Royal University of Fikiawen Academics (RUFA)

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Royal University of Fikiawen Academics (RUFA)

Postby spsblue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:21 pm

High up amongst the mountains, the majestic Avain city of Fikiawe dominates a single plateau. Upon the highest peak sits the Royal Palace and closer to the city on the next highest peak stands the Observatory and the rest of the Royal University of Fikiawen Academics' campus.

In a small and dusty library a scholar busies himself with last minute preparations. For he is going on a long journey, to Pathway, to research for his postgraduate studies in Non-Avian Cultures and History, in the glory of his God, Yashamanar, the Studious.

There are many gaps in the known information about the wild people, commonly referred to as 'Heroes' who have recently been in discussions with the King and his advisers over the standardisation of Law across the continent. There are tales of many exotic races, of demon infected living peaceful and productive lives. Of those who would sacrifice themselves in an instant for the good of the world. There are also darker tales of unliving and of humans that shun all laws and work merely for the acquisition of money.

In his researches he has reason to link small groups of these to the world shaking events of a couple of years ago, shortly after the Roderian incident, when the world literally shook and many of the population took flight in alarm.

Kestrel adjusts his glasses on his beak and uncontentiously preens his hair again without noticing. Then he pulls together his selected collection of scrolls, slinging them on his back, dives from the balcony to his study several floors below.

Once in his study, he puts the last of his personal effects in his bag. Then he bids farewell to his supervisor and mentor, and catching the current Kestrel rises higher and higher above the mountains until he is a mere speck in the sky.

" Thank goodness. I thought we'd never get rid of him. Still he seems genuinely interested and if he comes back alive the information he has gathered will make an interesting new module next year. " sighs the supervisor, adjusting his eye-glass.

His colleague cocks his head sideways and looks at the old pigeon quizzically. " If, " he stresses the word ominously " he comes back alive. "

<Kestrel Updraft>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

spsblue

Re: Royal University of Fikiawen Academics (RUFA)

Postby spsblue » Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Ten months or so later, Kestrel does indeed return alive to the university.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed May 05, 2010 3:38 pm

About the same time, not too long after Kestral has landed, a young man with Serkainian clothes and little sparks of lightning shooting off his body runs quickly into the room, takess several looks around until he see's Kestral...then beams.

Kestral! Still alive then? Its been ages. Sorry about that, I was a bit dead fro a while...but Im back now, so its all ok!

The young man's nature is quite shifty, kind of like an air elf it seems. The little bolts of lightning shooting off him MIGHT have had something to do with that...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 pm

" You've been back to the Deep? or do you refer to the Hopewastes? "

Kestrel seems pleased, whether this is due to seeing the swordsman or the large manuscript he is carrying is hard to tell.

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed May 05, 2010 5:15 pm

The Hopewastes...I think. We kind of fell through the floor at one point...it was weird. We also ran into those "nice" demons from the Brockman isle...they werent any nicer than before though, so we ended up killing a lot of them. But three people I liked died! Oh, and apparently Kan Slaar had been fighting a war for a couple of years, preventing the Night of the Nearly Living Dead...

He went on for a little while like this, before stopping and asking:

--So how have you been? Found much?

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed May 05, 2010 6:37 pm

" Sounds interesting, we should have a discussion on how the Hopewastes differ from the Deep. It should fit in nicely around chapter 3. "

" I have found that I can get much more writing done if I don't join adventuring parties. Oh, and I met that sensible young woman who has been elected Haran of the Telefret - turns out she's a follower of Yashmanar too. I met her when she rescued him from being stranded in the mountains. "

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Galatine laughed at kestral's comment on parties and research but nodded in agreement.

A woman elected haran of the Telefret? Hmm...as far as I was aware, the Haran ruled all humans...is she suddenly our overlord?

he added this comment with some lightheartedness, but at close range, Kestral could feel from his ken-ki in the air that there was a touch of contempt for the "Haran"...A man with hands on fire in a kimono with a dragon on the back features in the thoughts, alogn with thoughts of the well...

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu May 06, 2010 8:06 am

" I believe the one known as The Haran is now known as The Emperor of the Human tribes. Each tribe as their own Haran, as it was originally meant to be. Do you know the Larkant General Uthred of Pathway? He's the Larkant representative. "

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm

The swordsman scraatched his head throughtfully...his hair stood up as he did so, but he didnt seem to notice

I may know of him, certainly. Well, good to know they have a leader now...hopefully he wont let his pride get in the way like other Larkants I have happened to come acros in the past.

Of course, it had been a long time since the young man wore the Larkant tabards, and even longer since he had named himself one of those people...From the feelings that hung in the air from his ki, it was possible he had even forgotten what tribe he was technically part of...

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 pm

**About the same time Hope faded back to her original place in the newly restored realm of faith, The Swordsman makes his leave to return back to the world. He slips away, quietly, his ken-ki drawn within him making him almost non-existant to those around him. Ever adventerous and perhaps a little daring, he finds his own way down from Fikiawe on his own, as usual, not really caring too much if he died doing this. A note is left for Kestral, and any others who might want to contact him:**

Will probably be in Sinya Palurin, just outside of Pathway. If you need me, you will probably find me in the forests.

The Swordsman.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”