center of Nandine

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

center of Nandine

Postby Breccan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 pm

*For several hours before sunset Everni tribesmen, male and female of many ages have been arriving in the central clearing of Nandine. Fires are lit, mulled wines and teas and hot foods of various forms are handed around. Despite the constand misty rain, and chilling wind the sons and daughters of the woods share a pleasant atmosphere and discussions vary from feats of hunting to omens in the weather to the news of the return of Erathil. Towards sunset flaming torchers are placed around the circle and conversation begins to die down as the time approaches. Eventually Teyaspa appears, carrying neither arms nor armour and walking alone.*

"My Brothers and Sisters of the Ever Free, I give you thanks for answering the Call. Many have come, and that is good. I asked for an adult of fighting age from each family for a reason, because you are the ones who must choose whether you will join the fight as you will be the ones doing the fighting. I may be Haran, but I command with the will of the tribe, and I will not force my will on any of you.

The Facts are few. Uhtred, the Haran of the Larkant Tribe has sent me an appeal for help - he has brought his army to Pathway on news that Erathil has taken it's forts and has the chance of entry into Sinya Palurin. They stand expecting attack and have asked me to come to Pathway, and I will go. but I wish to add some of our strength to stop the High Elves invading our lands. If there is a war to be fought, let us fight it in Pathway, rather than Nandine! I do not want war brought to our homes!

I ask for volunteers to help guard our forests. Some I will take with me to Pathway, and some will stay here to help guard the Tribe. Many of you here answered Alyssandra's call the last time. I ask you to fight for Nandine again, and for those of you who couldn't then, this is your chance to serve the cause of the Free Peoples.

Tonight we talk amongst ourselves. I will remain here to answer questions as best I can. If you wish to help me in Pathway come to the North side of the circle. If you wish to help me by strengthning the guards here and on the roads, stay in the South side of the circle. If you are undecided, join me in the middle and we will talk. Should you wish to leave, go in peace but stand ready lest the war arrive in our woods."

*Teyaspa moves around the circle, greeting those he knows, introducing himself to those he don't. He look saddened as some leave, including some from the last army the Everni raised. Well, they had done their part after all, and he would force no one to fight who didn't want to. About half of those who attended remain, and divide themselves into the three groups. Some of these drift away as the hours slip by, but many more sit discussing the merits of an army, and fighting for the Larkant. Teyaspa steels himself for a long night even as two of his guards move around taking names of the volunteers and begin organising them into units for the Pathway force and watches for the volunteers of the Guards*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

dainul

Re: center of Nandine

Postby dainul » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:46 am

Tristain had been sitting amongst the gathered Everni, and listened to the speech with some interest and concern. The taking of Pathway and the fall of Erathil had been great victories and even the Oder had celebrated them. Perhaps they'd even celebrated them more, especially when news came that the Well had been sealed. But now all that heroism was undone, the forts were back in elven hands and Erathil was back in charge of the Heartlands and the Well.

As people start moving and talking, the tattooed youngster sits and thinks a while before gathering up his blades and quietly moving to the north.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 am

**A hooded figure approaches Teyaspa after the meeting**

"You're doing well. Better than your predecessor."
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am

*As the meeting breaks up Teyaspa addresses his Pathway volunteers, some sixty in numbers by now.*
"We will leave tonight. spend the day with your famillies and return with your bows and spears and swords. Rest well because we will march hard!"

*Teyaspa grins*
"thank you. I've never hunted with a party this big and if i'm doing it right i'm suprised and glad. May I ask your name?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:52 am

**The man pushes back his hood to reveal a somewhat grizzled middle-aged man, skin bronze from years of exposure to the elements**

"My name is Queltisi Loanis, though in my younger days I was known as Sloan. You mentioned Alyssandra which sparked my interest."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 am

"Well Queltisi Loanis, my father answered her call and fought amongst her men at arms. Beyond that I know little about her, though I would be interested to learn."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:53 am

"I hope your father fought well and whether he still stands or not, I am sure he lives on in you. We all owe a debt to those who answered the last call to arms.

In Janus of the year 156, the lord of the Telerfret performed the great ritual to decide who should rule our people. He claimed that our people had voted for him. On that day I went into a self-imposed exile, put aside a name that could have caused problems for those around me and took up the name Andreas.

Some followed me and formed the Free Everni, outside the rule of the Telerfret Haran, Alyssandra was one of them. On that day I entrusted her to be my representative, my voice and I asked my people to treat her words as if they were my own."

Queltisi Loanis

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:07 pm

*Teyaspa nods*
"Those were dark days, but I think the Everni suffered less than most. As far as I knew from my corner of the forests he who is now Emperor left us alone. Being a leader of men doesn't come naturally to me, would you stay in Nandine to advise me when I return, and do you think I do the right thing marching on Pathway? Maybe if the tribes offered Erathil a free hand in the Heartlands he would not invade Sinya Palurin?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 pm

"We were indeed fortunate, though the Emperor did call upon us to provide men for his war and let's just say he seemed not to care whether they returned or not. The Jehovern didn't suffer, there were but a handful left and had only just gained the right to have a Haran. The Telerfret hardly suffered either, their nation became the most powerful on this world. It was the Larkant who suffered most, their minds controlled, they took the brunt of the damage.

I believe re-establishing the links between the Everni and Larkant is a good idea. I always got on well with Sulves and Harwood before him. However, remember that no matter how worthy the cause may seem, your first thought must be for your people and those who will fall if war breaks out.

As for letting Erathil have the Heartlands...the Elves have to live somewhere. I would rather see them there than have them destroying the woodland to build a new city in this land. As for invasion...in the fifty five years he held the Heartlands he never tried to invade Sinya Palurin. True, there were raids, attacks and incursions but no show of miliary might.

I will remain here, you are my Haran and I will do anything you ask of me"

Queltisi Loanis

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:19 pm

"So the Jehovern really do exist? Incredible. Maybe the Larkant have summoned them too, it would be an experience. Anyway, I plan for war but I will pray nightly to all the gods that it doesn't come to one. I will not issue you orders, come and go as you please, if you think I am doing wrong by the tribe tell me, and if the forests are attacked while I'm gone send word to Pathway and do what you can to defend us. Nathanial and his Woodland Stalkers are guarding the borders, or so they tell me. I'm sure he can take over the guards if he needs a bigger force.

I know almost nothing of the Stalkers, can you tell me anything of them?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:56 pm

**The man smiles**

"The Woodland Stalkers are your eyes, your ears and sometimes your claws. If you want to know anything, the chances are they already know it…or can find out. Though few know much about them, every Everni knows they are there and their mere reputation has meant that we have never required any other form of law enforcement. Anyone could be a member so you never know when you are being watched.

There is usually only one or two public members, those with the authority to offer membership to others. In my day, one such person was Ashen Defay, then guildmaster of the Woodland Stalkers. Rumours say that he was the great-grandson of Nandine herself and that a trickle of Wood Elven blood ran in his veins. It is said while she remained to help our people leave the Heartlands that she sent her son here where he would be safe. Other than the items every baby needs, the only thing sent with him was a gift from his father, a bow named Evernok. Ashen Defay was obsessed with finding it but I do not think he ever succeeded.

Anyway, the Stalkers are yours to command, they are fiercely loyal to their Haran and they should never be underestimated. Like I said, they are your eyes, ears and claws. If you need someone brought to you, alive or dead, they are the experts."

Queltisi Loanis

Tome of Magic 6.0

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 pm

long after sunset, the company is ready to go. Weapons have been found, and three units of skirmishers stand, provisions in knapsacks and waterbottles hanging from their belts. Teyaspa signals and they slip out into the darkness.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 am

*Nathaniel watches the whole event, unseen as is his custom. He sighs to himself, having seen enough of wars for anyone, and knowing the cost this one will likely have. He speaks quietly, apparently to himself.*

Sixty? I knew things are bad, but that is all we have left? We lost a lot at Pathway, thanks to Utred's abysmal tactics, but I can't believe the Everni nation has become that weak.

*He looks to some cover nearby*

When this little war is finished, remind me to get a few of us involved in training new soldiers. We can't protect the borders against an army.

*With that, he melts back into the shadows and foliage, and is gone.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”