A Sorrowful Day

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Re: A Sorrowful Day

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Rilla hastily steps forward. "Thank you Reuben." Looking around the assembled company, "Does anyone else wish to speak? Everyone is welcome to share their thoughts of Zemepatis here"

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Fionan speaks out.

" Zemepatis, like Warryn here, was one of the earliest Earth elves. He spent many years travelling Pargon, slowly learning his medical and surgery skills, but I believe that it is here at the Nandine Healing Centre that he found friendship, like minded companions and hopefully a measure of peace and contentment.

Zemepatis embodied Gerethanax's ideal of endurance, his stubbonness and tenacity is well known to all of you - He never shirked from doing the right thing, everytime he would protect others at the cost of his own safety. We met Gerethanax himself when Warryn fought with Onyx, and for their assistance and their faith he gifted both Zemepatis and Warryn with the forms they have today. A great strength - combined with a great weakness.

It was due to this strength that I believed Zem would be safe. I believed that entrusting him with Rilla's safety but remaining here to tend to the patients would make it easier because he would not have two of us behind his shield. I could not believe it when I heard the news - it still has not quite sunk in, even with Warryn and I digging this grave last night, that someone so dependable, so caring, so honest and so determined - the best types of strength - would be the one to fall first.

As his friends we respected his right to be alone with his thoughts. He was often known to tell us to go ahead, or simply that he wanted time to think. From what I heard, it was during one of these quiet times that evil struck him down.

This is not how he deserved to go. It would have been much more appropriate if he was defending others until the last. The evil one that killed him was caught and executed and for that I thank you gathered here today - especially what I heard about you Reuban.

Like Zemepatis we should buckle our straps tight and weather this.

Praise be to Gerethanx for Zemepatis' example. and for his unwavering friendship and devotion."

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Warryn pulls back his hood as he speaks, taking a step forward. He hoped this wasn't too risky... this was the high priests job, paladins weren't well known for their word-play.

Zemepatis recieved one of the great Lord of Earth's blessings. One which was only bestowed twice. In this respect he was my brother... not of blood, but of belief. He served the church as dilligently as any other, and in most cases more so. He helped to protect my Lord when he was mortal, as he helped to protect his friends.

It seems often that those in the front line, the defenders and protectors of people, fall in battle or otherwise. We make ourselves targets to be struck. But his beliefs and ideals will live on in his friends and wards. In this way, those jealous of our power, will never obtain it.

Zemepatis will be remembered and honoured, in the city of his people, by his people, and by his church. He died in the cause of The Earth, an as such will be immortalised by it.

Goodbye Brother, may the Earth shield and protect you, as you have defended it.

Warryn stepped back. Most of the words he had barely undersood but Onyx had forced them into his consciousness. He said a mental prayer to Gerethenax and then planted his feet waiting for the others to speak.

His eyes surveyed the crowd and stopped on Reuben... a strange human, not dissimilar in mannerisms to himself. He needed to talk to this creature...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:19 pm

((any other dedications can go here))

As others speak their dedications to Zemepatis, Rilla clutches her handkerchief as a drowning man clutches a floating log, dabbing at the tears as they fall freely. Gradually however, the tears stop and are replaced by an expression that is composed yet resolute.

With the speeches over, Rilla looks around the assembled mourners, united in their grief. Picking up a handful of earth, she casts it into the grave. As she does so, she lets the handkerchief fall and it flutters down to land on Zemepatis' left hand.

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 am

*Slowly rising to his feet Des pulled his White hood over his head as he stepped to the side of the grave, dropping to one knee by it's edge,speaking rather softly and quietly as he looked down in respect.*

"though we briefly met Zem I have since heard of your brave and noble deeds, this world is truely worse off without you striding it's lands. Your honourable actions of putting others before you and tending to the sick would of earnt you knighthood in my lands. You were truely a great person and it would be an honour to watch over your friends in your absence, you have my word I will protect them with all my ability. Go with the giver's blessing and may the dragon of life watch over all whom you care for as shall I. Be at peace and rest with the earth noble Zem, you have earned it."

*saying this Des took a White Rose from under his tunic and let it rest by the side of the grave before taking down his hood and returning to his position a few yards back*

((hardes volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Return to “Sinya Palurin”