Battered Arrival (University)

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

Re: Battered Arrival (University)

Postby Niamh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Before going too far, Kel hears Scorch's piercing tones and smells the burning; in fear for poor Amavaine, she rushes back to the room from which she had come, hoping to prevent any major conflagration, and nearly runs into Kaz at the doorway. After making a quick scan of the room to make sure no one was unconscious, shrieking in terror, or on fire, and keeping one eye on scorch, she turns her attention to the fire elf.

Ah, Kazrazil, I was looking for you...

Remembering how highly strung everyone in the room is, she is distracted again

Oh, and Scorch, i heard you were looking for your sister...she was with me a moment ago, not sure where she is now but she can't be far away. Now, nobody panic, set anything on fire, or try to put anyone out. Yes there's a fire elf, at least one Efreet and two water elves, but that's no reason to scream, cry, or keel over in terror. Everything is FINE. Now, Kazrazil, what information were you after?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 pm

The douse knocked Amavaine off her feet. After the intial shock she sat up, soaking wet, with soggy books strewn over the floor where she'd dropped them when doused. Shaking her head she then climbed to her feet. As Vana embarked on his tirade she listened with growing fury and barely hearing Kel's words, she just nodded vaguely, shaking herself off and flapping her wings vigorously and creating quite a draught, then as soon as Kel left, bursting into speech.

"Of all the Stinking Hypocrisy, yours takes the whole jar of biscuits Vana! Thanks to you deciding that something that could easily KILL ME being loose in this place was a 'detail', I nearly got roasted alive; I was 'that' close to using a spell to try and put out what looked like a girl on fire. A good thing I did run instead, given that Someone likely would've retaliated to what would be an attack in their eyes. Nice to know my life and health are less important to you than these damn books, the ones you've just soaked through! A fat lot of use THEY'LL be now. Oh yes, a very wise and mature way of responding to a situation THAT was, retaliating in exactly the way you claim is immature. Talk about the sea calling a lake wet!! A book on the foot is a lot nicer than you deserve for not being bothered to warn me there's things around here that are likely to kill me with a touch. So you can go kiss an efreet!"

As Amavaine pauses for breath, she still curses inwardly. She had put up with Vana's patronizing ways for a long time, knowing that his teachings had helped her, even though his way of learning magic had never worked for her. Once Vana had realised what did work, he had willingly demonstrated spells for her, and because it had been helpful, she hadn't been bothered by his warped sense of humour; it wasn't as if being wet was much of a problem for her. However, just because he happened to be as old as Creation and good at Water magic, it didn't give him the right to treat her like that; casually disregarding the fact she'd been scared half to death, and could've been burned the rest of the way, charming! It was no thanks to him that she'd ended up embarrassed rather than dead. Well he could carry his own books, not that they'd be a lot of good to him now; paper and ink didn't do well when water was applied to them, especially not a full soaking.

As soon as the smoke begins to appear, Amavaine backs towards the window. At the sight of a fiery nightmare bursting into the room, Amavaine shrieks, and with a yell of "Vana, get out of there!" she launches herself through the open window and away.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:04 am

In all the confusion and noise, there is no chance for Scorch to hear footsteps sneak around him. A pair of fiery arms suddenly wrap themselves round his neck, pulling him forward in their exuberance.

"Can't catch me, big brother!"

Losing her concentration, Singe becomes visible again, clinging onto Scorch and laughing wildly.

"Don't worry about making the stupid water elf fly away, she didn't like us because we're made of fire. What do you want my seed for? Can you make it grow? Have you met the pretty cat and Kazrazil?" She points to outside the door to where Kaz and Kel are in conversation.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Scorch hugs his sister back, and looks over her head to peer at the fire elf.

"Is he related to Burny. If not, then why not. We should make him. Or we can call him 'Burny 2'."

He releases his sister with a friendly ignite and peers out of the window at the rapidly fleeing Amavaine. With a wicked grin to Vana he says

"I can go get her if you like..."

He flaps his flaming wings, lifting himself of the floor for a few moments. Remembering that we wanted to speak about the seed, he turns back to Singe.

"I don't know if I can make it grow, but you know how Sylas said it won't burn....I think I can change that, if you're happy to let me try..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:00 pm

interrupted in her conversation with Kaz, Kel looks with chagrin at Amavaine's retreating figure.
Scorch, this is Kazrazil, not...Burny...And let Amavaine go, she'll be back when she's ready. Also, if you do anything to that seed, do it where you're not going to burn any buildings down. Vana, I take it the two of you are working together? So you will tell her of any information regarding the chalice that you may find?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Callum

Postby Callum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 pm

"i wish to ask them in private"
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Okey kokey...there's another room near by which is empty.

Kel leads him down a few doors, making sure to remain in screaming distance of the others.

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 pm

"The seed is unburnable," brags Singe proudly. "Sylas said so." She reaches into her pouch and takes it out, marvelling as it flames brightly in her hand. Hearing Kazrazil's words, she becomes serious for a moment, then grins impishly at her brother. Putting her finger to her lips, she slips quietly away from him, and towards the door of the room Kel and Kaz have just entered ((presuming they have))
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Callum

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:02 pm

when in the room and the door shut behind kaz begins talking

"i have recently been told by the traveller that there is a contract on my head because of me being a sentinal so i have to be careful, warryn recently told me i was his and erithil's brother but i dont remember anything i have not been in these lands up until recently i was thinking that someone here might be able to find out"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:13 am

Though she balks at mention of Erathil, she remains interested - talk of the contract brings back painful memories of her time at Fort Drake the previous summer, and the fact that Kaz is a sentinel causes her to relax somewhat again.

Ah yes, I know first hand about that contract...I understand your wish for privacy. So, what exactly is it that you wish to find out? This means you're a Coshwood then, I suppose?

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 am

Singe stands to the left of the door, listening carefully. Although close enough to hear some words, she is careful not to lean against the wall for fear of making scorch marks.
Characters:

Callum

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 pm

"well i know my last name is coshwood but i want toknow if its true that i am his brother i dont really know anything about these lands these past few months have been the first time i have stepped foot out of the lands i am now sentinel of surly i would remember if i had brothers"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Well, I know that the name Coshwood means you are the first of your kind, the idea of you, and all elves, created by one of Eremine's children, but each given life and power by another - Velnashar in your case...so yes, I suppose you are brothers, in a way. Cousins, at the very least. I'm not sure why you wouldn't remember or know these things...it was quite a while ago that you came into being, to be fair...

Callum

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:33 pm

"what do you mean given life and power by another - Velnashar i do not worship him"
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 pm

From what I have gathered, Lenamo created the 'idea' of elves; then various other gods and goddesses gave these ideas their essence, if you like. So Lavelas filled some with the power of water, Gerethenax with earth and so on, to create the various types of elf. Velnashar has created two Coshwoods - yourself and the Shadow one...so you are more truly his brother than any of the others, but you are certainly fraternally bound with Warryn also, just as he claimed, by dint of presumably being one of Lenamo's initial idea-elves. You may not follow Velnashar, but his power is what made you, you.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”