Aboard the refugee ship

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sonny

Aboard the refugee ship

Postby Sonny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 pm

The last thing Hardes could remember was the sight of the demonic blades coming his way, unable to parry in time as he felt the cold steel rip into his flesh, feeling the life drain out of him as everything started to go dark as he collapsed onto the floor. Thinking for sure he had gone to see his maker as he went numb there on the ground as the Isle of the Giver of Life turned to chaos around him with those brave foreign adventurers battling on.

In the darkness he started to feel again, first the strange sensation of rocking from side to side softly, unable to move or act as his body swayed, slowly starting to hear unfamiliar voices and see a faint light through his eye lids, thinking surely this was his time until a large cold spray of salty sea water splashed down over his body causing him to gasp in surprise and open his eyes. Taking a few moments to adjust to the light, to his surprise instead of the pearly gates of the after life he seemed to be looking up at the clouded sky, seeing a massive tree like structure reaching skywards with great sails hanging from it caught in the breeze.

Still hearing the voices around him Hardes tried to sit upright to see where he was and who was around, starting to lean up he was faulted by a sharp unbearable pain across his chest and throat where the blades had torn into his body, yelling out in pain as he fell back onto the wooden surface of where ever he was, panting deeply as he starred skywards groaning as he felt the burning around his bandaged wounds, trying to look around as best he could without moving his body.

((Hardes Volourius))
Last edited by Sonny on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

spsblue

Re: Aboard the refugee ship

Postby spsblue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

" Hold still, now sunrise has finally arrived I can finish healing you up. Won't be long now. "

A white haired and white toga-ed life elf is draped over the soldier's chest. From the elf's touch a healing warmth seeps through Hardes body, speeding his healing.

(Warming touch - 30 seconds per hit point - guess you have some limbs still damaged.)
<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Someone clad in white leans over Hardes as he gasps in pain. Clad in white, she has pointed ears and flowing silvery-white hair. Her face shows concern as she gently takes hold of his hand

"Don't try to move yet, you were badly wounded. I'm a healer" As she speaks, she checks his pulse and carefully examines his injuries.
<OC Discern Nature of Wounds>

*Ruilsara Moonheart*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:27 pm

(( 1/3 Hits on Head and Chest ))

Blinking a few more times as his eyes still getting used to the bright light in the sky, his mind slipping back to the afterlife as two elegant figures dressed all in white leaned over him, thinking for a moment these were his guides into the here-after. His eyes finally adjusting to being open again as he focused, remembering both these kind faces from the island, bringing back a couple of blinking memories of that battle.

Carefully rolling his head from side to side Hardes got a better look at his two tenders to each side of him, attempting the best smile he could in his current situation, relaxing at the touch of these two creatures, seeming to calm and rest his body as the burning in the wounds seems to die down slowly, allowing him to breath normally again*

“Th…thank you, both of you…. What happened to the Island? Are the Villages ok… Di. Did we get them out in time?

((Hardes Volourius))
Last edited by Sonny on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

" The villages are pretty much gone. We managed to rescue several villagers - though not everyone. I saw some were able to leave in fishing boats. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 pm

"We wouldn't leave them there with all those demons" Ruilsara shudders involuntarily as she recalls the demon that crawled into her mind and controlled her, and silently gives profound thanks that it was Doki, Sword of the Celestial Emperor, that the demon tried to force her to wield. She needs to thank Doki for saving her from the demon's clutches. Right now though, there is healing to do

"I promise we rescued everyone we found" Ruilsara bites her lip as she recalls the terrible scenes on the island, "Well, we got the ones that were still alive. You can rest and heal now" Ruilsara gently squeezes the warrior's hand in a gesture of sympathy and reassurance. With her other hand she gestures towards the refugees on the boat. "We'll find somewhere safe when we get to the mainland."

Looking towards Fionan she adds "Nandine perhaps?"

*Ruilsara Moonheart*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 pm

" He'd be welcome there and it is about time we returned. I wonder if Zem has any pressing business or if he'll come with us."

Fionan looks uncertain and hopeful as he gets up after completing healing the soldier, then he hugs Rilla supportively.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:24 pm

*Sighing softly at the news, Hardes was at least glad they had managed to rescue some of the people of the Island, he always knew innocents died in times of war, as much as he tried to prevent it, but this was something different entirely, those demons having cut down and slaughtered them without provocation or mercy, giving it a brave face he smiled again and nodded back to his two carers, gently squeezing Rilla’s hand in return*
“I thank you again kind strangers, for all you have done, not just for myself, but for all theses who were unable to defend themselves… I just..”

*sighing again softly as he thinks of all his friends that were on the island, not to mention his family… and then how he fell in battle*
“if … if only I had been stronger so many innocents might not of had to lose their lives today… I guess I should be focusing on the positive that I’m still in once piece.. But these demon creatures.. Where did they come from and why… It was my job to protect them… and I failed

*slowly trying to sit up Hardes inspects himself, seeing his guards uniform in ruins, but happy to see his family shield and sword were still intact after all that had happened, stretching softly*
"I’m amazed how strangers to our isle risked so much to aid us, if there is anything I can do to help repay you all I am at your beck and call, Hardes is the name, Hardes Volourius, but after today I count you as more then just friends, so feel free to call me Des. So tell me what should I call my rescuers? And what is this Nandine you speak of? Your have to forgive me I’ve never been of our Island, this is all very new to me."

((Hardes Volourius))
Last edited by Sonny on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:13 pm

"Nandine is a large city built within a forest. Primarily human in population and exclusively human in governance." Zem had been walking over to see what Rilla and Fionan were talking about, and caught the last question. Away from the magical storm which had consumed the island, the sun is shining brightly, and Zem glitters in the morning light. "Welcome back to the land of the living."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm

" Morning, Zem, and it is a pleasure to meet you Hardes. I'm Fionan Druce - you can call me Fin, I'm a life elf. "

Fin then gestures to Zem and Rilla, " Would you like to introduct yourselves? or shall I introduce you? "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm

"My name is Ruilsara Moonheart, but my friends call me Rilla" She smiles, but then looks more serious. "Do you truly believe you failed, Des? If you tried with all you had to help people, then you didn't fail. Besides," she adds with a slight smile, "You have to let ME save some of them; it's My job too!" Her free hand is holding something that is attached to a chain around her neck, maybe a pendant

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm

*Looking over to smile at the new comer Hardes stares kindly, remembering vaguely the shine of his skin and the armour from before, reaching up and offering a hand to shake, pausing half way and winching in discomfort before lowering his arm back onto the deck*
"appologies Zem was it? Guess I'm still a little stiff after all that has happened, and to tell you the truth I thought I had passed into the next life, I have these two kind elves to thank."

*looking back to Fin and Rilla Hardes rotated his shoulder a few times before a rather laud click put it back into place, giving a releaved grin*
"muuuuuuch better, Fin, Zem, Rilla it truly is a pleasure to have crossed paths with you all. This Nandine sounds like a safe place, I hope the people can settle there.

*looking back over to Rilla , Hardes thought for a moment, looking back over the ship at some of the refugees that had made it onto the boat safely before turning back with a smile. *
"that's very kind of you to say, I would of gladly given my life to save them again, so I guess I did try my best. I just wish I was more like all of you, I saw how you battled thoses evil creatures, if I had only been stronger, I can still protect the people here to the best of my ability. It is nice to find others who care for thoses unable to defend themselves, too many soliders I knew were more interested in fighting, I only joined because I wanted to protect thoses who were put in harms way. I can't help but be curious about that pendent, is it your family crest, or sign of your god? If it's private I understand "

((Hardes Volourius))

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Zem laughs gently at Des' self-doubt. "Everyone drops eventually, even people made of diamond. Don't beat yourself up over it. You do the best you can and hope your allies can finish what you start."

"Nandine's as safe as anywhere these days. It'll be good to see it again."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Rilla smiles warmly back at 'Des. "I'm no fighter; I barely know which end of a sword goes into the enemy! I just try to do what I can, and that's what we all do. I heal people because that's what I know how to do. As for this," She moves her hand and holds out the pendant in her palm for 'Des to see. It is in the shape of a silver dragon.

"This is the emblem of my Lord, The Dragon of Life and Protector of Innocents. I have always wanted to help and protect others and thanks to a wandering priest of my Lord The Celestial Dragon, I found a way. I always knew I wanted to be a Healer though"

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 am

*hardes chuckles slighty at this, suprising himself about being in good spirit after all that had happened, deciding it was properly to do with the positive influence of the healing magic*
"arr very true we must all return to our maker one day, I won't be going quietly though, the spirit guides themselves will have to drag me kicking and screaming haha. Diamond for real? I have to admit all of you have very interesting skin, surely it can't be made of diamond Zem?

*still chuckleing at the idea of his ancestors trying to drag him to the afterlife he turned to inspect the pendent, very interested at the strange creature that was carved from the precious metal, softly squeezing Rillas hand he still had hold of before letting go and rubbing the bandages around his neck*
"I'd have to agree there, these hands are far too delicate for a solider, though this lord of yours sounds like a very good person, much like what I heard of the Giver of Life, and what an interesting emberlem he has, do these creatures really exist? It is a noble life indeed, tending to those who need , you should be proud of yourself being able to do good without the need for bloodshed. Are you all followers of this lord, I presume he is an elf as well?

((Hardes Volourius))

Return to “Sinya Palurin”