Near the Shrine of Eremine

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Re: Near the Shrine of Eremine

Postby bedevere » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Sadly, yes. The life of a hero seems little but that. While I enjoy a challenge, and something to keep my mind active, I would much rather have had a dull day making vitaea potions for the population, to all of this...

I find myself wondering though, how much we can actually do to solve all of this. Heroes are a diverse bunch, but most seem to be destructive, whereas we need the exact opposite...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:56 pm

*Kriska nods.*

"I know, there are very few that do not distroy things on sight. Do.... no...."

*Kriska looks down and swallows hard.*

"Never mind."
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm

Heroes are mostly a force for chaos, which I suppose is why Velnashar has taken such an interest in them. As a force unto themselves, they will achieve so much without him even lifting a finger. In truth, I adventure as much to keep an eye on them as for my own reasons. This said, I know they accomplish much good, I just wish it could be by less randomly violent means, at times.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:06 am

*Kriska smiles a little not enough to be convincing.*

"Yet how can you stop someone from butchering an innocent infront of your eyes. How can you stop people who could possibly have survived from being put to their deaths. There was dagger and sword wounds on some of those Earth Elves. That was not just the contamination that had infected them, that was somone killing. If I ever find out who that was then Celestial Dragon help them."

*Kriska is starting to look very angry, and very annoyed.*

"Yet then again. I am not a person who has spoken truely to my Diety for a long time. When....."

*She cuts off once more.*

"Lets just move a little further on, then we can relax once more."

*She gets to her feet and tries her foot out. Finding that she can put more weight onto it she moves around a little.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:45 am

It was the dragonkin with the mask and the purple skin. I'm sure I could have saved a few, at least, but he didnt even give me a chance. Decided he could do nothing to help, and killed them.

I'm used to people forgetting about me, ignoring me, and so on. I've spent long enough as a scout, that I grew to consider it a compliment. But to ignore the only person there with healing talents that could be used? The man is at best a fool...

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:11 pm

*A cold look wraps around Kriska, for a moment she seems beyound anger. When she speaks her voice seems alot calmer.*

"Well, he acted within Narturlin, he will have to suffer the penalties of Narturlin. Also the fact that he did not even give them a chance. I am not sure I have meet this dragon kin before I do not think his father will be happy with what he has been up to. Also if he is purple, then something has ment that it has gone wrong, or there is something different from him and the other dragon kin. Did he have any other colour on him?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 pm

Only around his eyes was visible past his mask. He smells different from the few kin I've encountered, though. Each of those had an odour similar to an elf of their element, in their own way. He didn't. I can't describe exactly how he smelled, It was almost like something was... missing, I suppose. I don't think there are really words to explain it, but while everything was there, it was as if something wasn't. As if a fundamental part of what he is, is something not being there. Not in the same way as Aratain, either.

Anyway. Try to stay focused on helping who we can for now. We can't bring people back, but we can certainly make sure that as few as possible join those already dead.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:13 pm

*Kriska does not speak only walks a little away. She looks down and frowns, moving to one side she looks into the ditch and gasps.*

"How could they! Now this is not fair, please don't tell me they dumped this person here because they died enroute. Please?"
*She looks down and examins them.*

"This person needs to be either taken to the village or they need the contamination removed from them, who ever did this is contaminating the area where the bodies lie."

*She touches the ground near the courpse and flinches.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:19 pm

This entire area is likely contaminated already, and we cannot move him any more than we could move Threan's statue at the moment.

If my better equipment wasn't destroyed, I could easily make the potions we need, but as it is, I'm fairly limited in what I can do. However, I can at least do one simple test.

*Nathaniel has finished mixing his concoction, and sprinkles the fine powder across the corpse, and ground immediately around it*

((OOC. Detect Magic dust. Any magic glows a visible blue in the affected area))

Lets see what we find...

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:03 pm

*from high above one who has been watching with interest decides it is time to act, whilst held aloft by wing of flame he enters a free fall from the point he enter visablity to the point he level off is pure second once he has levelled off he continues his descent much slower*

"Can we disspense with the usual greeting kriska, and what happened in nartulin?"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
an orc warrior/celabrant turned madari
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:14 pm

*Kriska looks at him. She does not smile.*

"A gift from Velnashar, he made his sword let off a huge amount of magic so much so that it blew up about a 10 mile radius, possibly more. It is contaminated with fire and shadow magic and no one is allowed to use magic in here because it just keeps on feeding the source so would you please mind dispelling your magic please? The only thing that managed to save the people was.... was..... The Traveller who paid with his life."

*The last spoken so quietly and with a pained expression on her face that the chocked up voice that was used was more noticable than ever.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 pm

*Nathaniel doesn't turn to look at Malfurion, instead keeps sprinkling his powder*

Afternoon. I was wondering when you'd show yourself. You've probably had a better view of all of this than anyone else. How bad does it look from above?

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:33 pm

"it is a shame he was a good man, kriska the wing seem to be drawing power from the fire in the area i do not understand but the spell should have ended several hours ago they seem to draw some minecual amount of energy from the air, the damage is extensive...."

*malfurion drops down to one knee sweat pours from his face and some of the die runs from his hair*

"...so the pain returns it is times like this i curse my senses"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
an orc warrior/celabrant turned madari
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 pm

*Kriska looks to Nathaniel, a frown on her face.*

"He was not the only one that flew here, I was carried here from Gwaria. I saw what it was like as well. I spent a day resting in a cave not far from here. I watched as you all ran away, all abandoning the area, all leaving collegues to remain where they are. I watched, I waited to see if any would return but it was only after I called a few that they returned. I have seen this through the eyes of too many people. I saw this entire event happen. I ... I ..... I can not wait any longer. I have to go back, I must find out what has happened."

*There is frustration and anger ringing in her voice.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Kriska, I abandoned nobody. I went with several who were dying, doing my best to save them. I believe I was making good progress when you called me back. However, my talents are little here, compared to what i might achieve in somewhere with decent equipment. I likely would have made far more progress had I gone back to Pathway with the others. Don't be so quick to judge.

As for You flying as well? Fair enough. However, I know Malfurion has learned a rare lesson. To pay attention. Whereas last I knew, you did not cope well with heights.

Return to “The Heartlands”