Approaching the gateway to Serki Kemi.

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Approaching the gateway to Serki Kemi.

Postby Gumboots » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:16 pm

*Kriska and Aratain had spent most of the last month making sure that all was in order with the nights of the Zodiac. It had been some time since they were last in the Heartlands but now they had returned, Kriska smiling at the signs of life starting to grow in the blackened planes yet still she could feel the deep heat under the earth. She looked to Aratain and smiled wearily at him. Neptune seemingly stepping in her sted behind them.*

"I don't want to go but I know I must, thank you for lending me these. I just hope that I do not need them or if I do that they will be effective. Why do I feel doomed?"
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

dainul

Re: Approaching the gateway to Serki Kemi.

Postby dainul » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:43 pm

As they travel, they come across the usual signs of adventurers' passing, bodies and signs of fighting abound. About half way from the swamp's edge to the portal site, they find one body laid out. A goblin who looks to have been hacked apart quite viciously, but was subsequently laid at peace, a pair of daggers beside him. At the portal, they find a small group of adventurers - Stompoy, Kallistan, Gorran Elwing, Adreanna and Leolei seem rather exhausted. Another body lies there as well, a human warrior who they may have known as Reith.

(React as you will to the bodies or not. Interact with the surviving players or not.)
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 pm

*As Kriska walks past the bodies she pray's to the celestial Dragon to guide their souls and then ask's Aratain to ignite their bodies so that they could not be raised. She then calls on the nature to help burry the bodies within the ground or for the wild animals to consume the courpses as quickly as they could. Once they pass the orc she rusts the blades so that the dust fades into the soil and decays the remainding parts. The orc is treated the same as the other corpses. Her mood was very low as they approached the gateway, as she saw who was there she looked from one to the other and then to the fallen person. Upon going over to him she kneels down beside him and speaks a quiet prayer over him. Making sure that he was comfortable she looks to Aratain with a look of remorse. She could not have done the journey any sooner as there was many things that needed to be finalised. She speaks to the others.*

"How many have gone through already? Was it a success?"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:16 pm

*As they reach the site of the portal Aratain notices the body of Reith. When Kriska turns to speak with the others gathered he kneels down over the body and after a few seconds speaks in hushed tones.*

"Reith I am sorry my craft cold not help you live. I offer you a choice. You can travel to the wastes and risk becoming a corrupted soul, used as a tool by those of evil intent capable of doing so, or you can live on after a fashion. If you so choose I will bring your soul into me and you can continue to make a difference. The choice is yours and I will honour it.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 pm

*Elwing looks up at Kriska, clearly preoccupied with her own thoughts, but answering quietly*
It was a success. Those who had chosen to go through the portal have done so, though the battles were fierce, as you will have seen from those who fell...
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:25 pm

*Kriska nods.*

"Does anyone need healing at the moment? I have done little magic. I am sorry that I could not journey with you."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 am

*Aratain stands up from the body and walks over to Kriska.*

"You should save you essence, you might need it on the other side. In fact here take some of mine, if people here need healing I can do it slower but with use of less essence."

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 pm

**As the day goes on, more and more people seem to enter through the portal, summoned by the power that is destiny, drawn to walk the path they dare not tread... or perhaps they just need the money...**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 am

*Each day Kriska refuses to go through because she did not feel it was time. She thought about it long and hard,was it fear or just that she knew the islands were not ready for her yet. The time for knowing who she is was running out of time. With each passing hour she became quieter until she would only speak when she was spoken to after several attempts to speak to her. It was after the fifth time Aratain had tried to get her attention that she stood up and looked at the gateway. She sighed and looked down to where Aratain was sitting.*

"Tomorrow I will go through, it is nearly time. Neptune is already there and he is just waiting for me to arrive. You take care of yourself, and remember I am only on the other side of this gateway somewhere in trouble. Just come though if you fear for me or the time comes for you to fulfill your promise to me."

*Lucy*

Dres

Postby Dres » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 am

A short figure bearing the symbol of the Dwarves on his tabard slowly makes his way to the group of adventurers near the portal. Pausing for a moment, he lifts back his hood to reveal the face of a skeleton beneath.

"Some of you here may already know me, the others may be alarmed at my appearance but fear not, I am here to bring honour to those who would follow Triundune and cause such turmoil in the land. Those who fought today, especially those who died for the cause, deserve the highest respect and I wish that I may, in time, redeem myself for not having arrived sooner. My intention is to enter Serki Kemi and join any who would opose the twisted corruption that grows there."

Pulling forward his hood, the figure continues to the portal and steps through.

Chee

Postby Chee » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 pm

Slow heavy footsteps annonce the appearance of a tall gentalman dressed in robes and well covered from the weather by his cloak. The weight of his foot steps is explained by the large sack upon his back that burdens him. His appearance is 'well-to-do' and he walks quietly towards the portal with a pleasent smile upon his face. Stopping before the portal and the surrounding adventures guarding the way he looks around gentally smiling at the people before him, untroubled by his surroundings.
His words are steady and carm in a deep, reasuring voice. "Good day my friends, I am Master Worthington, but you may call me Samual if you wish. Im glad to see the adventuring community doing such a fine job. I must say the trall of decaying bodys was some what of a give away that you fine foke had been through here. But one can't complain though, the portal is after all now avalible to us and I wont have you, my fine compainions, any other way.
Now, let us see if fate is any match for my magic. Glory and victory or certian death, I feel that fortune teller may have been exaderating when she said I would get both. Still, we shall see, I am not one to back down when destiny holds out a challange. Good day to you ladys and gentalmen. I hope this day fines you well."

He strides confidentally towards the portal with as little worry as if he was travelling through an open door.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:42 am

*Kriska was as ready as she ever was and took Aratain to one side slightly out of sight. Saying her farewells to Aratain she then walks back to the group. She seems a little more perky and looks the gateway up and down, taking a deep breath she walks through her voice fading as she goes.*

"May Celestial Dragon guide you this day. Good luck."

*Lucy*

Return to “The Heartlands”