Arriving in Nandine

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Arriving in Nandine

Postby dainul » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Tristain keeps his head down and his hood up as he enters the city. He moves quickly, picking directions at random, trying not to jump at every confused or suspicious look. After about half an hour, he finally stops, leaning against one of the many smaller trees that dot the city. For a long while, he stands there, stock still, desparately trying to think through the fear. Eventually he comes to a decision, pushes back his hood and pushes himself away from the tree.

Another half hour later, Tristain arrives in what would be a square in a more traditional city, but here would be better described as a clearing. His tattoo had been drawing a great deal of attention from the locals, and it was taking a great deal of mental energy to constantly remind himself that he was going to attract attention here, and not everyone who turned to watch him pass was a damned Order spy. Acting as paranoid as he was would only attract more attention, too.

Tjus engaged in his own thoughts, he barely notices the crier hawking the latest news, and has to wait for the man to repeat himself again before he gets the gist of what is going on. A new Haran. The name meant nothing to Tristain, but then he'd certainly not voted for the previous bugger either. Perhaps he might tag along to this promised gathering in due course. First, though, he had more pressing needs. Food, for starters.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Breccan

Re: Arriving in Nandine

Postby Breccan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44 pm

OOC - what Teyaspa did while saga was happening, now I've read the world plot. Ideally he would've started back for Nandine as soon as the mists vanished. Unless travelling with magical means, no refugees in the west would've arrived before him on foot, so anyone capable of racing a ranger through the woodlands or coming from elsewhere can be in the city before him if they like :)

*Teyaspa arrives with a force of Rangers, re-occupying the city as fast as he could after the mists disappeared. Speaking to his captains he immediatly dispatches most of the troops into the surrounding area to make sure nothing is moving in on his capitol and to ensure the roads are safe, leaving a small number of his troops to patrol the perimeter of the city. Messengers are sent back to the refugees that all is safe to return, and that the Haran's troops are securing the roads. A last patrol takes off in the direction of Pathway to discover the fate of those holed up in Fort Drake. Teyaspa then walks a while, enjoying the silence of the empty city, the presence of woodland creatures filling the groves now they are empty of humans and sad that it wouldn't last.*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 am

*Shortly after he arrives back, a note is delivered by one of the Everni*

"My people are watching the borders. I am detained on critical business, but will be back soon.

Nathaniel"

*The messenger doesn't seem to be expecting a reply, and is already walking away*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Everni and refugees from Pathway, as well as the various traders and members of other races that have been in Nandine over the past few years begin to return. Some move as families, some in ones or twos, sometimes large groups. As they approach the city Teyaspa is ready to welcome them with a kind word, with water from casks piled nearby, with twice baked bread preserved and stored over the last few weeks for this sort of eventuality. Guards are on hand to help those in need, and to assist with various burdens.

In between arrivals Teyaspa leans back against a tree, rubbing his eyes. It feels like he's been awake for days, and it should be another day yet before most of his people return, but he refuses to leave his post despite the concern of several of his rangers.

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm

From behind one of the nearby trees can be heard a soft rustling, growing louder as if moving closer. Then from the lengthing shadows appears a large brown feline, fresh blood smeared around her mouth. She pauses, sniffs the air, and smiles, before stalking up to Teyaspa to sniff his hands and clothes.

"It is good to see you. Do you know why the pink mist has vanished?"

She sits down to lick the blood from her face, curled up near to Teyaspa incase he wishes to sniff her in greeting too.

*Haze*
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:20 pm

"Haze! Where in the world have you been? I've had scouts looking for you for half a year!"

*Teyaspa leaps to his feet, tiredness momentarily forgotten*

"I have no idea what happened to the mists, but shortly after they vanished I got word that the Emperor of the Humans was leading an army against Pathway. I've been thinking about leading some of my scouts there to see what is going on."

*He looks down the road, and seeing no more wagons or people coming he motions one of his guards over.*

"Move the supplies back to the storage pits, then serve the remainder of your watch on the gates. Most people should be back by now."

*He turns back to Haze*

"Much has changed since I last saw you. The old Haran of the humans has declared himself the Emperor of humanity, and the tribes elected their own Harans. I am now Haran of my tribe, and this city is Nandine where many of them live. Would you like to see it? It is very different from Pathway."

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Haze pauses from her face washing, secretly pleased at such a warm welcome. "That explains why I've had to spend so much time avoiding humans and covering my tracks. I didn't know the scouts were your kin."
She continues to lick her clawed hands, carefully listening to the rest of Teyaspa's words with a familiar suspicious frown.
"So the word Haran means Alpha? And you are now Alpha of your kin? What does Emperor mean?"
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:48 pm

"As far as I know, he names himself Alpha of the other Alphas. I have not yet met him, so I do not know for sure. That is part of why I wish to go to Pathway."

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 pm

"You mean he claims he is your Alpha?" Haze hisses fiercely. "That is bad. You should find him and fight him. Then he will think twice before insulting you."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

*Teyaspa grins openly* "Me, fight the Emperor? There are few ways I could win that fight. And I may not have to, as I said I have never met the man. Perhaps he just wants to protect humans, rather than rule them, I do not know.

"Anyway, enough of my troubles. How do you like my homeland? Are the forests not beautiful? You can travel for days and not see another person. Come and see the City of my people. You won't like it, and I would prefer to live wild in the woods, but compare it to Pathway and it is paradise itself."

*Teyaspa gestures toward the entrance to the city*

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 pm

For a moment Haze continues to lick her fur clear, appearing to have not heard Teyaspa. Then she rises.

"I will see your city if you wish to show it to me. You must show me the places I can hunt anyway. Why do your kin live in a city? Your forests are healthy and vast enough that they do not need to."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

"You may hunt anywhere you like outside of the city. And many of my tribe do not live in the city. Some live there to trade with the outside world. It suits me to stay there for now so anyone who wishes to find me know where I am. When I tire of it I will move on."

*Teyaspa moves toward the entrance of the city.*

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Seeing no need to speak, Haze stalks after him.
Characters:

Return to “Sinya Palurin”