Erathils War Camp

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Erathils War Camp

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 am

In a tent outside the first of the three forts a Diamond Elf stands.

The tent held the symbol of Gerethenax, and had two high elf guards standing at the entrance.

Warryn surveyed the fort he had been ordered, or asked, to take. He didn't really know how to take a fort, he felt he would just walk in and see what happened.

Training in the morning... that wouldn't be fun.

Don't give up yet.

Shogos voice rang in his head, he'd forgotten he'd been hearing it again. He had placed it along with Onyx, the new inhabitant in his head, no longer bound in the shield. That half of his personality had offered to teach him the magic he felt blocked from... waryn wasn't sure if he'd accept.

The betrayer they had called him. Sir Dias was upset, he felt Warryn had offered that which was not his to offer. But they had gained a fort, one more than they would have had he not joined his brother. At least now his guild would not have did for nothing.

Don't give up yet.
Shogo still spoke, harsh tones getting more and more impatient.

The fort would be attacked soon, and he would be expected to walk at the front, probably to kill some people. He didn't care, it was war, no-one was to blame. Though, he knew hecouldn't fight the heroes. Certainly not ready for that.

Erathil would want to see him, probably about Warryn's proposition to rebuild Narturlin in the name of Gerethenax. Invite the Earth Elves back. Rebuild the church the way it was supposed to be... people respecting the earth. He missed his god. He didn't understand why he had lost favour. Politics and religion were seperate surely?

The horn sounded in the dark, time to attack. He hauled his empty shield on his arm, spear and sword at his side. Time to get it over with...

Don't give up yet.
Shogos tone was filled with worry this time.

Sleep now... find peace in the embrace of time...

*Warryn*
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Erathils War Camp

Postby Will » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:44 pm

**Swirling dark mist engulfs a corner as Feerian appears. His magic is clearly concealed**

"I don't have long Warryn... but I wanted to let you know... I agree with what you did. It saved lives."

**Remaining in the shadows but already tracing arcane symbols**

"If I can, I'll ensure that some form of peace is negotiated... but first I must rebuild the Sentinels. Let's face it... can't trust anyone else to be competent enough to do it..."

**He smirks and makes ready to complete his spell**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Thankyou. Negotiate all you like, I am not a diplomat. Just a sword now.

Warryn grinned an empty grin.

If you have to kill me. I'd understand. Goodbye Feerian.

He did not wait for the Drow-Wood Elf to leave, but began his slow march towards the forts. All would respect the Earth, and Gerethenax's name would be heard across Velmaneth.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

**A brief look of uncertainty and concern crossed Feerian's face, an unfamiliar expression, before he vanished from sight.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 pm

*A flapping of great wings fills the sky then silence. Nothing to be seen in the air but a lone unarmed life-elf wanders up to the camp looking a little bewildered and a lot nervous.*

"I'm looking for Warryn, saver of many lives".

*the elf looks around cautiously before calling out again*

"Warryn? Are you there, I bring you peace and goodwill from my master. I am unarmed and bear you no malice"

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 am

Before two high elves rush to arrest the creature they back down as they hear the booming footsteps behind them.

I'm here.The diamond elf stated, no hint of emotion in his voice.

Is it important? My brother wants the fort taken by tonight and people seem to always want to talk to me...

Secretly Warryn didn't mind, he had no persoal desire for war, but orders were orders.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

A little shocked at the rather unfriendly approach of the two high elves (this world is proving to be really very odd), the life elf tried to retain composure worthy of someone considerably braver than she felt. The high elves didn't seem to be particularly friendly and whilst she had not expected Warryn to grant her an audience, she had never come across someone that genuinely seemed to possess an aura that seemed so blank before. It was, she felt a little sad. Clearly Warryn and his brother worked together but she sensed there was more to it than mere brotherly politics.

An overwhelming urge to reach out an touch the mighty elf before her and tell him things would be ok seared through Celeste yet survival instinct deemed this probably not a good idea right now. She didn't even know this Warryn, he could be the betrayer she'd heard others speak of, he just didn't seem the sort. To her he was simply a being that had made a tough choice and lost friends through doing what was probably the right thing.

Stepping directly in front of Warryn and taking a deep breath Celeste began, knowing that every word mattered, any mistakes and she'd blow it.

"Warryn, greetings. My name is Celeste and I come from the Higher Misty Mountain region of Draconis Tielvar. My people have a peaceful existence but the dragons are dying , Slowly, painfully, their limbs cease to function until they finally succumb to illness and death. I'm happy to offer my services if I can offer anything of use and also give you a safe cavern in my homeland should you ever need a place within the earth so beautiful and calm it is nothing like the places I am seeing outside the isle. The great dragons are not elves but are not tyrants, they co-exist in relative peace.

You owe me nothing, I owe you nothing yet we both have a common interest in seemingly disliking the needless slaying of life and desecration of the fabric of this world. I am aware that you have a lot on, I am aware that you have new enemies to fight and new relationships to build. I am merely hoping that we can at least have an understanding between us that I shall remain loyal to assisting you in working out diplomatic relations within this world if you are happy to assist in restoring the isle and the dragons to full health when the time is possible".
Last edited by RDB on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Not bad considering she'd never had to deal with this kind of situation before. What should she do now? The options seemed to be either stand and hope Wartryn didn't take an instant dislike to her, arrest her and worse or take what was rapidly appearing a really good idea and running away. Fast. In any direction away from the high elves that had seemed intent on nothing but providing hopitality of the non-friendly kind.

This was a time a war. Warryn would be stressed. Celeste was sure she could help just not sure how.

Silently she spoke to her master "oh mighty dragon of meta, I promised you my life in service, please don't let it end just now".

Lifting her head Celeste faced the mighty Warryn. Did he realise how many lives he'd saved? Did he understand how important that made him? When all was apparently almost lost, he had found a way. Now he seemed alone amongst so many. Very odd.

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Warryns eyes narrowed at the elf.

Diplomacy isn't really my thing. I don't know if I can have leave from the war to help you. But I will talk to my brother... and see if I can get some time. If not, I an see if he can send some forces to your isle.

Warryn seemed a little distant.

If you wish to continue the discussions please wait in my tent, I have a fort to take. I will return after if I am still alive.

Warryn made a motion to leave, gesturing for the guards to stand down.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am

Celeste starts to breath again noting the lack of death inflicted upon her and the fact that Warryn hadn't actually said "no".

Thinking back to her brief, all she had been told by the dragonkin was that they had heard news of a mighty elf named Warryn who was unlike all other elves and whom according to some random hero blokes that had been overheard, was not a bad elf, helped save the world and had seemingly betrayed his colleagues but by doing so had saved them and many others and was now in the service of his rather less pleasant ugly brother.

Warryn didn't kill her. Yet. The idea of troops on the isle made her cringe, the idea however of Warryn helping was a good one. What is this war he speaks of. Surely if he saved lives then there should be no need for a war. It all seemed so wrong. Wondering if he wanted to be at war she wished she'd run after him and offered him safe refuge on the isle until the war was over but guessed he'd not leave anyway. It just seems illogical that he saves the world and then everyone fights.

Longing for the safety of her cavern, Celeste coniders her options. Wait in his tent and hope that he keeps his word and returns, if he lives, and then talk or as before, run away. Fast. Once again the latter seemed the most pleasant option, once again she knew it would be wrong. Damn this tupid world and it's fighting and squabbling.

Celeste had no other choice. She knows only of a group of heros, Warryn, Warryn's allegedly more unpleasant brother and the particularly dodgy looking guards. Taking a seat in the tent she resigned herself to waiting and hoping but couldn't help feeling she should be doing more to stop the war. Life is precious and should be protected but this was not a simple argument between dragonkin but thousands of creatures all intent on bringing death to each other. Shuddering she closed her eyes and imagined home. The warmth of the fire, the beauty of the landscape, the laughter of the dragonkin when drinking sweet nectar, the dragons. The dragons. Her beloved creatures of magnificent beauty and aweome power yet restrained by Onlurins binding of them to the isle. The dragons that were dying without the freedom to fly distances needed for exercise. The dragons that long for their mistress Eremine. Celeste would stay and wait as long as necessary.
Last edited by RDB on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chee

Postby Chee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 am

In the distance, a small group of riders on horseback can be seen approching from the north. They keep a very large distance to the War camp, and appear to be watching for skirmishers nearby. The group splits up as three of them move to pass the war camp at a safe distance and head for positions closer to the forts of Pathway while two more stay and cast their gaze towards the War camp. They seem to have no intent of getting any closer.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Warryn returned from the forts, he didn't look particularly tired or injured. Erathil had seen to that.

Erathils men now held them securely, or at least they believed they did. (ref call?)

He returned to his tent to find the life elf waiting. He beckoned for his guards to leave, he was not afraid of assassins and pulled up a chair next to the creature.

So, what was it that you wanted me to do? What was it you wanted to offer? and when do you want it all carried out?

The monotonous voice carried with it an aged apathy.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Luke wrote:Warryn returned from the forts, he didn't look particularly tired or injured. Erathil had seen to that.

Erathils men now held them securely, or at least they believed they did. (ref call?)

He returned to his tent to find the life elf waiting. He beckoned for his guards to leave, he was not afraid of assassins and pulled up a chair next to the creature.

So, what was it that you wanted me to do? What was it you wanted to offer? and when do you want it all carried out?

The monotonous voice carried with it an aged apathy.

<<Yup, I believe there was no resistance...>>

RDB
I'm Special!

Postby RDB » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Warryn returning took Celeste by suprise. She'd been sure he wouldn't die but assumed he'd have forgotten her or wouldn't care. It seemed the elf was, as she had been advised, different to all others. Still there was something not quite right.

"I am relived you return with your life preserved. Whilst you have been away I have thought and thought about this war. I understand that you are bound to your fate here by saving the lives of others but not why this has to be so? I place life above all else and preservation of life in all forms, this war everyone outside this tent speaks of goes against all I believe in. I have listened to the conversations of the elves around here and they speak only of wanting death of others and destroying the fabric of this world as they go without caring. Is this really what you want?

My master advised me before leaving me here that my work here is to assist where I can in return for seeking strong support from those capable of releasing the dragons of Dracos Tielvar from their binds set by Onlurin to prevent them leaving their isle. Those that remain alive are ailing, their wings weakened from the inability to travel great distances that they need. Their wish is to be returned to Eremine's service from whence they originated. Now that she has been returned, this is possible.

The island itself is relatively peaceful, where I come from in the Higher Misty Mountains, we have caverns enough to provide refuge for those wishing to flee war and destruction under the protection of the dragonkin and dragons themselves. Most creatures fear them which is not a bad thing right now.

As for what I can offer to help, I am unsure but I am neutral in this war. I wish no lives to be destroyed but this is unrealistic. The least I can do is to try to ensure that at least some are spared. The elves of other elements seem to have no gripe with life elves, the humans like us for our healing - I may be of help to negotiate? I am at least, prepared to try."

Callum

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

**on the horizon coming from the heartlands heading to the camp flaming wings can be seen a hooded figure in the centre**

Kazrazil
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Return to “The Heartlands”