Battered Arrival (University)

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Re: Battered Arrival (University)

Postby rachel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 am

Singe scowls as Kazrazil exits the room. First the pretty cat, then Kel, and now the fire elf has left her, and none of them even said goodbye properly. Glowering sullenly, she picks up the remains of the loaf and lets it burst into flames, leaving nothing but black ashes scattered over the floor. For a moment this satisfies her, and she looks around for other objects to burn, still grumpy that everyone has gone to do something interesting without her. But suddenly she grins, eyes gleaming with glee. Glancing around to make sure the room is still empty, she softly chants.

"Lady Risk, hide me from the sight of others so that when they look at me they see through me, and bless this chance I take." ((OOC: Invisibility))

She abruptly vanishes. There is a quiet giggle from the place where she stood, and then a small movement from the dinning room door which has been left half-open. Then nothing.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Amavaine stares incredulously at Kel; quite clearly she was insane. "I said nothing about fire magic; I'm talking about Fire elves, the ones created by Velnashar, Lord of Destruction." She shudders slightly as she speaks the name of the Fire god. "You are questioning My business and loyalties, yet a fire elf is welcome in your halls, even when he sets a girl on fire!?"

She pauses briefly, then adds, "And what's an efreet?"

*Amavaine*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Set a girl on fire? What girl? I feel like we're speaking at cross purposes...the Efreet are a race of fire elementals, you saw one of them in the dining hall - the dancing child. All are welcome to the university; knowledge is sacred to my god, and is not mine to deny anyone, and I don't question you any more than I do any who come here.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Vana, looking for Kel, and being pointed in the right direction, passing certain fire mages on the way, carried a pile of books precariously in both hands...notably, all the books were records of the War against Erathil, but all contained accounts and details of elves who had fought for Erathil and made notes while serving him... Vana had been searching for such things recently to add to his current notes, and to him, these were gold dust. Wandering up and nearly dropping the books, saving them from falling by clinging to them like they were a life line, and made his way up to the room...

Hello, Miss Kel...Did you get those notes I made? Mind helping me take a look through thee books, they MUST contain something usefu--Why is Amavaine here and what is she-- Never mind...

Addressing the younger Water elf directly, Vana gives her a look that is not unkind, but bares a resemblance to a frown, like looking at a naughty child and suddenly smiles.
Amavaine, get over here and help me will you? If I drop these books, there'll be hell to pay...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Amavaine immediately flits across the room to Vana and helps him with the books. She is looking decidedly ruffled however and gives Vana a withering look as she does so. "You Know why I'm here Vana, I told you in the library, but there's some lunatic fire elf around here setting people on fire and nobody's doing anything about it! So please stop looking at me as if I'VE done something wrong"

Her arms full of books, Amavaine looks back at Kel. "Lady Kel, my name is Amavaine Kalythaer and I have already stated my business; I'm looking for information about the Chalice of Eremine. Perhaps you could tell me where I might find this Sylas person you mentioned? I can leave then, and you can get someone to help that poor girl; I hope you have a good healer here"

*Amavaine*

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Kel also stooped to start collecting books.

Pleased to meet you, Amavaine. There has been a definite misunderstanding. The girl had not been set on fire; she is of fire. She's Singe, one of the Efreet I've been telling you about, the one who might know about the chalice - Sylas is the Haran, he'll be at the palace. Don't panic. Vana, I did receive those notes, very interesting reading.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

The water elf gives a relieved sigh as the two help with the books and finally can get some feeling back into his arms. Giving Amavaine a slight look he smirked, teasingly.

Well you know what to do then. Water cannon them into a lake. That'll teach them...But, as Kel said, the Efreete are actually ALWAYS on fire as far as I can tell. I havent tried pouring water on them, and I wouldnt suggest it. Fire might generally be bad, but Kel runs things here...and also happens to have the very nice library from which Im gathering resources...So yes...did I mention very nice library?

He grinned at the word Library, obviously at home there...then looked back at Kel, and asked quietly,
What did you make of it, in your personal opinion? I need some thoughts, though I think I WILL be needing tos ee the ritualist fellow you spoke of?

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 pm

No one is water cannoning anyone, anywhere - that would seriously injure the Efreet, and then we would have to have Words. This would not be a good thing. Also, I want this place to remain as neutral as possible; though I myself have a definite side, and will not use my ability to communicate with my god to help the opposition, and I have no doubt that nearly every staff member and student here has thier own views on the recent developments, this university as an institution is not getting involved in any politics. Including elemental prejudice.

And yes, it's a very good library. I have some information I think might be relevant, though I may be wrong. Sylas will be in his palace, I don't know if he will help, but if you are fighting for the same cause as he I don't see why he wouldn't.

Here, Kel hands Vana a note.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Anyone with enhanced senses can hear soft footsteps creep through the doorway, though they see no one enter. Kel hears someone next to her take a quiet intake of breath, then a small, startlingly warm hand wriggles into hers.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm

About to speak, Amavaine bites her lip and tries to be patient, but as Vana's words sink in, goes from confused to annoyed. "You mean you KNEW there were these efreet here and you never warned me? VANA!!!" Abruptly depositing her armful of books on the floor she 'accidentally' drops a suitably heavy tome on the water elf's foot

"Lady Kel, I really am sorry about this; has someone WARNED me, this wouldn't have happened." Giving Vana a look that would have him about 60 feet under if looks could kill, she continues to address Kel. "Please understand though, I didn't know about these efreet, and I've had to be afraid of people who wield fire, or ARE fiery, all my life. I came into that other room and I saw a fire elf and a person on fire! I ran because I was afraid and thought something awful was happening. I'm not brave or powerful or a hero or anything like that, I didn't want to die! "

Taking a deep breath to calm herself slightly, she continues "I do have reasons for my fear, Lady Kel, so please don't go thinking that I am just running from the reputation. I Know how dangerous they are. The people who raised me were refugees; they lived in the Heartlands - until they defied Erathil. He sent fire Elves to make an example of them. Fewer than half of them escaped alive, and my foster parents still hear water elves burning and screaming in their nightmares.

If the one here is different from the rest, then I'm glad, but I hope you really know that; blind trust is just as dangerous as blind hate. If the one here isn't cruel and destructive, then he's very rare. It seems I will need to see this Sylas Sage, as you have said these efreeti can't help setting things on fire; if I go near one to ask questions I'll probably die and I have a quest to do; I really don't want to die right now."

The flippant tone of Amavaine's last few words is belied by her anxious expression and the unfurling of her wings. She picks up the books again. "Where do these go?"

*Amavaine*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Vana yelps as the book hits his foot, causing him to drop his OWN pile, and stumble, trip and ultimately fall on the floor with a loud "THUMP" that sounded a little more than painful. After eventually coming out of a slight daze from banging his head, the water elf glared up at the younger elf and gathered up the books again, obviously in a bad mood now, the air getting slightly colder around him...

So nice to know we can deal with these things maturely. And I have a lot on my mind, you should know, best of all...so nice to know you can be so pleasant to me, considering what we're researching and hey, after all, Im ONLY one fo the oldest water elves around! Of COURSE I remember every detail...

He growled and mumbled something under his breath, the words "Levelas" and "water" being the only audiable words to the human and water elf/Avian, and some water poured onto Amaviane's head ((OOC: Douse)).

Now cool off! You're a water elf, so act like one, not like some hot headed fire elves I might mention. You're behaviour is disgraceful, even by my standards...

He growled again in his cold rage and took a look at the note handed to him by Kel, brows coming together in bewilderment.

Thats...odd...and interesting. Very interesting...I wonder if that means...No...right...? But he never did say...

He continues mumbling to himself, totally in a world of his own and oblivious to all around him, almost dropping the books AGAIN simply from lack of effort.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Kel tries not to react when Singe takes her hand, but she does squeeze it gently - both a 'good to (not) see you' and a 'you know you have to behave'. When the water elf douses Amavaine, Kel turns quickly, on the pretext of protecting the scrolls nestled in one arm, but really to shield the child, and then puts the scrolls carefully on the table.

Amavaine, I'm sorry if I came across as patronising, and I'm so sorry for the tragedy in your life. I suppose I'm so used to the variety of people and elements here that it just seems normal now. And I know that blind trust is dangerous...

Here she plays with a bit of her hair, though anyone looking particularly closely might wonder if it was her neck she was going to touch first.

But I don't think I am being blindly trusting, I am simply reserving judgment. I have yet to speak properly to Kazrazil and do not know what brings him here - you arrived before I found out what he wanted. As to the information you require, I'm afraid I have things to see to here so don't really have time to go across myself. However, I will write you both a note of introduction to Sylas.

Also, I think you should properly meet Singe one day. She is the less boisterous of the two Efreet I've met, and maybe meeting a fire person who does not mean you harm will help allay your fears...I don't know. Anyway, I hope I've answered your questions, and I really should go and find Kazrazil. Who knows what mischief a stranger roaming the corridors might come to...

Once she has said her goodbyes, Kel leaves the room and goes back the way she came until she finds Kaz.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 pm

As Vana soaks Amavaine the warm hand grips even harder, then reluctantly lets go once the water elf seems to have calmed. The footsteps become louder as they follow her out the room, and everyone hears a small female's voice speak to her, though there still seems to be no one nearby.

"He's disappeared. He left just after you ran out, and I can't find him. It's not fair, no one ever wants to speak to me!"
Characters:

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm

At this point smoke starts to seep into the room, the temperature rises and a swirling vortex of fire bursts into the room. A figure resembling a flaming angel (humanoid with fiery wings) stands in the doorway looking around frantically. His eyes settle on Vana and the birdlike water elf. They then flick down to the books in their hands. A flaming tongue licks flaming lips. The figure strides over to Vana staring into his eyes with fiery pits of flame that burn with smouldering fire. The creature speaks slowly, each word hanging in the air for a few seconds, before blowing away like smoke on the wind.

"Do. You. Like. My. New. Spell?"

Scorch straightens for a second and gestures to his wings.

"I forgot I could fly! Nothings going to get away from me now!"

He then looks around, losing all concept of fierceness and become playful again.

"Also, have you seen my sister, I need to speak to her, I have a useful development on her unburnable seed..."

Another wicked grin comes to his face. He clicks his fingers and a flame appears in his hand.

"Everything burns. EVERYTHING."

He looks around once more before turning back to Vana.

"We need to talk about those classes, I'm sure we can find some way for you to burn stuff..."

He considers this thoughtfully before wandering back towards the door in a thoughtful manner.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Callum

Postby Callum » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Kaz soon finds where kel went and steps in the room

"this is where everyone has gone"
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Return to “Sinya Palurin”