Movment in Gweria

For events within Gweria

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Chee

Movment in Gweria

Postby Chee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:31 am

Samuel looked across the table at the many others gathered within the darkened room. The ghostly silence of his Generals of undeath and the cold eyes of the many hopeslayers he had gathered to his cause giving a chill to the air that threatened to choke the few candle flames that flickered their pitiful light upon the room.

The few years he had been gathering his forces had been... productive. He had been able to raise his own more elite forces in safety and Gweria had provided an ample supply of lesser undead to gather for the more, menial tasks. Then there had been that little ordeal with that greater Demon last year who had made an army in the tens of thousands before the delightful little hero group had destroyed him leaving a massive number of ‘raw materials’ which had been a great boon to the forces. There of course had been some issues with the ‘neighbours’, the ‘annihilation’ lot been the most prominent and more dangerously, most active of them. But now the heroes had once again proved themselves useful and sorted that out to. Raising him as a god... how innovative. Not exactly the way I would have done things but each to their own. The remanding forces of the assault on Varya had given Samuel quite a nice little recruiting opportunity as the many hopeslayers who were not believers in this ‘annihilation’ had been eager to find new allegiance. It had rather been disappointing when a large portion of the remaining forces had declared they wouldn’t join as they awaited the arrival of their new leader, the Paladin of Annihilation, the reaper of destruction. That aside there was also the small issue of the Demon werewolf lord who quite clearly had his own agenda and although a potential ally should the need arise, certainly a liability if Samuel allowed him to interfere with the resources he had gathered so far.

And now the mists that had been cause for so much concern had receded. The effects appearing to have gone entirely but even more interestingly the news of War with the elves and the humans in the heartlands just as it had been years ago. This was worthy of investigation and could prove... interesting to say the least. There may well be great opportunity at hand.

The cold silence of the room drew on as Samuel considered his words.

It is time my brothers...
It is time to become more that just a whispered name and rumour in these lands.
It is now we shall rise and take a place for our own. A place for the people who are willing to dedicate themselves to something greater. Something more than just their own mortal shell, to believe in powers beyond the veil of the world around them and to put their trust and faith in the gods. It is time, to establish the first city of the Jehovren peoples.

Generals, gather our forces, we move tonight.

That evening. Across Gweria, large pockets of undead begin to move with purpose. Smaller groups joined together to make larger groups, these then grew until hordes in the thousands headed south towards the Lake of Harna.

**Samuel**

Chee

Re: Movment in Gweria

Postby Chee » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 pm

It has been several days and slowly the horde at the lake has grown to massive numbers as more and more forces arrive. Although not Samuels entire force, it was the bulk of what he controlled. Looking over the milling masses he smiled as two years worth of work made their way to the water front.
Upon arrival the horde becomes more organised as the generals and hopeslayers begin giving the masses their assigned tasks. A large number of the better equipped undead form up into defensive lines creating a large perimeter on the east side of the lake. A few hundred of the most elite form up around Samuel and his advisers as they begin working on the plans for the new construction. The thousands left begin moving off with their leaders to being the massive manual labour task that was ahead of them. They begin digging trenches, start mining the local stone while others being cutting down the lumber and dragging it to the water front. Although not skilled workers, the absolutely huge numbers made up for any inefficiency. Samuel watched as his work force made their progress. A force of workers, who could work night and day, never tiring, never resting, obedient and loyal, ready to take up arms and defend their lands at a moment’s notice with no regrets or fear. Samuel smiled as his brothers did their work and he returned to his.

Summon the envoys. I think it’s time to do a little... diplomacy.

**Samuel**

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:51 pm

<<Note: Lake of Harna's waters are rancid and stagnant... despite the flow of water>>
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Chee

Postby Chee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 pm

As the minions work tirelessly like some sort of giant undead ant hill, Lord Samuel and his advisers continue to consider their plans.
One of the younger hopeslayer advisers tries to make a point about the condition of the lake.

Brothers, I do not relish being the bearer of Ill news, but as you have all probably noticed the lake is far from suitable to sustain the city. We should move on and find somewhere else.

By the look of the faces of many, the advisers seemed to have also come to the same conclusion but the location had been chosen by Samuel and none of them seem inclined to question the decision. The many faces turned to look at Samuel and his reaction to the suggestion.
Samuels passive smile remained on his pale face. The lingering pause giving a feel of unease to the group.

An accrete observation. It is true, the lake would not be a suitable water source for a mayor city. However, you may be forgetting a few...details.
Firstly my dear friend... the Jehovren peoples are rather smaller than the other tribes. Our numbers being in the Hundreds rather than in the thousands as the other tribes like the Larkant or the Telefret. So unlike the other tribes we would not require a major water source on our doorstep, the local area has what little water we would need from other sources. In addition, we have a sizable workforce that could easily transport sufficient supplies from further afield if we find ourselves in need. In addition our ‘standing army’ as such will never succumb to the weakness of the fleshes need to drink.
And finally, I feel it is quite fitting to have such a city placed next to a lake of death and decay. A lake abound with life and purity would just be depressing don’t you think?

The advisers nod their approval, several give nervous glances toward the hopeslayer who questioned Samuel, wondering if they would see him alive again when night fall came. The discussions and planning continues as the evening sets in.

**Samuel**

Chee

Postby Chee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 pm

The Days and Nights draw on as the swarm of activity continues relentlessly with the unending strength of the unliving labourers. The earth and stone hill next to the lake is feverishly dug, mind and cut at by thousands of the undead as they quite literally reshape the hill side next to the lake and begin creating the walls and foundations of the new fortress city. Freshly cut wood and worked stone is dragged and carried up onto the new foundation as the ant-nest like activity continues.

**Samuel**

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:32 am

The Weeks and Months drag on as stone is cut and wood is carved by the tireless efforts of the unliving. With the top of the hill literally cut clean away the peak now provides a flat stone surface for the construction of the fortress city. Cut wood and worked stone are piled high as testament to the efforts of the thousands who continue to work upon the fresh stone walls now being built upon the edge of the new city foundations. Near the base of the hill, the tents contain the few living beings in this place.
Inside, Samuel looks over some of the reports of a few things he had felt it was wise to keep an eye on. The one that interested him now was the report on pathway and the military forces that where present there. It was interesting to see that despite the haste in which the human tribes had assembled their forces, they were extremely unwilling to make their move upon the fortresses of pathway. It was doubtful from the reports that Erithal would have had the time to present sufficent forces fast enough to defend all three forts should the human tribes have attacked as soon as the bulk of their current forces had arrived.
But... regardless. They had not attacked, the Elven forces were not running scared with only Divarni to make a stand in and Erathil had had the time to fully occupy three well defended forts with a self contained supply line, allowing his forces to enjoy a huge tactical advantage against any attacking enemy. Not to mention the ability to now control the heart lands in their entirety as he holds the two major key landmarks as well as the Well of power that the heartlands and the Jehovoren people are so famous for. On the other hand there are the forces of the human tribes who now hold a considerably less tactical position, needing to hold a line over a mile wide with no tactical terrain to give an advantage, no high fortress walls, no magical artifacts of time to protect them and to top it all off unrealistically long supply lines that must be logistical nightmares. The costs to maintain such forces at such a distance from their major cities much be through the roof.... And the Larkants, with the largest forces out of all of them just lost pathway, one of their major settlements. That got to be another big blow to there coffers. The disruption of the mists must have messed things up for the tribes to, although I'm sure they've sorted themselves by now but it is another thing that's put them at a disadvantage.

Samuel puts the report down and glances again at an official looking letter.

If you wish to discuss matters with someone who understands your ways and plights, in a non-aggressive environment, then please return this messenger, alive and living, with a suitable meeting point. Any aggression will not be tolerated.
Warren Coshwood

The high elf messenger stood quietly in the corner. Very quietly in fact, on account of being currently made of stone. An unfortunate misunderstanding with the guards who had not been familiar with the concept of messengers or their purpose. After some strong and in some cases, permanent 'disciplining' of the guards, they where all far more aware of such matters but Samuel felt it was convenient to keep him in his current state instead of waiting around while Samuel considered his response. It was a kindness really...

**Samuel**

Callum

Postby Callum » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:00 pm

**Squits teleports in**
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Chee

Postby Chee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:32 pm

The many unliving guards swarm towards the new comer but make no attempt to attack. One of the many wraiths detaches its self from the group and heads to the tents by the lake. A minute later the wraith returns and addresses Squits.

Hail King Squits. Your arrival is most unexpected. Please, my Lord invites you to his temporary accommodation while the city is being built.
The other undead move away to resume their posts as the wraith leads Squits to a group for expensive looking tents. Inside there are a number of comfortable chairs and a table with many plans and papers littering the top. Next to the table stands Samuel with several hopeslayers and undead. He addresses Squits.

Greetings King Squits, what an unexpected surprise. Either you are highly resourceful and have returned from death or you are an imposter.

Samuel Walks over to one of the more comfortable chairs and sits watching Squits with a calculating look.

So tell me, if you can. In the week we first met, You and another spoke with me upon the mountain side about a possible alliance. You with your goblins, me with my undead and him and his people.

Who was that third person?

**Samuel**

Callum

Postby Callum » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Squits moves and sits in one of the chairs

"That Person was V'jel"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Chee

Postby Chee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Samuel gives a slow nod then finally gives a crooked little smile.

And so it was... You may go.

Samuel gestures to the entrance and the assorted hopeslayers and undead file out the room leaving only Squits and Samuel in the tent.

So, you have returned. I am impressed but not all that surprised. Im sure you can tell me quite a story of how you escaped but I think it would be more productive if you told me what you intend to do now you are in the mortal realm again. I can tell you things have certainly been interesting since you left if you care to hear about them.

**Samuel**

Callum

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 pm

"i already know erithil is in the realm again"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 am

Indeed, his return has certainly caused a bit of a panic among the human tribes. The elves have been stirred up by him, some are flocking to his banner, others are stating their objections and distain for him. It is certainly an interesting development.

Let me think what else you may have missed. There has of course been the rise of that annihilation deity that has been popular within Gweria and the war between the Rodera and the Orks has come along quite nicely.
The dividing of the human tribes to be ruled by a single Harran for each separate tribe with the old Harran declaring himself Emperor. I was ‘elected’ Harran of the Jehovren tribe, there was that whole business with colourful Island that got remained Brockman Isle and is now run by a merchant chap. There was also the Murder of the Harran of the Telefret. There is some rumour she is ‘alive’ again but in the form of undeath. A most interesting rumour that I’m sure will require further investigation.
A goblin called Bong declared himself king of the Goblins. The sentinels have been active as ever getting themselves into trouble and generally saving the world from a multitude of perils. The jewel temporarily got destroyed and a great pink mist engulfed most the world creating mutants and almost destroying the world in general. That got fix apparently and the mutants don’t seem to be making much of a show.
The Larkant lost pathway to Erithal and his elves but the humans still hold Fort Drake. The human tribes have made a hasty gathering of forces but seem happy enough to leave pathway in the hands of Erithal for now. I believe the heartlands are entirely controlled by his forces.

But I digress. As glad as I am to see you, you still haven’t told me what you have planned. One does not return from the grave without quiet a lot of determination. Do you have an agenda?

**Samuel**

Callum

Postby Callum » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 pm

"right this is what i know about erithil there were two of them one is now a god the other is sat in pathway at a guess i tryed to stop the rise of erithil but failed"

squits sits thinking for a few moments

"first thing i have to do is wait for shifty to get back to this world if he succeeds at night of the nearly living, Then go and get my kingdom back from boing i may have to kill him to do that and kill a few rodera not done that in years, was wondering if i could borrow some of your most stealthy undead to retake my throne"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Chee

Postby Chee » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Samuel gives a small calculating smile then speaking smoothly he gives a nod.

Of course my friend. Go now, I shall instruct the General to supplie you with what you require. In the mean time I shall see what has become of our shifty little friend.

**Samuel**

Return to “Gweria”