Aboard the refugee ship

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: Aboard the refugee ship

Postby dainul » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 am

"As best I can tell, I am diamond to the core. Of course, I've not had the opportunity to investigate that deeply. The how and why is a story of itself." Zem glances over the bow of the ship, looking for something, then back to Des.

"You truly have no knowledge of the Gods? They are the creators, beings of power beyond the ken of any mortal. It would probably be wise to learn at least something of them to avoid accidentally insulting their followers." Zem smiles and adds, "and to allow you to better deliberately insult their followers should you wish."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

Fin, has been quiet, listening in to the conversation. He helps Des up and moves to stand beside Zem, chuckling good-naturedly at his last comment.

" Indeed. The God are great beings and even when they were briefly mortal they still had an aura of quiet power about them. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

"Um, thank you" Rilla blushes slightly at Des' comment about her hands, but allows him to study the pendant. "It is my devotion to My Lord that is the reason I am able to heal you" she tells him earnestly, The gods reward those who are loyal to them by granting them powers, that is why I can use the magic of life and light, and it's why Zem is a diamond! He can heal too"

She pauses to think a moment before continuing, "The dragons do exist, truly. They are creatures of magic, like elves are. The dragons epitomize the different kinds of magic. The Celestial Dragon is both the Immortal Dragon of Life magic, and the Protector of Innocents"

Rilla looks happy at Des' praise of her, but answers seriously. "I never thought of it as noble, my father didn't even want me to be a healer. Anyway, Zem follows Gerethanax; he's the God of the Earth, but Zem can tell you about him better than I can. He looked human when we met him though"

*Rilla*
Last edited by BlueTressym on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Stepping out from the sleeping quarters comes Gii, carrying Doki Rinsei as always. The pair emanate an aura of power they didn't have when they went to bed, as if they have gained strength, and any attempts to wake earlier have been unsuccessful. Gii seems lost in a world of his own, and wanders over to the side of the boat, not far from Rilla, Zem, Fionan and Hardes. He mutters slightly to himself...

"...and it seems no time has passed at all...?"

Before violently throwing up over the edge of the rail due to sea sickness.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:06 pm

*groaning quite a bit when helped up by Fin, still being stiff from lying on the deck for all that time, staying happily on his behind for the time being, looking over at Zem and Fin, leaning back for a moment to enjoy a sudden cool breeze on his exposed flesh, breathing in the fresh salty air*
“diamond through and through…. Wow not that must come in handy, surely fascinating, once we are all safe I would love to hear about it over a tankard if you know a good tavern in Nadndine… I could use a good night in front of the fire to reflect on all that has happened and praise the fallen.”

*hearing the term god Hardes looked down quite embarrassed then back up to them all, rubbing the back of his head and playfully tapping it as a pretend punishment for not knowing, looking first at Zilla then back to the men*
“ooo apologises there, when you said lord I thought of a mortal creature much like our Giver of Life, mystical and powerful, but still of this world, I meant no insult there Zilla, I hope you can overlook my ignorance there. On my Isle there is really no established faith, there were always small groups with their own ideas, myself I always believed in something higher then mortals, just look at this world around you, such magi sty could not of just came about by accident. Id prefer not to insult anyone’s gods, but each to their own ideas eh?

*Looking around a few times Hardes grumbles a little before turning back to Fin*
“arrrg you didn’t happen to see what happened to my pouch? I could really do with some water right now….hang on did you say when they were mortal? So were the gods mortal and then advanced into godhood?

*looking back to Rilla and smiling slightly at her slightly more rosy cheeks, always having enjoyed making people smile , it made him happy to see he hadn’t lost his touch, nodding along to her words as he listened*
Then not only do I have to thank you for your healing, but this Dragon of yours as well, it must be wonderful knowing there is a being so much more mighty then ourselves who takes mercy and protects those weaker, he truly is great example to all, if it’s not too much burden when its suitable, maybe you could tell me more of this protector of the innocents, I would love to hear more and give thanks and praise for his help through you.

*laughing at Rilla’s comment about her father, Hardes picked up what was left of his tattered tabard and showed Rilla on the left shoulder the insignia of a large “V” covered in ivy, softly rubbing it with a thumb and looking sad for a moment before his silly grin returned*
“I know that story very well, if my family had their way I would of carried on the family trade and overseen our farming lands. We had a beautiful area of flat farm land to the southern coast of the isle, just by the tumbling cliffs and the rivers mouth. They raised me to ensure the land remained profitable and the farmers kept working. I was never one to order anyone about, and even less of a person to stand by and do nothing. So much to their disapproval I enlisted into the forces of the Giver of Life to try my best to stop so many innocents being hurt. Time and time again they tried to bring me back to the family estate, trying to reason with me and buy me off, though after few years they stopped trying, I did return from time to time to the estate, but I was never welcome in the house after that, they believed I was a lost cause. don’t get me wrong I still cared and loved my family, but I couldn’t sit idle while people worked the fields all day for my profit, its not right, each should be entitled to what they work for, not have someone else reaping all the rewards for their labour.”

*looking up as another slightly familiar face appears on deck, unable to help but smile slightly as he wonders over to the side of the ship, wondering if he had been on the ale all night*
“I guess I will be carrying the family name on, the least I can hope for is to re-write its history and bring it back into the light, ha you never know one day I might return home and start up the estate again, but this time share out all the profits to everyone, now wouldn’t that be a happy community, we could use the trade money to improve the villages, roads and make sure everyone is clothed and fed properly….”

*Hardes smiles, seeming to drift off slightly into a dream world as he imagined the lust estate reborn, its golden fields filled with smiles and strong citizens, all enjoying their labours in the knowledge it was all worth it, and him by their side aiding in the work. Blinking a few times as he came back to the real world*
“sorry lost myself for a second then, just remembering home and pondering what could have been… Rilla do you mean you met Zem before he was a diamond… or this Gerethanax of his?”

((Hardes Volourius))
Last edited by Sonny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Delighted that 'Des seems to want to hear more about the Celestial Dragon, Rilla smiles happily, "I'd be delighted to tell you anything you want to know" she tells him. "As for family, well it was much the same for me. My father was a Knight of Asternia; he wanted me to learn to fight, but I never wanted to go around striking people down, even if they deserve it. I know it has to be done" she adds hastily, in case anyone thought she was disparaging the role of warriors, "but it's just not what I wanted to do. I just wanted to stop people from getting hurt when I could, and help them to get better, to feel better; if I couldn't stop the hurt, I could at least ease it"

She sees Gii and Doki; upon witnessing that Gii is suffering from sickness, gets up. "I'll be right back!" she calls back to the others as she hurries over to Gii/Doki. "Here, try this" she says, and offers Gii some powder from her pouch, "It should help you feel better"

*Rilla*
Last edited by BlueTressym on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Fionan is gazing out at the sunrise, listening into the conversation between his friends and thanking the Gods that his friends are fine, and mourning those that didn't make it.

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Gii accepts the pouch from Rilla, trying to smile but it comes out as more of a grimace. Placing some of the powder under his tongue he seems to settle himself. After a few seconds he releases his iron grip on the rail and slightly more steadily makes his way over to the group, nodding his head to each in greeting.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 pm

As Gii begins to walk, Rilla steadies him, but also tugs slightly on his arm and murmurs quietly "Can, um, can I talk to you privately? When you're better I mean; I'm not going to bother you when you're ill." She lets go of his arm and raising her voice to its normal volume she turns more towards the others and adds "It's a bit more palatable if you put some in water and just drink it slowly"

*Rilla*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am

Fionan smiles as he sees Gii and Rilla move over to them. " Good morning Gii. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 am

Just as Rilla explains how to take the powder, Gii chokes slightly at the strength of the dose. He takes a swig from his bottle of water, taken from the depths of his Kimono. He smiles at Fionan.

"Morning"

The acute might notice that he stops next to Rilla, with the end of his scabbard brushing against her arm.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Sat propped against a part of the ship, eyes closed in sleep or quiet meditative though, a young man who...was not there before (perhaps got on at the last stop? Or, judging by the fact his clothes seem a bit heavy, maybe swam?) is sat with an ornate sword propped against his shoulder. The noticable things about him are a scar across the cheek and longish golden hair. he has a bundle sat on his lap that might be clothes...he is wearing nothing too recognizable, average clothes, but all is dark in colour. The bundle appears to be a kimono and a hakama...
From the tranquil look on his face, and the slight sound he makes, its likely he is, in fact, in a deep sleep. One without nightmares, this time...

--Kira--
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:27 am

*smiling as he watched Rilla rush over to her friend and start tending to him, both these elves reminding him of the teachings of the Giver of Life, delighted to see such kindness for others was spread across the world and not just the ravenous drive or the cruelty from the Leader of Men. Watching them all gather by the edge of the boat he couldn't make out more then a few mutters, but proberly being an outside matter he decided to leave them be, already having taken their time when they saved his life. Sitting there for a moment in contemplation he looked back at at the memories of his homeland, wondering what the outside was really like. Looking forward to hearing tales from these magical adventurers, their new ways and gods, all so new and fascinating it served as a very good distraction from the loss he was trying to put to the back of his mind.

Remembering his parched throat he looked around for his pouch again, spying it was what he had been resting his head on earlier, grinning to himself as he pulled it over, fetching out his water skin and enjoying a good helping of the now rather warm, but still refreshing spring water. Next taking out the loaf of White weat bread he had left from yesterday, breaking off a piece of the soft loaf, though only taking a few bites before noticing a couple of children sitting in the shade looking at the loaf. Smiling towards them he started to break the loaf into smaller parts.*
"come on then you lot, there's enough to go around"

*watching as the first young lad nerviously came over, offering a small hand full to the child and smiling as he tucked in, looking over his shoulder as the kid waves to his friends, all 6 of them coming over to sit around Des as he handed out all the bread evenly between the little hands.*
"there you go little ones, eat it slowly then you will be able to enjoy it's taste ... Haha or not"

*grinning as he saw the kids quickly gobberling up their portions of bread, thinking how bad he used to be at that age*

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Return to “Sinya Palurin”