glass of milk. Expectantly waiting.

and for your information, we arn't looking for keys. We're looking for a headband...

idiot.

Warryn looked pleased at himself, not understanding any of the conversation that had been going on but still pretty certain he had wiped the floor with the King of Gods. That showed him. Gerethenax style.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Kira jumps slightly at the dark voice at first...though it seems almost feigned. Odd.
Listening to the exchange of words between Monkey and Lazar. Inititally, he began with a slightly confused face, but nearing the end, his face spoke for him in a "Please-stop-pissing-off-the-Dark-God!"
As far as he knew, Quarrin was bad...so perhaps Lazar was mildly better than the other "option" presented. Though why another God could not take Lazar's place as head, Kira had no idea...politics was not his thing. And frankly, he'd rather avoid a divine conference. Or anything related to the Gods, actually...well, except for Hope, Gerethanax (what could he say, the Earth God was easy to get on with) and probably Mektar. Well...he had a certain fondness for his Old Lord..(or Lady, as it turned out).

Okay, well, sorry to break up your supernatural chit-chat...but can we...sort of...ignore the evil overlord and go do as we were going to before hand in a sort of "Ignore him and he'll go away" kind of approach. So, maybe we cant talk with Lazar to negotiate Shogo's return...but there are still things to do. Hopefully, completion of said tasks will result in a "certain" God who shall remain nameless being removed of certain powers for a certain deity to take up once more. Just saying...not that Im taking sides right now, alright?

The last part was true enough. Kira didnt want to pick sides right now in anything. Helping out where he was needed was one thing...taking a side was a different matter...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 pm

The gathered heroes feel as if the watching diety has an eyebrow raised and a pleathora of insults are ready to barrage in to the retarded morons standing within Varya.

None of you are quite getting what is happening... are you?

Kira feels the gaze of the god upon him from afar, surely something bad is about to happen to the loner of a swordsman...

Isn't Kira a girls name? Surely you should be running home crying about a scuffed knee instead of trying to stay on the fence... badly. You really think I didn't notice the insinuation that you want to continue your task to get rid of me, but you want to remain neutral at the same time?

Be thankful you didn't outright insult me.

The baleful gaze switches and turns toward the slow (in more than one way) Diamond Elf...

Umna is on my list, just when we agreed that I would take his soul we didn't agree a time period in which I would claim it.

And as for your direct insult toward me, this will teach you a lesson...

Snapcast Touch of Death (Divine source!)

As the dark power surrounds the mighty Paladin of Gerethanax he attempts to move and even tries to use the power of his inner jewel to push it away, it seems however that pissing off the King of the Gods really does make his magic stick...

This would be where you use your gifted powers... go on, I don't mind... one day they won't save you...
Lazar, God of Darkness

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Warryn gasped his dying breath, that was the part he didn't mind; not having to breathe air anymore was a godsend... quite literally.

Yet before the death magic could claim him he mustered enough courage and strength to murmur one confused question.

Galatine's a girl?

The shock hit him, both from the magic and the idea of this sudden revelation, and the Diamond Elf slumped to the floor.

No sound was heard for a moment but any attuned to the ways of magic could swear they heard a sarcastic and gravelly voice, those present at Gerethenax's fall could hear the voice of Onyx.

Really? Really?! I gave up god-hood for this?

Warryn's dreams were short lived, but pretty. He was freeing bags of gravel from their entrapment by an air mage, with the help of a certain martial arts master.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Kel's attention seems to drift for a moment, as though listening to a voice no one else can hear, however seeing Warryn fall to the ground, she instantly focuses and runs over to him, chanting 'Repair and seal, bind and hope' (OOC Hope 3, unless Warryn or someone else intervines) until the dark spell releases the elf.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

The monkey hears the words of the "god" and Warryn's questionning of Galantine's sexuality and starts laughing hysterically.....

.....until the Diamond Elf falls to the ground

Monkay call forth the power of the path to aid this one (OOC: Bastion of Hope)

Monkay jumps over to Warryn's lifeless body (OOC: Jump) and then kneels.

Monkay calls forth the power of Kalist to infuse this ones soul (OOC: Hope 3)

These spells take place over the period of 30 seconds, Monkay has been accustomed to the nature of TOD having taken a fair few now :-)

After the 30 seconds, Monkay tries to aid the heavy Diamond elf to his feet and looks upwards

Is that the best you have? We still stand

The Monkay smiles....

By the way, isn't that interfering in the mortal realm. Ha ha ha

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Once Warryn is back on his feet, Kel decides to give him the information she's learnt before anything else life-threatening happens

Thought you'd want to know, Warryn, Umna is in Arnad Gaurhoth and Tempril is in Fikiawe. As far as I know, in the living world...Hope that helps. You feeling alright?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Waryn groggily stands, mightily angry and annoyed. That was a good dream... but shogo and the liberation of gravel would have to wait.

He opened his mouth to retort, the ground beneath his feet ready to fling upwards towards he sky in a vain attempt at revenge, but before he could his body shook and thrashed. Then it went still and he brought his hands together in front of him.

Warryn and I, Onyx, would like to thankyou Monkay, and Kel of the Telefret people for being so able where one of us was not. In addition to this we would like to apologise to the great lord of lords for having acted rashly. We trust that our Lord Gerethenax will not be held responsible for such reckless and ill-informed actions, on the understanding that such actions will not take place again.

Warryn/Onyx bowed respectfully, though there was disdain in the voice and it sounded like it was spoken through gritted teeth.

He sat back down peacefully until the shield at his side came crashing into his face with a strength that screamed of personal feeing.

Behave... this is for the good of all.

the shield listened and lay lifeless at the ground. A calm state of being which couldonly be that of a mature, and reasoned soul, that of Warryn. In reality Warryn had fallen asleep in the shield. Nothing got him over a near death experience like throwing rocks at air mages...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Onyx looked up at Kel, still sneering at her once bleeding nose.

Thankyou for that diverting information. I think I'll hold onto that for now. Warryn doesn't need to know things that will lead him to his death, or to a huge waste of time.

His smile spread...

Oh and I wouldn't tell him your answer... otherwise next time we meet may be less than pleasant.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 am

Interfering? And you said you knew what our rules are..

Thank you for the information Haran Kel, it is time I had a visit with Tempril... I'm curious as to how my servant is once more alive...

I'll be watching...

The disturbing aura of the dark being fades.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Onyx slammed the shield on the ground, and the diamond elf shook.
I need to go to fikiawe to protect my brother. I can't let anything happen to him.

warryn, for it was him, stood up and began to make his move toward the city gates.
Umnah can wait, when you know where he is, kel, I shall go find him.

air elf siblings were such a chore...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Gweria”