Battered Arrival (University)

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Battered Arrival (University)

Postby dainul » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

The sparkling feline is almost collapsing with exhaustion by the time he finally arrives at the university. His robe is tattered, his staff lost on the road and his armour rent and stained with his own blood. He'd run into the hounds again on the road, and while his superior strength and armour had allowed him to drive his way through their ambush, even kill one of them probably, though he hadn't stopped to check, he couldn't have taken them all alone. So he'd run. Somehow he'd kept going, through the pain and sheer exhaustion. And now he had arrived.

He needed information, and someone had mentioned the place to him, a place of learning and knowledge. Surely if anyone would know about this strange metal, these people would. He approaches the main door, and slams his working fist down on it twice before slumping onto the doors, then sliding down to he floor.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Re: Battered Arrival (University)

Postby Niamh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:20 pm

From her place in the entrance hall, Kel hears the noise and opens the door. Seeing the battered form, she instantly kneels beside him and wraps some of the more serious wounds with bandages, then helps the cat very slowly and carefully into the hall, where she calls for help from the other students there, hoping someone with a better grasp of life magic will come and help, or at least someone else will assist in getting him to the infirmary.

(Edited because I forgot some rules...)
Last edited by Niamh on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm

When the door opens the feline struggles to rise to his feet, and with Kel's help he staggers inside. He is carrying various injuries, but none of them seem too deep, save a ragged gash down the length of his left arm. He grunts something that is probably thankful and slumps down again where they stop.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Singe appears in the doorway of one of the adjacent rooms, halfway through stuffing a cheese roll into her mouth. She watches in interest for a moment, then moves forward to stroke the feline.

"Its pretty!" She grins at Kel then holds her breath, almost choking on the bread in her enthusiasm, and gently pats the beastman's arm.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 am

Kel smiles at the little fire creature
Yes, but he's hurt. Could you run and get some healing potions from the infirmary for me, please?
Turning to an orderly,
Could you prepare one of the guest rooms please? On this floor, preferably
After making sure the orderly would definitely do as he was told, she returns her attentions to the cat, she attempts to support him upright again
Sorry to move you again, sir, but you'll catch your death lying on this cold floor. The dining hall is just there, and it's much warmer. You'll feel better with a bit of food and a potion or two in you, then we can talk about what brings you here.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:11 am

The cat again allows himself to be shifted, and supports as much of his own weight as he can manage as they move to the next room. Ideally, he would be able to protect himself fully, but for the moment finding a world where people would help those in need is a welcome change.

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Singe beams excitedly and sprints off in the direction of the infirmary. Minutes later she stumbles into the dining room, arms full of potion bottles, and frowning deeply in concentration from her struggle to continue holding her breath. Scattering the bottles over the floor, she takes a huge gasp of oxygen, then kneels down to sort them into strength order. Once more her flaming body flares up into its usual orange brilliance. Having put the potions in a line, she proudly points to one end, gesturing down it with her hand as she speaks.

"That's the most powerful one, and then those are quite powerful, and the rest are if you're just a little bit hurt."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Once the pair get into the dining hall, Kel seats the cat by the fire and goes to get him some food and drink. When she returns, she takes a minute to repair his armour, chanting obviously familiar words in a sing-song voice.
Thank you Singe, that's great. Here, I heard you like these, the chef has just finished them...
From the table, Kel gives Singe a freshly-made chocolate pudding, then selects a medium-powerful potion for her companion.
This should help...By the way, my name's Kel, I'm the principal here.

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:41 pm

The cat tucks into the food eagerly, eating quite quickly for someone with only one working arm, happy to get something warm and filling between his ribs. When Kel repairs his armour, he flexes and shifts to get it back into a more comfortable position.After a quiet minute or so of stuffing his face, the feline sits back and nods at Kel and Singe, somewhat curious about the burning creature, but not as taken aback as most would be.

"Thank you. Mezacoatl."

He takes, and drinks the potion and soon his arm is looking a lot better, though he still doesn't move it. He returns his attention to his food, though he keeps looking back to Singe.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Kel notices both the cat's reluctance to use the arm, and his curiosity about Singe.
Pleased to meet you, Mezacoatl. Help yourself to potions, it doesn't look like that one's completely healed your arm yet. This is Singe, she's an Efreeti - a type of fire elemental, her brother lectures here. They look a bit startling, but they're valuable additions to the university.
She tries to wait politely for Mezacoatl to finish his meal, but she can't help fidgeting impatiently, clearly intrigued as to what brought him so dramatically to her door.

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Mezacoatl continues to eat, and it's not long before the meal has disappeared down his throat. He then takes a couple more potions and flexes his left arm appreciatively.

"Efreeti... hmmph." He returns his attention to Kel. "Thank you. It's a nice change to find myself somewhere where people look out for one another."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, we try to cultivate a community of mutual support and understanding. Speaking of which, where do you come from?

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:23 am

Singe laughs in delight when presented with the chocolate dessert.

"Thank you!"

She carefully takes it from Kel, chatting away animatedly while she gobbles down huge mouthfuls.

"These are my favorite! Aithne Food Lady cooked some for me when me and Scorch and Cinder were saving the world. She is the best cook ever, and I found a spoon while we were looking for the special cup, and so she made some chocolate pots for me."

She sticks her fiery tongue into the bowl and licks round the edges. As the feline watches her, she smiles shyly at him, then spins round to talk to Kel again, pointing towards the beastman.

"He looks strange too. He's all pretty and he can talk."

She puts the bowl back on the table, but keeps hold of her metal spoon, a wicked grin flashing across her face. Then she moves forward and sits down to listen to the conversation.
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:36 pm

"Most people can talk in some way." Mezacoatl replies to Singe, then to Kel "Originally, I am from a world I don't have a name for. I didn't find out there was more than one until I stumbled into the Fey realm. And from there, I found myself here, as Strength's Emissary."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Kell jots all this down in her ever-present notebook. Strength, eh? Interesting...I've heard a little about the fey realms, and what happened at Piddling, but as I say, only a little. And what brings you out here, and in the state you were? It doesn't look like it was an easy journey...

Return to “Sinya Palurin”