Approaching the University

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Approaching the University

Postby dainul » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:42 pm

An elf, clad in blue and with a sword at his side approaches the university. At first glance he appears to be a water elf, though crystalline shapes become visible now and then on his face, especially around his neck, reminiscent of ice floating on a lake.

After wandering around aimlessly for a while, he spots what looks like a main entrance and heads towards it.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Re: Approaching the University

Postby Niamh » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Kel, finally on her way to lunch, happens to glance towards the door of the entrance hall and notice the stranger.

Good afternoon! Can I help you at all?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm

The elf looks up at the human addressing him. "I don't know. I'm looking for another elf by the name of Vanathannun, if you know him?"

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I think he's in the library, I'll just get him for you. What name shall I give him?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:05 am

"Tutain. Thank you."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Vana appears, rubbing his head, having just gone over the information, head full of thoughts, and filled with a sense...of dread, perhaps? This would perhaps be the only true way to put it. There were passages that disturbed him, and there was still more to be searched. Secrets hidden within secrets, perhaps?
Walking towards Tutain, Vana nodded, simply, knowing the elf was not as emotional as himself, and would probably wish to speak bluntly.

Tutain, glad you are still around. How might I assist you?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 pm

"Vanathannun." Tutain nods to the other elf. "Seems you were right. No-one I've spoke to knows the heart or the fourth son even exist, let alone anything useful about them." Still not knowing who the pale human is, he tries to avoid giving too much away. "You found anything in your books?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Vana nods, and recalls a little of what he can remember right that moment, and whatever notes he made.

Yes, a little...of course, if its in a book, others will know of it, but Im still searching. Notes about the heart, possible references to Winter and High elves being perhaps something that was essentially the same, hints about Erathil's experiments into creating more efficient soldiers and a hint at the source of Winter elves, the fall of Levelas in more detail and some small passages that...Im still making sense of. Something about Erathil's control over the Winter Elves that I would like to research further, it may have a clue in there. Perhaps you would like to see these thing yourself?

He speaks openly, not minding if Kel knows or asks, having made it clear that any aid would be valuable, and that this knowledge is not for the two elves alone. Turning to Kel, he speaks again:

My lady, I apologize, but would it be too much for me to ask that my friend here be given some access to the things I have gathered thus far? It concerns Tutain as much as it does myself. Naturally, you are welcome to anything I obtain in this information, as it is through you I can understand them, so do not become illusioned into believing I am keeping secrets from you, please.

Glancing back to Tutain, he added quietly: You do not need to be so guarded. It is safer here, and with others, more can be learnt. Please, just for now, trust me and this woman. She can help, and it is to our advantage.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Kel, realising she hadn't actually introduced herself to Tutain, quickly attempts to rectify the situation

I'm sorry Tutain, I'm being terribly rude - I'm Kel, the principal of this university - welcome! Of course, Vana, Tutain is permitted into the library - as I said before, the library is open to all who wish to learn, but we try to deter anyone with more nefarious motives. If you vouch for him, then that's absolutely fine; the resources of the university are at you disposal, within reason of course. I take it this is the research you mentioned in your application? It sounded fascinating - if you happened to have a copy of your findings so far, I'd love to have a look. If either of you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Vana nodded to Kel and produced a few notes he had taken so far, holding them up to Kel, but seemed a bit reluctant to hand them over as of yet...

Thank you, my Lady. And I see no reason not to discuss these things with you, as input might help us greatly, especially from other mages and weilders of magic like yourself. I must admit though, I feel that I might have to have a few words with someone more versed in a certain art of magic...Rituals, actually...

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm

"A pleasure to meet you." Tutain says, with a bow, then turns to Vana. "You know these people better than I, but if we make it public knowledge what we intend... Well, we're already going against one of the most powerful of the Gods, and probably the most powerful single mortal as well. Do we really want to draw attention to our intent?" He then turns back to Kel. "No offence intended to you. It is simply the the more minds that know, the more mouths there are to tell, and before long we may well find our homes on fire and platoons of high elves searching for us through the ashes."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

Kel respects Vana's ambivalence over handing her the notes, and studies them from a non-proprietary distance.

Well, the man for rituals is Sylas Sage, the Haran. Tutain, your caution is wise, however be aware that you can trust us - I assume that the powerful mortal you refer to is Big E

Here she mimes pointy ears and a beard

In which case, we have a common enemy; myself and I think Sylas in particular would more than willing to help any research which might aid the resistance. Also, scholars excel at secrets - it comes from spending so long in quiet libraries, we tend to whisper rather than shout! So, the offr remains. If you need any help, or even just fresh eyes, I am here, and I'm sure Sylas would help with rituals if need be. Or even Feerian.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Vana crosses his arms, perhaps defensively, but frowns all the same.

Considering the majority of people here are not elves, logically, we need not worry about said Mortal. As for the God...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and as of yet, I have not mentioned "it", and dont intend to begin anytime soon...As Miss Kel said though, we tend to keep secrets to ourselves...and frankly, sicne we are so limited in our knowledge, learning even a little would reveal our intents for all purposes, so at least this way, we can assume it is safer. After all, you cant easily ask about the Heart and expect no eyebrows to be raised...

Glancing at both human and elf, Vana grips his notes a little more firmly.

Well, in any case...what I have so far found are...confusing, like two sides of a story with a similar concept. If neither of you have objections, I could probably go over them with you both. Lady Kel, being a skilled water mage would certainly be of use, though Sylas will have to be consulted too...later, though, when I have a more set idea of what questions to ASK, that is...

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:15 pm

"Well, I hope your trust doesn't prove to be misplaced, for the sakes of a lot more than us. But you are right that we'll need more than what we know if we hope to solve this before someone else lays their hands on it." The elf looks across the two others, his face turning more clearly crystalline as he speaks. "If either the Emperor or Erathil get hold of the Heart, freedom for the Winter Elves will be very hard to achieve."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 pm

If I am wrong in my trust, then we have your sword and my magic to correct things... Vana said this with a totally blank face, almost as coldly as the Winter elf could manage.

Though, if we can locate the Heart, not knowing how to secure, destory...whatever we need to do with it is meaningless if we dont know how. And sadly, Erathil is the only one who knows what the Heart really is, what it does and how. Going through these books, however, at least can give us some hints. Thats why we need a ritualist, though...Anyway, it might be that the heart can only be used by Erathil, or a ritualist.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”