Around Nandine

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

Around Nandine

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Teyaspa walks slowly but methodically through the streets of Nandine with Haze. He stops every so often to admire a particularly beautiful garden, or handsome tree. He occasionally picks up fruit that has fallen to the ground and stuffs it into a pouch, or eats of it while he describes what happens in various quarters. The city is impressive in the height of summer, all the various colours of nature gloriously showing by the streets. Some houses are in states of disrepair brought about by recent upheavals, and the odd tree is fallen but work is underway to clear away and repair the damage. In due course they end up near the old house Teyaspa has claimed. A guard waits ouside.

"This is my house in the city, though I rarely stay in it. If you ever need to get a message to me then give it to the guard. I'll be by to see him sooner or later. Every full moon I make myself free for all the Everni to speak to. At the next gathering I will talk to the Tribe. I want to change some of the old Haran's laws about magic, and I want to lead a small group to Pathway too see what the Emperor's army is doing with the place, and if he has any plans in the Heartlands. Would you help me with both? As to magic, are there customs on your island limiting magic? What I want to happen is that those not of my tribe will be banned from casting spells unless they come to me or my representative and ask permission. Obviously that shouldn't include Healing magic. Does that make sense?
As to Pathway, I want to get there as fast as possible with the best woodsmen I can find. You are my the only ally I can call on who could keep up with us. Will you join me? Full moon is in six days time."
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

rachel

Re: Around Nandine

Postby rachel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Haze follows confidently, testing the air every so often for odd scents. She has little interest in the houses, though she occassionally climbs onto the roof of one to get a better view of her surroundings, but she finds the gardens fascinating. Never before has she seen plants and trees tamed for their beauty. Although she is obviously following Teyaspa, she often disappears into the foliage to explore it further, leaping down beside him again once she has satisfied her curiousity.

She listens carefully to Teyaspa's words. "I will help you if I can. I can't understand why you would want to limit magic though, or how you could impose this on those who are not your kin. Surely they have their own alpha, or if they don't then they are like me and do not need one? But I will come to see the Emperor Haran with you." She smiles. "It is an honour to be asked."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 pm

*Teyaspa ponders*

"Most mages seem to end up setting fire to woods. These woods are the home of my people, and I don't want people to die. You are right though, it would be easier not to make laws. I'll think further on what to do. You might know that the Emperor, when he was Haran required all mages to buy permission to cast spells but I cannot have another tribe saying who can cast spells here and who can't."

*he yawns and rubs his eyes, shaking his head as if trying to remove the fatigue*

"Haze, I haven't slept in days. Unless you need me, I'm going to my house and i'm not coming out until I'm rested. You're welcome to come and go as you like, I long since told all the Everni guards that you were free to come and go as you pleased in our lands."

*He starts walking towards his house, before stopping and turning around.*

"Just to warn you, Nathanial is sometimes here. Ignore him, he's no threat to you or me, unless you break any laws. If he or anyone saying they are a Woodland Stalker bothers you, order them to come to see me with you straight away."

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:58 am

Haze raises her eyebrows in surprise that Teyaspa chooses to sleep in a house, but makes no comment. At the mention of Nathanial she hisses with obvious loathing.

"Why allow him in your territory? He's an enemy of ours."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 pm

*Teyaspa looks around, making sure no one else is listening before approaching Haze. He leans in close and whispers before straightning up, smiling and disappearing through his door.*

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Haze grins, sniffs the air to remember the scent so she can find the house again, and stalks back towards the woodlands.
Characters:

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 pm

**A letter is delivered by an armoured man bearing the brown checkered tabard of the Larkant**

To the Lord Haran of the Everni

Erathil has returned. He has reclaimed the forts of Pathway and the Heartlands. Even now he draws his army to him. I ask you to come to Fort Drake where my armies prepare for the worst.

Uthred, Lord Haran of the Larkant
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 pm

*As Teyaspa emerges from his rest, the guard hands him the scroll. Further time is wasted while his scribe is sent for, hustled inside the Haran's house and asked to read him the scroll's message.* Messengers are despatched to various villages in the forests with instructions to pass the message on to any Everni they encounter, notes appear around the city and town criers are heard to call:

"Erathil has returned, and has invaded Pathway. The Haran calls upon each Everni family to send one adult able to bear arms to Nandine for sunset on the 25th day of Agus to decide whether or not to stand against him alongside the Larkant tribe which calls for our aid."

*Some of the guards are taken from their duties and called to the Haran, before being sent off out of the city. The Haran emerges scowling and heads into the city.*

Return to “Sinya Palurin”