A caravan returning from Piddling

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

A caravan returning from Piddling

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Ruilsara Moonheart huddles in the back of a cart heading for Nandine. The traces of the many tears she has shed are clearly visible on her pale face as she sits by the covered body of Zemepatis, one hand gripping his shield, the other clutching on her lap a container holding shattered diamonds.

Images flit through Rilla's mind of Zemepatis; courageous, devoted, stubborn, and at times, one of the most frustrating people she had ever known, he remained in her heart one of the best friends she could ever have hoped to have. His steadfastness, dogged persistence and common sense had helped her on more occasions than she could name.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Edd

Re: Zemepatis

Postby Edd » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm

He should have been sad, but he was not. He was empty. Reuben walked beside the cart that Rilla sat in, carrying the body of Zemepatis. He reached over and took the box from her, opening it and calling forth the magics of the feywilds - repairing and healing the body of his first 'friend.' Once the body is whole again, he looks over to Rilla.

"We have his body back. And now you can say goodbye."

Reuben thought he should say goodbye too. But why?

"I'm not going to let them hurt you..."

"If I should fall, take this..."

"A new technique of fighting, that is..."

Memories of the diamond elf flooded through him, the first person to ever give him something and not ask for something in return.

Reuben knew that if he still had a soul, he would be sad for Zemepatis.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Rilla takes a deep breath, pushing back the flood of tears before it can overwhelm her once more. "Thank you Reuben, but I'm not giving up that easily. There has to be a way to get him back, and I'm going to find it."

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm

A faint metallic tang filled the air and with a resounding crack a small scroll flashed into existence, for those who could sense it, it had been teleported.

The scroll looked pristine, but the paper was of a dark brown hue, it's seal was an 8 pointed stone.

The scroll had written on the outside: "to whomever is with Zemepatis"
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

BlueTressym

Re: A caravan returning from Piddling

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Rilla's hands shake slightly as she puts down the shield and slowly reaches out to take the scroll. She looks at the seal and looks thoughtful for a moment before breaking it and opening the scroll in order to read its contents

*Rilla*

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:46 pm

To whom it may concern,

My lord has made me aware that one of his chosen has fallen. Zemepatis' soul is with him now, dedicated and committed to the Earth.

Should you be his friend then please read the following message:

Zemepatis' passing is a cause for great sadness, and a huge loss to the Earth Elves, the Sentinels and the Church of Gerethenax. I would like, as his Paladin, to personally conduct his funeral. I am aware there are some political issues going on, this is more important. I am willing to travel to a neutral location, or one he would like to perform the rites to his funeral in the name of the Lord of Earth. All who do not wish harm upon the Church will be welcome to say their goodbyes. Please write your answer on the back of his scroll, with a location and time and say the words ''For the Earth''. The scroll will make its way to me.

Should you be his enemy or murderer:

The Earth protects its own. Every step you take, every path you walk will be working against you. When the earth inevitably catches up with you, there will be no end to your torment. May you drown in sand.

Warryn Onyx Coshwood, Paladin of Gerethenax and General of the Elven Armies.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Gizmo, who had been reading the note over Rilla's shoulder, looks a bit excited when she reads who the letter was from.

Ooh, we're meant to be resistin' him, he's friends with Erathil!

She looks over at Reuben and raises her voice

Erathil! Is! Bad! Danahil! Is! Important! and all that. He seemed like an alright one though, handing over forts to the humans willy nilly. We should write back and say yeah...Didn't you say we were taking him to Fionan's Grove, or was that something different? Anyway, it would be rude to say no. Warryn's important, too...What do you think, Rilla?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Rilla looks round at Gizmo. "I will accept; in any case I need to speak with Warryn and I would prefer that it was face-to-face." She retrieves writing equipment from her pack and begins to compose a reply, biting her lip in concentration.

"To Warryn Onyx Coshwood

My name is Ruilsara Moonheart. We have met, during the quest to restore Lord Gerethanax to his rightful place in the heavens.

I am glad to accept your offer; we are going back to Nandine, where I intend that Zemepatis will be laid to rest. It is a place he chose to live, and dedicate himself to his duty, and he was much respected by those around him.

I would like to give anyone who wishes to pay their respects enough time to reach Nandine, so I will say 5 days hence, at Midday in Fionan's Grove.

Zemepatis was always a true friend to me. His murderer is dead.

Ruilsara Moonheart"

Rilla rolls the scroll back up, her reply innermost, then speaks the words "For the earth"

*Rilla*

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Reuben stands by while this all occurs. He does not move to see what was written, and makes no sign of acknowledgment or interest, in fact, his face remains emotionless the whole time.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Return to “Sinya Palurin”