Finding Hope in the darkest times

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Finding Hope in the darkest times

Postby Blue mage » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:49 pm

A young man in typical serkainian clothes runs through the forests at speed. As he runs, he has his left hand over his heart, clutching a symbol of Hope the Shining One had given him. He does not slow down, even as he stumbles over rocks or gets cut by thorns and branches. He doesnt even find the time to stop for breath. All he knew since he had left the Monkey was: HOPE WAS ALMOST GONE.

He sprang over a fallen tree, leaping like a cat and landed with a sort of grace, pausing for just a second before running again at a faster speed than before. A small ledge was before him. He leapt over it and landed in a heap at the bottom. It took him a moment to regain his senses, but his sixth sense at the edge of his mind and reality (the one that was both a left over of something best left forgotten, and a creation of his own powers), nagged at him that he was closer now.

He used his sword to help him stand, his body bleeding in various places and probably a broken rib. He took a moment to gather himself and stimulate his healing process to restore the wounds. ((Regen)). When this was done, he stood and redoubled his pace. He ached but it was soothed somehow as he approached...

The Swordsman came into a meadow, the sunlight shining down beautifully on the place, illuminating the grass and spring flowers, making this place add to the beauty of the woman who sat in the centre.

The Swordsman smiled ever so slightly and walked a few steps in, cautiously.
You know, I suppose until now, I never thought Id see you. I suppose thats my fault really...Im bad at speaking to people and too shy to sing your praises. The most I can ever do is fight for what you stand for and bring Hope to all those who need it. He paused, remembering to breathe again and took a little time to fill his lungs. The woman was dressed all in white, making her shine in the sunlight. She had a warming smile of her face, not happy due to the circumstances, but Hopeful, as though waiting for a time to pass when the moment of sadness in the world would pass.

The Swordsman continued on, walking slowly and steadily forwards.
But even so...I tried hard to gain your attention. I wasnt ever a good follower I suppose because I could never find the words...and actions un-done cannot be counted for in times of Despair. He sighed If Aquilla or Kalist were here, I might stay at their backs and watch you, unworthy that I am. But as they are not and I know only one other who might act, but cannot...I will have to face up to you, my Lady.

He smiled again and stood a few paces from the woman. He then sat down and bowed to the floor before her, his forehead touching the soft grass beneath him.

Lady Hope, I come to you in this dark time to offer you what I can. Will you not tell me, foolish though I am, what I might do to ease you?
Last edited by Blue mage on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Phil.Priest

Re: Finding Hope in the darkest times

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Within the meadow particles of silver, blue and white whirl around divinity and her swordsman, after a time they begin to slow and form in to a dome not too far from them.

As the dome becomes solid and those viewing it can no longer see in to it the shell once more breaks up in to fragments of blue, white and silver, on the ground is a white and blue circle, curiously the grass can be seen through the circle. With a flash the pieces of power coalesce and Hope's Shining One and Emissary emerge hand in hand from the spiritual circle...

The realm of the dead behind them and their Lady-in-need before them, relief pours in to the four standing within the meadow, here stood three who would defend the Goddess beyond their final breath.

Moving forward the four embrace, Hope would endure.

We need to find a place to become our haven and offer it to the other fallen, they must be given hope that they will survive this... and we must also find your Dark Brother, my Mistress... he must be protected...

There is one place which has always welcomed us, and failing the hospitality of the Avains, the Sun God will no longer hold dominion over the Cloud Lit Realm.

Looking at Aquilla he grabs his arm and speaks swiftly...

You are not going to go and look for him to exact your revenge... Velmaneth needs the sun like Hope needs Despair. If his control over your father has waned enough we will try and aid him, but our Mistress comes first, that is why we are here... if we can aid your Lord Danahil too he may also be able to help your father...
We are still dead love... we can't get involved too much until we are able to return... but we will muddy the waters to bring Hope and Freedom where we can, whilst we can...

Galantine... you know what has been happening on this side recently... perhaps we should look for others and you can catch us up before we find safety...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 pm

The swordsman embraces the two dead(?) elves as they appear, relief sweeping over his face along with many other emotions. Their presance alone brought him a feeling of joy and Hope that he had not expected to find until the day he sheathed his sword for the last time.

He stayed just behind the two most powerful Hope followers as they speak to their Lady, head bowed and listening carefully, as everything said here might be important later. He heard words of palces he did not know, and his imagination started working, but he took care not to get too caught in his own head. He often got lost in there, and now was not the time for it.

When addressed by Kalist, he rose and bowed his head again, before straightening up.
Kalist, Aquilla...I am afraid I know not that which caused this to happen. Our Lady is before us, yet I do not know what caused Her to remain trapped here. What I know is that this happened not long before to Gerethenax...although this is very different... And I dont know if any other Gods were affected by this. he looked quite worried and a little shaky, as he had in the Hopewastes. Around his body, bits of electricity sparked off, harmlessly into the ground, but often and excitedly.

He went on: All here are people I learnt from...people I fight for, and all of you are those who I believe in. My powers are yours to weild, I shall do all I can for Lady Hope and those that follow her guidance.

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm

You don't ha... you shouldn't walk in our shadows Galantine. There are those who bring Hope to others very openly, some like yourself find it easier to cut away the death and darkness which is Despair... bringing Hope to this world in other ways.

Perhaps whilst we are here, Aquilla, you could teach him of the Dawn.
As the Emissary speaks he draws the swordsman to walk in line with the other three. Suddenly slowing his pace.

The Stormlord and his Mistress both notice and keep him walking, watching as he withdraws to think. Hope's hand stretches out, her fingers intertwining with her Angels so easily, encouraging him to speak...

Perhaps we should find the other High Priests... no doubt they are searching, and have found, their Liege Lords and Ladies... but how many of them will have the strength to protect themselves... lets see...

Lycan... The Hunter...
Doleran... Firin...
Quayle... Danahil...
Dreth'Kar... Eremine...

There are so many Gods without their voices upon the world... or many that do not have known voices...
[i]coming to a complete standstill and bringing the others with him his eyes widen... The Golem...

We need to get to Pathway and find the Sentinel's. Three known High Priests are within their ranks... and all are friends... we are going to need them...
Lazar, God of Darkness

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:10 pm

The swordsman akwardly falls in line beside the others at Kalist's urging, with the expression of shyness and slight fear of steppiung into a position he is not used to as a child might be. But he does as his High Priest urges obediently, the happiness at being in the presence of his Lady and her most devoted followers still burning in his heart. The eyes of his Lady makes him nervous at first, and he blushes a little from sheer embarresment. Soon though, he calms down and accepts the place he has been given among the three others and smiles a little.

When Kalist mentions "The Dawn", his eyebrows raise and he looks at the Storm elf, his mentor as such, and his expression speaks for him: "What is this?"

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 am

Aquilla's senses have been on high alert the minute he phased into the real world. Under the sky he felt his power beginning to return to him. He bows low to his Mistress, but then takes on his role of Shinning One - Hope's blade - keeping his eyes and ears open for any form of attack. As Kalist mentions Velnashar, lightning cackles around the Storm Elf, and the sky instantly clouds over, thunder rumbling. After a few seconds of barely controlled rage that lasts a lifetime, Aquilla sighs, the storm above him dispersing.

"You...you're right. If we can though, we must find Danahil. I am sworn to both my patrons equally, and while I am Shinning One, I will still bring Freedom."

He seems comforted by Kalist's words though, and turns to the Swordsman, smiling with genuine joy.

"It is good to see you Galatine, and Kalist is right, you should walk with us."

At the mention of the Dawn, Aquilla smiles.

"Into the Light, the goodly are welcomed. With the Light, the darkness is banished... This is the motto of the Bright Dawn. We strike down the darkness with our Lady's Radient Light. You would be a wonderful addition to our ranks, and I'd be happy to accept you. Though it may not be to your liking...any who are dark of heart are not to be trusted. If they take one step out of line, then they must meet the full force of the Light..."

Aquilla looks into the Swordsman's eyes. Knowing of his demonic past, the sword...his affiliations with Dreith. Would he be able to put the Light first....? He tore his gaze away, back to looking into the surrounding area, scanning for enemies. Now was the time to protect his Lady, and Hopefully, his Lord.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 am

The things Aquilla says spark some interest in the young man, his eyes glinting with a light behind them that gave away his eagerness.
Even so...could he do it? Should he do it? Though he didnt like it, ONE. LITTLE. BIT. It didnt change that darkness had to exist so that the light could be...and surely not all shadows were evil, just as all lights were not good...
He sighed, thinking this over to himself.
Aquilla...how far does this motto get carried? I would like nothing more than to be a part of something you formed for our Lady, but...some of my powers... he held out an arm and filled it with the crackling energy, shooting the lightning down his arm, might not be best suited. Does this code mean that we forsake those born of shadow, completely?

He sighed again and rubed his head.
I want to be a part of this order...very very much. But the question is not do I want to be a part of it but do YOU, my friend, think I could be? he looked Aquilla dead in the eyes very seriously. The effect and expression made the 16 year old appear much older than he was.

Not waiting for an answer right away, he touched the elf on his shoulder affectionately, and smiled, becoming his usual self once more.
Go to your Lord. You cant chase two rabbits and expect to have either...Go. Kalist and I shall wait upon our Lady.

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Aquilla smiles at Galatine.

"My friend, your hesitance to do yourself credit shows how worthy you are of a place in the Bright Dawn. However, it is a difficult path. We do not strike out at those heroes who have dark powers...at least, not straight away. Sometimes fire must be fought with fire. If they show signs of betrayal, I will not hesitate. There is darkness in many people, and we do our best to shine a light on all people. Many people welcome it, and those that reject it burn in its brilliance.

Yes, I think you could and should join this order. When we return to death, you will be our living counterpart. However, you should only join if you want to, and if you would be willing to do what needs to be done.
"

Aquilla turns to Kalist.

"Galatine is right. I must to Danahil's side now that our Lady has your protection."

With that he nods to Kalist and Galatine. He takes Hope's hand and kisses it, kneeling. Then runs out, into the forest...

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:39 pm

As Aquilla makes his way into the forest, moving with agility through the tangle of the forest, he can hear a great crashing coming in the opposite direction.

Marcus, having set off jogging the moment he realised Hope was mortal, had run for 2 days and nights without rest, kept up only by his unwavering faith (and his ability to reinvigorate his tired muscles using Serkanian techniques taught to him by his mentor, the old monk).

Marcus crashes into the path in front of Aquilla, looking more haggard than he had done in his life. As his gaze rises to meet the Shining One, Marucs' eyes open wide in disbelief.

"Aquilla? Can it be you? Yet you are dead ..." Marcus swiftly adopts the ready pose, hammer held high, to engage what may well be some devilish trickery sent by Despair to taunt him ...

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:47 pm

((Tbh, if i heard a great crashing, I'd have walked on air, blinked up, and when I saw it wasn't a threat, carried on, hopefully out of sight etc.))

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 am

The trio leave the glade moving quickly towards Pathway to find the Sentinels...
Lazar, God of Darkness

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am

A lot of time passes...the Gods restored, the world still in a time of trouble with so many deaths. There is much Despair in the world...the God himself probably relishes in this fact.

But in the glade, light still shines down. Everything is as it was when the Hope followers had last been here.
The swordsman reappears. His clothes are tattered at the edges, he looks worn out from travel. His eyes however, shine with a powerful light. Determination. Hope. Where he walks, a little light dances around under his skin, earthing itself for a moment before vanishing.

He comes to the glade, the place where Hope had sat herself and collapses there, tired. He felt safer here...not that he felt that anything was after him. As far as anyone cared, Galatine was dead. A new man had appeared tot ake his place, and hence, he had no enemies. Still...this place was comforting. It felt like returning home after a long journey. He wanted to sleep, but could not. Not yet. Nightmares plagued him still. Generally, it involved a very messy and horrible death. Usually his at the hands of a dark figure. Or himself, bathed in blood, killing those around him.
He tried not to think about it.

Here though, the light was so warm and the earth and plants so soft...his mind started to drift away. Marcus, Aquilla and kalist...they were gone now. Was he alone? He hoped not. But if so, what now? Could he convert others? he had never been good at talking. Heroic speeches didnt suit him. He was too shy by nature. But still...something had to be done...
He felt some frustration, he was alone, he had no idea where to start, where was safe or where he had allies right now with so many dying. He curled up into a ball for warmth and to feel a bit safer...

He fell asleep...

Return to “Sinya Palurin”