Danahil: The Wilderness of the Heartlands (Clandestine)

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Danahil: The Wilderness of the Heartlands (Clandestine)

Postby Edd » Fri May 15, 2009 2:09 am

**He has not been alone like this for a long time. Running through the forests: dodging trees, vaulting fallen branches and weaving through the undergrowth, he feels a sense of Freedom he has not felt since he came down to this world from above. He pauses on top of a rise, taking in a deep breath. Still panting from his run, he looks around the surrounding wilderness, seeing the pink fog that surrounds him he tightens his face mask for the umpteenth time.

He consideres rising into the air to see this forest from above. But no...this is not what he used to do....forgetting his new powers, he reverted back to the mindset of the scout who first found the new Danahil. At first he thought that this mortal was to be a God, but during his ressurection he'd been shown otherwise. He closed his eyes, and started to run. Paying no attention to where he was going, he let himself run free, a faint green glow surrounding him.

He would find his Lord's Shrine. He would find Freedom's Bastion. No matter how long it took.

**The Guide**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: The Wilderness of the Heartlands

Postby Will » Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 am

**The pink of the air around him glistens with a haze of green, softening and dispelling. The radiation falls freely from the area around him and he sees that the path is left clear.

Visions swirl before his mind. Visions of an Elf, so familiar to the one rescued, God in mortal form? A dagger, a throat, blood...

Where was it that this Godling fell? Where was it that his blood blessed the earth?**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 15, 2009 2:36 pm

**As the pink mist seeps away, he removes his mask. He once again considers using the powers of his people to find the shrine, or even the will of the Fates. Instead, with a great force of will, he crouches low and reads the earth, tracking as he used to. He was looking for signs from long ago, form so so long ago. It would be impossible to anyone, bar his guild sire, but definately for him...however, something was driving him on, something wanted him to know the truth. Who did this? Who struck down Danahil? And where?

He was out in the wilderness for hours....days?...weeks? Time had no meaning here, no power. At this moment he was one with his Gods and himself. Freedom and Hope working with the Storm for one common goal...

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri May 15, 2009 2:45 pm

**The journey wears on.

Passing near Morne mountain he notes a trail of dead bodies leading towards Sinya Palurin. This doesn't matter.

Passing near Pathway, he is aware of the frenzied screams of Erathil and a buzzing pain in his head. This doesn't matter.

Passing near the Boltab Groves he notices their silvery glow repulsing the radiation. This doesn't matter.

Where else in the Heartlands contains significant history...?**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 15, 2009 3:26 pm

**His first port of call is Narturlin. As he searches the ground near the ruined city, memories flash through his mind: Threan and Velnashar, the mutating of the creatures, Bartholomew's sacrifice. He keeps focused on finding his Lord's Sacred Ground, pushing these other distracting thoughts from his mind.

He then went on to search near Eremine's Temple. He didn't think his God would set his shrine so near to anothers, but he may not have ahd a choice to where he was murdered. He hears a roaring in the distance, a name flashes through his thoughts
Fli but again, this was a distraction.

His search continues...

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri May 15, 2009 3:41 pm

**Still no success...

Where... where to go...? Who would know...**

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 15, 2009 7:08 pm

**He sits on a rock. Perfectly still. His eyes are closed, his mind focused. Green and Silver light surounds him, and blue lightning crackles throughout. He thinks back to those who knew his Lord, one in particular, now gone...

The knowing smile, the grin that may be mocking (he could never tell), the chainmail, the winged shield, the short curly hair. Quayle. He focuses on the convosations they had about Danahil, Freedom and the Resistance. How they conversed in Serke....wait....the Resistance. Danahil was the first of the resistance...but what was the resistance? It was before his time. The Resistance against Erathil...Erathil was based in Dvarni, so it may be near there...wait...where was it the resistance was based? Clandestine? Maybe....maybe....

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sat May 16, 2009 12:29 am

**The path before Aquilla seems to open up into a treetop village. It glistens with a dreamlike pristine quality. Shapes move from treetop to treetop, silvery and free.

Splattered down one tree is a long line of blood. It is a humble tree, dull even, but vines grow freely around it, springing out of the splatters of the blood.**

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm

**The Blue Elf walks towards the tree slowly, raising his hand out to touch it. Was this it? Was this where his Lord fell? Ignoring everyihtng else, his mind focus and yet unbound, he took another step closer. All that mattered right now was this tree, in this moment, he and his Lord were alone...his Mistress still watched over him, his faith in her unshakeable, but out of respect for the journey that Aquilla and Danahil had to embark on, she blessed them, and left them be for a short while....**

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed May 20, 2009 5:09 pm

**A figure steps from the tree, oh so familiar to Aquilla on two different levels. The smile, soft and warm rather than cold and mocking, tells him all he needs to know**

"Follower of Hope and Freedom, you have travelled far to reach here, the place where I fell preparing for war on Tyranny. What is it you seek my child?"

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 pm

**Aquilla falls to his knees before Danahil, and venerates himself as his Lord speaks. Once Danahil has questioned him, he rests back on his haunches, and speaks. A great many emotions swirl through him as he looks on the face of his God: fear; uncertainty; joy; Hope; panic; calmness...**

"My Lord, I wished to speak with you. Since Quayle has fallen, I had thought I was the last of your followers, yet to my joy I found others who have freedom in their hearts. However they are...I'm not sure what the word is...they are not what I expected. Quayle and I seemed to get along without trouble, despite my faith in Hope, and yet, with Vice....it seems that my faiths are adverse. He says he speaks for freedom, and as Kalist looked into his heart he saw your blessing, but from talking to him he seems to want revenge before freedom...and I don't know how to deal with that. And these concerns are true whether he is an undead or not...which obviously is an affront to both you and my Lady.

The other follower, Kythera I think he was called, has argued against the new law in the lands of Pathway. The outlawing of undead and daemons is something I agree with, for they are abherrant and bind souls into slavery. Yet he speaks out against this new law in the name of Freedom. I disagree with him, yet it seems that once again I am alienated from those who follow your path. Now both he and Vice are wanted by the law, another allegiance I have and a duty given to me. I feel as though I've taken so much on, so many duties and responsibilities, but I have always been me and it seems that Hope, Freedom and the Path have all found me...am I meant to balance all these things?

Secondly I would ask about my people. When I was last in my father's palace, I saw a green glow, which I now see as your blessing, which allowed me to speak with my true father for a brief second. I would ask for your aid in freeing my people, Lord, so that they may be rid of Velnashar's grasp. What must I do next to aid them?

Thirdly I would ask about Setema. The slave I freed from the shadow elves. It was what brought me back to you, yet it seems to have caused so much trouble and grief for so many people. I worry about if it was the right thing to do...of course I would always try and free anyone who was bound against their will, but it seems that everything I turned my hand to with her failed...now she is imprisoned and set against me...I seek your opinion on what I did wrong.

Finally my Lord, I would ask for your blessing. I have been speaking much with Kalist, and he has told me much of his mistress, My Lady's will. There is a position in her church of 'Shining One' - a defender of the faith, a fighter. I feel that I can hold this position, her champion, as it will aid in my people's Freedom, and in holding this place in the Church of Hope, it might bring your Word to more people. However, I will only start my dedication and turn my efforts to take on this position, should she ever offer it to me, with your consent. I would never turn away from you again, but if you wish it of me, I will not seek that path, for both of you are my Gods, and though I hold neither of you above the other, I hold you both in the highest esteem.
"

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 am

**Danahil smiles. It is warm, comforting, somehow... very real**

"My child... you are bound and shackled by the chains of doubt... I cannot tell you the paths you must follow, no one can but yourself. Only when we believe in the choices we make and make them are we ever truely free. You must make the decisions that your heart and instincts tell you are right, and allow others to do the same.

If you make the wrong choices, you will know, and then you will be able to rectify them... but we must be free to be wrong as well as perfect.

I will impart to you one piece of insight... your quest, your personal freedom and the freedom of your family and people... it is heading for an ultimate ending soon..."

**Stepping back into the tree, Danahil is wrapped in vines and dissapears. Aquilla's vision swims and swirls, before he suddenly opens his eyes to find himself in the middle of a clearing in the heartlands, the pink mist held mysteriously at bay...**

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 22, 2009 2:48 am

**Aquilla stays very still for some time, praying to both Hope and Danahil. He then looks to the sky, encants for a few seconds, then flashes into the sky...he had somewhere to go...**

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am

* A mouse beastman looks out from behind a tree with a puzzled expression, and looking up, spots Aquilla in the sky, just before he vanished as a flash of lightning. *

<Deevron>
Last edited by spsblue on Fri May 22, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri May 22, 2009 9:55 am

* Deevron shrugs and goes back to collecting firewood. *

<Deevron>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Return to “The Heartlands”