A Sorrowful Day

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

A Sorrowful Day

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 am

The dawn in Nandine heralds a bright and sunny morning, but at the Nandine Healing Centre Rilla is in no mood for enjoying the late summer sun. Not even the beauty of Fionan's Grove can make her feel any better about why she will be there today, for the funeral of a true friend.

It is early in the morning and in a few hours people will be arriving to pay their respects to Zemepatis. All is in readiness at the Healing Centre, where Zemepatis' body rests, and from where he will be carried to the grove. Unable to sleep, Rilla has spent most of the night trying to meditate and offering prayers to the Celestial Dragon, with her hopes that no one will disturb the funeral and that Warryn will make it. Now she gets to her feet and heads to the kitchens; a hot drink might revive her slightly.

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Luke

Re: A Sorrowful Day

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 am

The high elf muttered his protections under his breath and placed one hand upon his master. When he was finished he nodded, and then disappeared back into the alley.

It had been a few hours since then and now dawn had arrived.

Warryn had entered the city of Nandine late at night, he wore a dark heavy cloak to hide his skin which would immediately have drawn attention. He knew this was risky, there were more than a few people who would want him arrested. They could try.

He had his shield strapped over his back, under the cloak, which made him looked a little hunched, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Today was too important to miss, the church suffered a great loss and should recognise that. He just hoped that people would not use the event to kick up a political fuss. He wasn't interested. This was about Zemepatis and Gerethenax, no-one else.

Time to go.

He slowly walked onwards, feeling his way through the earth on the ground. They had taken Zems body to the healing centre, but Warryn would wait outside the grove... and if given permission, he would walk within it to pay his respects and send him on his way.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Reuben has spent the night next to Zem's body, guarding it, not because he felt the need to, but he heard in passing a wish that no-one would take Zem's body.

His face is as emotionless as ever as the others start to arrive.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Fionan has spent the entire night in the grove, speaking with the spirits, praying to three Gods (Lenanuki, Gerethanax and the Celestial Dragon) in turn as he digs Zemepatis a grave in the light soil of a bank overlooking the pool.

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 pm

(OOC: I don't know if Fionan's grove is an open grove, or if it's fenced off, or when Zem's body will arrive)

Assuming it's open:

Warryn walks into the grove, very slowly as is his custom, careful not to trample the grove beneath his feet. Asking the earth where Zem's body is. He makes his way over to the grave and keeps a clear distance. There he stands waiting for others to arrive.

When Fionan is in earshot he speaks quietly.

If you would like some help digging that, I'm sure the Earth would welcome my contribution. If you would have it.

Assuming it's closed:

Warryn stands on the edge of the grove, waiting for some form of wildlife to scuttle past. When it does he praises the earth god and commands the creature to find the owner of the grove. As it scuttles through the grass and finds Fionan it runs round him in circles, stopping, pausing and looking in Warryn's direction and then running round in full circle again.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Fionan's grove is not fenced off at all, that not really being the custom in Nandine, and technically it is part of the grounds of the healing centre.
Zem's body of course is still in the healing centre at this point.

" Warren, glad you could come. Zem spoke much of you. Rilla and I also were with you when you sorted out Onyx's mess. Of course you should help - I'm dedicating the grave to Lenanuki and the Celestial Dragon as well as Gerethanax, to grant Zem the former's peace and the later's protection. Please take over the praise of Gerethanax part. I reccon it needs to be at least double the depth it is now - and I feel it should be done manually rather than through magic - it somehow means more that way. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:36 am

*waking up as the sun filtered through the trees Des quickly got himself sorted, putting out breakfast for the orphans before cleaning his tabard off and dressing in his unform as a sign of respectto the departed, heading out towards the healing centre.

Feeling a bit lost at this hour he carefully peaked into each room until he found Reuben, smiling he walked over to him, bowing his head slightly before offering a hand*
"good to see you again Reuben, just wish it didn't have to be under such circumstances, how's everyone holding up? "

((hardes volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Rilla enters the room where Zem's body rests. She manages a small smile at Reuben and 'Des, but it's obviously an effort. "I'm glad you are both here"

*Rilla*

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Gizmo enters the room behind Rilla. She is adorned in stones of various hues, but mainly pink and purple, and begins handing smaller gems of the same colours to everyone in the room, saving the biggest and most beautiful for Rilla, as well as a vivid blue one.

Here, I got some more stones, these are all the best for healing and grieving. I thought we'd need them especially today. And some azurite for you Rilla, I thought you might need extra.

She also puts the same stones on Zem's body, tucking them into his clothing, then adds others, one a pinkish white, one a mottled brown-grey-green,.

Danburite for the journey,amethyst for rest, rose quartz for healing, chiastolite for immortality, chalcedony for remembrance. That ought to be enough for the burial.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 am

Reuben's blank expression doesn't change as 'Des speaks to him. He stares down at his outstretched hand.

"Why is it good to see me? I do not know about the others, they are not here."

After Rilla speaks, Reuben looks at her and tilts his head to one side.

"Why?"

Reuben takes the stones from Gizmo, and looks at them.

"Do these make you feel better?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 am

*blinking at Reuben a few times before taking his hand back, a little confused at the response but sming none the less, moving to the side of the room and leaning against the wall*
"I'd have to say because it's nice to see people look after and pay their respects for the departed. I apologise it my manner or greetings are strange to you, I'm new to these parts."

*looking up as Rilla came in, smiling back and greeting her in the elven manner*
"it's good to see you as well my friend, i think he would be proud of how brave your being."

*standing back up straight as Gizmo walked in, quite intreaged by the stones on the outfit, nodding thankful as he wa handed a few smaller ones, rolling them in his band as he inspected them*
"that's very kind of you Gizmo, thank you for these stones, that's a very nice tradition."

*putting the stones in his pouch Des slowly walked over towards the body*
"will there be more arriving here or are we meeting them in the grove ?"

((hardes volourius))
Last edited by Sonny on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Warryn works tirelessly with Fionan to dig the grave. He began the work with a prayer to Gerethenax, to thank the earth for allowing them to relocate it. Then on his hands and knees he dug his hands into the earth and began to slowly shovel soil. It was a slow process but none-the-less the two managed the task.

I would appreciate it if the prayer to the Lord of Earth went last... it was his god after all.

I also trust that you can keep peace in your grove...

Warryn stood, and planted his feet at the head of grave. The Earth itself rose up and gripped his feet. They could try and remove him from this funeral...

Then he waited for Zems body to arrive, praying to Gerethenax to open his mind to the Earth. Hopefully Erathil wouldn't mind his absence... nothing important would be happening today right?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Rilla tried to conceal the pain she felt every time Reuben spoke ; she supposed she ought to be Glad that the loss of his soul seemed to mean he no longer felt sorrow or grief, but it was just wrong that he had lost the very part of him that had made him choose to make such a sacrifice in the first place. It was confusing for her, did it confuse him too? While Reuben no longer felt sorrow, it seemed that neither could he feel happiness. To never again be truly happy, never love anyone... Rilla shakes herself mentally; now is not the time. She answers Reuben's question as directly as he asked it "because you were a friend to Zem, and he to you, and it's right that his friends should be here to lay him to rest"

She manages a weak smile at 'Des words, "I-I hope so 'Des, I don't feel very brave. I hope six handkerchiefs will be enough"

As she accepts the stones from Gizmo, "Y-yes, I probably will, thank you."

Rilla then looks out of the window; she sees the sun climbing higher into the sky. "I-I need to get ready. Gizmo, will you help me please?"

*Rilla*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Outside in the grove, Fionan replies to Warren.

" I can only promise to try and keep the peace here. If you can also work for peace here in your new position a general - even if it is only the healing centre gardens that you order left undisturbed. "

" From what I've been told - I'm more angry at you for giving Zem the position that made him a target than for trying to keep your people well and healthy on the other side of the war. "

" I am glad you are here to show respect to Zem and possiblely even appologise. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Warryn stares at Fionan, Onyxs eyes glaring outwards.

Angry at me? I didn't kill him, Dakron followers did. Last time I checked it wasn't you who stood up to their Paladin and laughed in his face. He was given a choice. He accepted it. It is no more my fault for seeing potential in him, than it is yours for failing to protect him.

He looks around the grove and ponders

Keeping the peace? I am the only one here from the 'other side', I don't need anyone else. I have no intention of attacking anyone, should your friends however... then they will die. As for apologies, I believe by the time we are through, you will be offering me one willingly.

Warryn doesn't seem angry, he states it all as a matter of fact. No-one was going to ruin this day with blame, or accusations.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Sinya Palurin”