Return to the mainland

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Return to the mainland

Postby dainul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:39 pm

In a tavern so close to the shore it's almost falling into the sea, two newcomers sit, far from the warmth of the roaring fire. One is a human, dressed in tattered clothes, quite nondescript apart from his eyes, blue-green eyes which seem to change colour as he speaks. The other is clearly an elf, although the landlord isn't sure whether it's a water elf or a winter elf, and given the wildly different reputations the two races have, he watches the pair carefully for now.

The pair are in conversation, though the elf seems to be doing most of the talking, his quiet low voice just on the edge of hearing from the bar, but not loud enough to pick out the words.. The human seems content to interject here and there, usually with exclamations of disbelief or shock which make little sense without hearing the elf's words.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Blue mage

Re: Return to the mainland

Postby Blue mage » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

A water elf, dressed entirely in blue (rather typically) and of strange appearance (someone commented later about the female blue elf, another of the young blue man...) wanders into the bar and wanders over to the two newcomers, sitting down with a coolness that almost suggests they might have been expected. This was probably not the case, but it never helped to make it look so.

The elf pushed the dripping hair aside, its clothes soaked and the familiar scent of sea-salt coating their body. Propping a staff to one side, the elf nodded their head in greeting to the two, the water/winter elf was given a look of caution but a sort of grim knowledge appeared behind the sea blue eyes, whilst the human is given a deeper nod, implying great respect. The sadness behind the eyes aimed at the human seems to show the elf may have known the human form long ago...a very old friend who has been away on a long journey, perhaps...?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 pm

The elf is on his guard the moment someone else approaches, and he begins to draw forth a spell to his hands and lips when the human places a hand on his shoulder.

"Relax, he is no foe."

Tutain allows his magic to dissipate but still regards the newcomer warily. "Who are you?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 pm

The elf nods lightly.
My name is Vanathannun...Vana for short. I am a mage of the water elf people. I am no threat to either of you.

They say little more but sweep their hair back behind the elvish ears and finishes playing with the wet hair. Vana simply waits to be asked further questions, inevitably.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Tutain pauses a moment as he decides whether to ask the next question. Knowing the answer that would come, he asks anyway, to be certain. "Why are you here?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Vana looks into the other elfs eyes, deep and penetrating with the sea blue gaze.
Presumably...the same reason you are here. That which was lost has been found, after all.

Making no further unneccesary comments, the adrogynous water elf waited for any further questions.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 pm

"Indeed." Tutain glances back at the human sitting between them. He still has no real desire to worship this fallen god, but additional allies may be useful. "Tutain," he finally introduces himself. "Formerly a mage in Erathil's armies. Now... something of a free agent. Tell me, have you heard of something called the Heart of Winter?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 pm

A slight growl escapes the water elf at the mention of Erathil, but the subject is not pursued, probably being as innapropriate as it is old by now for Vana.
I too am a mage...of high caliber, so to speak. And yes...I know the Heart of Winter. I had some interest in it a while ago, but it faded out of existance to all reliable sources a little while ago.

Vana gently taps the table with his fingers, not impatient, but for lack of something else to do. The rythem is constant and not very fast paced, making a slow sort of tune.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Tutain looks a little surprised at the reaction, then nods. "Few have heard of it, fewer know what it does. I didn't and I was tasked with guarding the thing." He sits back. "But perhaps that discussion can wait until we're in less expansive company." He pauses a little while longer before speaking once more. "I must admit, I had not expected to be doing this but alone." A glance to the fallen go sitting across the table from him and he continues on. "Most have forgotten this current."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 pm

A flickering smile, a touch ironic, flashes across Vana's face.
Then you'd have more idea than I. The most reliable source told me "Dont hit it", but its actual purpose is one I do not know...it is a source of power of some form, THAT is what peaked my interest.

Vana nods again to talking in private, prefering the quiet over the loudness of the bar.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Tutain nods, then stands. "Then let's go somewhere else." Tutain leads the way out of the bar, and along the shore a ways. Once out of the bounds of the village itself, he stops, and turns to the others.

"So, shall we discuss the Heart first or our companion's condition?"

"Let us discuss your quest first, it aligns with my interests too." The fallen god replies, and Tutain nods before turning back to Vana.

"The Heart is a source of power, but not magical power. Its bearer can issue orders through it which any Winter Elf is compelled to obey. Erathil used it to enslave us without our even realising it. I'm not entirely sure what the sequence was, whether it was created to control the Winter Elves, or whether it created the Winter Elves from Water Elves. I know that I was one of the first born, but I don't know whether I was created a Water elf or a Winter elf. My memories are as confused as my current race." Under the starlight and moonlight, Vena can notice Tutain is looking more clearly like a Water Elf than he was when Vana first saw him.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Vana pauses for thought, years of wisdom summoning up answers and thoughts held prior. Eventually, Vana speaks.

I...am also one of the first born. Though my mind is...clearer. I do not know much about the Heart, and maybe it is a source of the Winter elves original power...I know not. I do recall the day Levelas was struck down though...and those of us who saw it...some changed. We grew bitter and colder...some more so than others. Maybe the Heart had something to do with it, maybe it was formed that day...but there are many tales about the Winter elves, some say they came on the day of Levelas defeat, some say they were always there and now this idea is put forth... I confess, I do not know the answer to the origins of Winter elves, but I do recall some of us coming about a change, as I said before. You are strange to me, being both yet neither...the first time I have seen such a thing. It is both haunting and strangely beautiful.

Vana falls quiet, still thinking, even as they spoke.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm

"I was a Winter Elf, but when I was tasked with guarding the Heart, my curiosity led me to investigate it, so I would better know what it was I was guarding. The result was a sliver of the Heart breaking off and melting into my hand, freeing me from it, and somewhat thawing me. Since I've fluctuated between the two, and my memories are a blurred mix of a Water and Winter elf."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Vana smiled again, in a slightly curious, but honest way.
That is interesting...and...very impressive too. The Heart is far more interesting than I might have hoped...

The water elf thinks for a second.
By fluctuating between the two...what are your memories like, exactly?

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 pm

"I have memories of being a Winter Elf soldier and a water elf spellcaster, but I can't remember what order they fit together in, or even if the water elf memories aren't imagined."

Return to “Sinya Palurin”