Hunter or Hunted?

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Hunter or Hunted?

Postby dainul » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

The feline travelled mostly along the more frequented paths that he found, hoping to mingle his scent a little with that of the passers-by, and betting on his pursuers' reluctance to reveal their nature to the populace. Still, he knew he would be easy to track, by scent or by description - there wouldn't be many fey-touched Balaam on this world - and so he headed towards somewhere he hoped to find allies, people he could trust.

It is a couple of days later that he arrives at the borders of the Nandine forest, and walks confidently in, unaware of at least some of the eyes watching this huge, armoured and slightly sparkly jaguar from the shadows.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

dainul

Re: Hunter or Hunted?

Postby dainul » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 am

The feline continues through the forest, sticking to the marked paths for now. He follows the trails deeper into the forest until he arrives at the edge of the ity itself. Unhindered, he walks into the city, ignoring the curious and suspicious looks he receives from some passers by.

He walks the city for some time, getting a feel for the layout and scale of the place before he begins his search propper. With a sense of the shape and scale of the place, he begins to search the different areas of the city, looking for Rille, Gizmo or Reuben. As he goes, he mutters a prayer to himself.

"Risk, grant that those I seek shall be found before me. Raime, though I do not hunt to kill, guide my steps to my quarry. Gerethanax guide my feet and set me on the true path."

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Haze watches this strange feline from one of the gardens, hidden amongst the shrubbery. She sniffs the air again, and bares her teeth uncertainly. For the last few days she has been stalking the forests, checking that they are still strong and healthy after being filled with that strange pink mist, in honour of her god. She had listened to Teyaspa's speech from one of the nearby trees, but felt too nervous of his kin to travel with so many of them. She would catch up later. That many humans would be easy to track, even if their leader was not. Now this feline has approached in her ally's absence, and she is not sure what to do. This is not her territory to defend. It may be that this creature is no threat, even if she does not like his presence. So she watches and she follows.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 pm

As the jaguar walks through the overgrown city, he catches the scent of something... familiar. Stopping in his tracks, he draws back his upper lip and draws the air across his tongue to better taste the scent. For a long moment he stands, stock still, nostrils flaring, teeth bared, catching the wind. Several passing humans stop to warily watch him, changing directions to avoid the huge agitated beast-man.

Eventually, with the scent firmly in his tongue and memory, he starts to look around, scanning the area for the source of the scent, looking for the other cat amongst the humans in this strange city. Still not moving from the spot, he looks and listens as carefully as he can for anything that sounds out of place in this human place.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Haze feels a cold sinking fear as she watches this cat that is not a cat catch her scent. She bares her sharp white fangs even more, wanting to run, but to be caught hiding like a frightened kitten by another feline is more than she can handle. She would never be able to look Teyaspa in the eyes again. Trying to project an air of carelessness, she leaps athletically from the bush onto a low wall and sits, staring at the beast-man with a curiousity that borders on rude. Her brown fur gleams in the afternoon sunlight, and a white mask hangs from her belt.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:59 pm

The sudden movement catches the jaguar's attention in a moment, and his expression shifts into a smile as he finally spots the marginally more familiar face. Hardly another Balaam, but then there probably was a reason Strength's court had never had another cat. He swings his staff around so he's carrying it horizontally, held loosely and easily at the centre in one hand, and moves to approach the other cat.

"It's been a while since I met another cat." He says in his characteristically loud voice as he approaches. He stops a few paces back from her, and absently tosses his staff across to his other hand before planting it on the ground. "This your stretch of forest?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:36 pm

The smile does not reassure Haze in any way. She eyes the feline's weapon warily, then casually stretches her lean brown arms out in front of her along the wall as if she has just woken, using this as an opportunity to reveal her sharp claws. When she speaks her tone is reserved, though not hostile.

"I am a cat-kin. This is the territory of one of my allies, where I may come and go as I please. Who are you and why are you here?"
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 pm

The jaguar notes the claws, and smiles a little more darkly. Sharp though they look, they're small. Unless this cat is a spell-slinger of some skill, a fight would not go her way. "I am Strength's Emissary, and his Hunter. A Balaam, from a world away from your... Velmaneth. I'm here looking for some friends of mine. A couple of elves and a human called Rilla, Gizmo and Reuben if that means anything to you?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 am

Haze's eyes widen slightly in surprise at the beastman's name. Strength's Emissary And His Hunter was a mouthful even for a feline of great importance, though perhaps where he came from it was more common for names to be that long.

"I have met no one called Rilla, Gizmo or Reuben." She pauses. "Who is their Alpha?"
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:54 pm

"Alpha?" It takes the jaguar a moment to figure out what the other cat means, but then he replies, "I don't think they really had a leader. They were talking about travelling together, but they were bringing a dead friend back here first. Some guy made of diamond who got himself murdered."

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:55 pm

None of this means anything to Haze. It is probable that this feline has nothing to do with the Emperor Haran, but she makes a note of his scent just incase. Standing nimbly up on the wall, she surveys the area, then unties the half-face mask from her belt and ties it on.

"I do not know any of those people. Perhaps you will find them here. I have important things I must do now."
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 pm

The jaguar shrugs and steps back, then a thought occurs to him. "Well, I may see you around. Watch yourself. Some of Strength's hounds are doubtless hunting for me, and I doubt they'd worry too much about killing you if they found you first." He doesn't really want the other cat to get herself killed by the hounds, but recognises she's unlikely to accept more than a warning, so he turns to leave.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 pm

**A scent on the wind...blood...sweat...canine...fey**

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:59 pm

The Jaguar tips his head back and catches the scent. "Smell that? Avoid them." Though with his back to the other, he might already be talking to the air.

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Haze listens to the warning, but as with much of what this creature says, it is hard to understand. She is not sure if the advice is genuine or some kind of veiled threat, and she needs to catch up with Teyaspa. But before she can leap down from the wall and disappear into the garden, a familiar smell drifts across on the wind. Wolfmen.

She hisses and spins back, claws extended, the fur along her back raised to make herself appear bigger. Urgently tasting the air, she realises that the scent is not quite the same as those who tried to conquer her island, but it is similar enough for her to know it is the scent of an enemy. Readying herself to fight or flee, she snarls at the other feline.

"What is that? What do you mean they hunt for you?"
Characters:

Return to “Sinya Palurin”