Fighting back the darkness, a room in the Arcane University

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Fighting back the darkness, a room in the Arcane University

Postby Edd » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:11 pm

After another night of debates with Ishmael about the nature of religion, Gods and magic in general, Gii was exhausted. He'd be lecturing on life magic and the intricate differences between a cure disease and a cure poison spell during the day, and spent all of his free time pouring over the new tomes the constantly came streaming in, hoping to find something that would help the group with regards to Lady Time.

At first he didn't notice anything unusual, he was so tired that it didn't occur to him that this wasn't a natural drowsiness, because for the first time in a while he felt at peace. He realised fairly suddenly that it wasn't peace, but the lack of a presence that he had become all too used to. His hand flew to his side as his eyes widened in panic. The familiar pommel and saya were not there. He stumbled back into the main library, barely able to focus, as he saw the blade, resting at the side of a table - in his exhaustion he had failed to pick it up. His final thoughts before oblivion took him were of how silly it was to forget something that important, but maybe Ishmael would believe in the power of Gods now....

One of the aides in the library found him collapsed on the floor and, being warned as all staff had about his condition, frantically searched for his sword and handed it to him. By the time he was back in bed, blade in hand, and healer called to his side, his face had become drawn and gaunt, and foam frothed at his mouth.

The healer shook his head, a sombre expression on his face. "Whatever it is, it's getting worse. By the powers of life, flow through me and grant me insight to this one's ailment." (Diagnosis)

The healers mind reeled as he saw Gii's form cowering behing a shining samurai like being, wielding Gii's sword. The being was fighting back a horde of undead, that seemed intent on reaching the celebrant. The glowing figure, caught the healer's eye, and shouted over to him.

"You should not be here, it is not safe! Tell Ishmael and the others that it is the disease, it's progressing! I will try to hold it back, but do not come back here for it cannot be allowed to have any others!"

With that there was a flash of light, and the healer ran off down the corridors desperate to find the Kor Scholar or Principle herself.....
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Brave Sir Robin

Re: Fighting back the darkness, a room in the Arcane University

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Ishmael had retired to bed very soon after the end of his latest discussion with Gii, still adjusting to the different daily schedule of life at the university. The servant sent by Gii had quickly recruited a couple of others to find someone that might be able to help. The one sent to Ishmael's room could hear the distincitve sound of the desert-dwellers prodigious snore as he rushed up the stairs. He burst through the unlocked door and shook Ishmael awake.

Ishmael rushed through the halls of the University in his nightgown, blinking away the tiredness from his eyes. He screeches to a halt by the prone form of his friend, dropping to his knees and beginning to examine the condition of the celebrant. [DNOW, DS]
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

[DNOW - Not wounded.]
[DS - fluctuating, alsmot disappearing - not that its hitting zero, but almost like it fading out of existence completely.]

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 pm

"What do you know already?"

Ishmael asks the healer. The healer explains the spell he cast and the vision he saw. Ishmaels mind works frantically trying to think of a way to help his friend, the frustration at his inability is clear. But he doesn't let too much time pass before he at least attempts to do something.

"This probably won't do any good, this disease his not exactly like any other I've encountered, but it might buy you a little more time." Ishmael places his hands on his friends head. "Your life is strong, your body is strong, your mind is strong. By the power of my will I banish this disease... Cure Disease. Your mind is strong, let your mind have power over your body and hold back this disease... Slow Disease" Ishamel sighs, knowing how little he has accomplished.

After a brief pause Ishamel shifts his hands, taking one of Gii's in his. "Let my power and my will, strengthen your mind and your soul... Hearten 2. I don't know if that will help, but if you need anything else from me, you are welcome to take it. Our minds are one, our thoughts are one, our power is one... Share Power" Ishamel leaves the connection open, allowing Gii to take anything that he needs, and sits with his friend, awaiting any further development.
Ishmael Kor

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

The sword in Gii's hand shifts, almost on its own. As it makes contact with Ishmael, he is taken to the same place as the healer: the inside of Gii's mind. Great blasts of light fly from his form, destroying huge numbers of the undead, but still more come.

The slow disease spell makes some of the undead falter, their speed failing them. Doki fights with renewed ferocity as Ishmael lends his aid. The heartening spell places a protective glow around Gii's crouched and shaking form, and it seems this aid is helping....just.

Ishmael feels 6 power flow from him into the swordsman, who unleashes a blast of light from his blade with the essence. In the few moments respite, he turns to Ishmael. "It's getting worse. I can hold them off, but it will take time for him to heal...you...you need to go. On the bedside, is our work on time magic, I don't know if it will help you all, but it is what we could find...good luck, tell the sentinels I am sorry..."

As he finishes speaking the horde seems to come closer and charge again. Doki flings a hand towards Ishmael who feels himself return to his body.....

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Ishmael stumbles backwards away from Gii, he glances over and gathers up the papers on Gii's desk, wondering where to go next. He looks towards the door as well, wodering if he should leave, but there is no conviction in it. He settles down beside Gii again, wishing he could reach out to help more, but knowing that would be worse in the long run. He watches over the body of his friend, ready to lend aid again if needed, and hoping that somehow, things might still work out.
Ishmael Kor

Return to “Sinya Palurin”