A Shattered Shrine

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: A Shattered Shrine

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 am

"From what little I've heard the main battle is to be to the south, at the entrance to the caves. I will be travelling there. If you're planning on joining a group tackling Erathil head-on, I wish you luck. I think I'd be more use elsewhere."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:23 pm

Thank you

**He stands**

Good luck to yourself, perhaps we will meet again, if you learn any more information please let me know

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 am

A few days later, in the morning twilight, a pair of young figures sit on a ruined wall next to one another much as they have done on rocks and branches for many decades. Unseen by mortal eyes, they look across at the rising sun, she simply sitting and watching, he pulling some acorns from a pocket and beginning to inexpertly juggle. Unexpectedly, and for the first time almost in living memory, she turns to him and speaks.

"He's gone."

The acorns fall, forgotten in the moment as he looks at her. "No, he promised he'd come back he..." He trails off in the face of her gaze, loosing the certainty and conviction that their friend would come back.

"You didn't feel it, did you? That wonderful moment of terror cut short. He's not coming back."

He looks away, back toward the sun, and it is as if his frown was never there. "There will be another. Somewhere. There always is." He pulls some more acorns forth and tries again to juggle them, youthful enthusiasm not dented by the loss.

"That's it?" She peers at him. "One instant and he's forgotten? I though I was the cold one."

He laughs, clear and happy, and throws one of his acorns through the space where she had been an instant before. Then he jumps down from the wall, and speaks to the empty air. "You can't live in yesterday. Only dream of it."

And so, as it had for many decades, the new day begins.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:22 pm

*With an intake of air Kriska appears at the edge of the shrine, a glint of sorrow on her face. It had taken sometime to get to where she wanted to go. Slowly she approached the shrine looking at the familiar walls, feeling the loss of friends gone past. Finally she sits amidst the ruins eyes closing with a tear running down her face, slowly she starts to speak with a shaky voice.*

"Said the man I made God in my image
And I made the world that you see
Like the god that I am, I will do what I can
I can do what I want when I please

And the Rainbow never came
As the sun beat on the land
And the dove flying high simply died in the sky
When the man who was god raised his hand

Said the man I'm the wisest of creatures
The ruler of all I survey
I will twist I will change, all my world rearrange
In my garder of eden I'll play

Chorus

Said the man I give life and I take it
I own the Earth and the sea
With a wave of my hand, I can clear all this land
Till the only one left will be me

Chorus

Said the man I control every creature
And their futures I hold in my hand
I'm a god! I'm a king! I can do anything
For no-one can stop what I've planed

I need no idol to worship
I worship the progress I make
When I tear down the old; build tomorrow in gold
I will take, I will fake, I will break

Chorus

Cried the god I made you in my image!
You harnessed the earth I designed!
With the power you employed all my work you destroyed!
I'll wipe you and your world from my mind.

Chorus"

*As she finishes her body sags and falls backwards, opening her eyes she looks around at the heart of another druids glade, a glade that had lost its owner. Speaking once more she feels the cold.*

"He is gone, returned to the earth, returned to nature. I saw a great silver tree come from his body, a tree that remade life, a tree that brought the dead wood back to the living and growing. Where that tree now walks I do not know, but I do know that if you want a new home you can find it. I will be going back soon, to the heart of my glade, but if you want to wait and see if he will return to you one day then you can. I come here to honor him and remember what he wrote and how he died to help to save us all from the end of the world. Please forgive the intrusion, please forgive me for not being able to save his life. There was nothing more that I could do, I am sorry."

*She lies on her back tears rolling down her face, sadness burning in her heart as she remembered the words that were written in the book.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:41 pm

**A single blade of silver grass grows where the centre of the glade once was, blended in, unseen by all**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:05 pm

*Kriska lies there flat on her back and prays to the Celestial Dragon to guide the the glade and to guide a new innocent to the heart to keep it alive to keep the spirits living there happy and content.*

*Lucy*

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:55 pm

*Eventually Kriska left feeling a bit better that she had offered the invertation for the spirits. She clambered to her feet and looked around, slowly she walked out of the grove and in the direction of Narturlin.*

*Lucy*

Return to “The Heartlands”