Exhaustion

An in character discussion location for characters within the Heartlands.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Re: Exhaustion

Postby spsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

"Not immediately, I have some food supplies stashed an hour or so's quick hike north - we certainly shouldn't hang around here for much longer than that, patrols are random but frequent through these woods. You can have the last of this ration bar if you want."

That said, she stands up, still holding the sword one-handed, using a lot of strength - more than it seems her thin form could hold, and nonchantly rests it on her shoulder. She then passes a half-eaten flapjack-like oat bar out from a pouch under her tabard to Reith, and then produces and passes over a small water-skin.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Reith accepts the food but waves away the water skin. "Thank you. Water I managed to find." Once he's eaten, Reith pulls himself upright and half-walks, half-crawls out from under the tree. Straightening up, he rams the sword back through his belt and adjusts his shield. As he does so, two large, clawed hands tied securely to his belt with a strip of leather swing into view.

"Lead the way."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm

The clawed hands get a glance, then a smile, perhaps he was telling the truth after all. Without further delay, she sets off at a brisk walk northwards to her stash of supplies.
Last edited by spsblue on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Reith struggles a little to match pace with the woman, though he doesn't move too slowly now he's free of the chain. It's a shame to leave it behind, he reflects, given what it represents. But armour's not so important as Blood, after all.

Chee

Postby Chee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm

A haze in the sky far above the tree line turns into a distance figure floating in the sky, a pair of fiery wings on the back of his grey robes. He looks around then closes his eyes, muttering to himself as he casts another spell. Once finished, he looks at the tree line in the general direction of Reith and begins flying in that direction, calling as he does.

Reith! Reith! Can you hear me? Reith!

**Dreth’Kar**

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Reith turns to look around the area as he hears his name. It takes him a moment before he looks up and spots Kar flying towards him. He waits for Kar to come closer before replying. "Kar! Good to see you."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:56 pm

L'riam also turns, bringing her sword straight up to guard position before lowering it to a wary readiness as Reith greets the newcomer.

"Damn it. So much for stealth, now all the patrols in the area will be converging on our position."
"I guess we have a few minutes maximum before that patrol we just slipped by returns. You guys any good at fighting?"
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 am

Kar finds the pair under the tree line and lands next to Reith.

Reith. It is good to see you are alive. I was worried as I did not return to this realm as I had expected in the heartlands. Instead, the power of the 13 gates sent me to the place I died so I appeared in north Gweria and had to explain myself to the grey robes who thought me some undead imposter as they still believed me dead. I also had to spend some time retrieving my totem which somehow managed to end up on top of a mountain. Although I expect is was put there in reverence and not just randomly lost. Still... it is good to see you made it out. You look a little worse for wear. Are you alright? and whos your friend?..

**Dreath’Kar**

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 am

<Kar, with your sense power you are aware of several low level elf patrols converging on your position. They are making a reasonable amount of noise too, but unless you have heightened senses they can't be heard over your talking.>

" Talking time over, we need to move now. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:08 pm

"Kar, L'riam. Don't suppose you can do your teleport thing and get us somewhere safe? I'm not in the best state to pick a fight with a couple dozen elves right now."

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Humm... I sense something in the area. Ill take you word for it that their hostile. Lets go..
<<Snap Cast: Mass: Mass Teleport.>>

**Dreath’Kar**

Thread continues at Fort Drake.
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=4116

Return to “The Heartlands”