The next day at the University

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

The next day at the University

Postby dainul » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Mezacoatl awakes, unarmoured in the unfamiliar bed, and instantly reaches out for his staff. A few seconds later, he's up, scanning the room - the cell? - for clues as to where he is. No weapons in the room, but his armour is lying on the floor by the bed, in a pile where he'd left it the previous night. Where he'd left it... Finally shedding the last dregs of sleep, the great feline remembers where he is.

He dons his leather armour and slings the chain shirt over his shoulder as he retraces last nights' steps back to the dining hall. The place is quite busy at this time in the morning, nevertheless, he manages to find a spare seat, and drops the armour next to it before following the crowd toward the apparent source of the food.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Re: The next day at the University

Postby Niamh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 am

Kel spots the sparkly catkin when he enters the hall, and waves at him enthusiastically from the top table.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 am

Mezacoatl nods in return to Kel as he heads over to get food. Soon he's back, and sits in the seat by his armour. Glancing around the room, he feels a little out of place amongst the sages and mages having breakfast. He wonders idly how many of these apparent spell-slingers could punch out an animated statue with one arm, but decides that in all likelihood, those on his level would have just blown it up before it got that close.

He returns his attention to his food, and is soon finished.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:46 pm

When she's finished, Kel goes over to Mezacoatl.

Sorry our conversation got cut short last night - you know how it is, one minute you're having a chat about the fey realms, the next you're trying to calm down a panicky water elf and stop the Efreet from getting too bored...we've already had to replace the roof twice...anyway, you have my full attention now, how can I help you?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:56 pm

"No... I'm fairly sure I've not been in a situation quite like that in my life. But then you've probably not had many half-fey cats collapse on your doorstep." Mezacoatl stands and tuns to face Kel. "I can't remember where we got to last night. Well, the short version is that the things that attacked me last night apparently don't like something called star-tear. Which means I need some. Apparently it's a metal, but I met someone able to conjure it from the air. Either way, I need information. So I came here."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Star tear: inimical to werewolves, it prevents them from transforming, and is a source of great fear. Judging from the reaction of werewolves I've come across, I think it might hurt them as well. Some people can cast a spell that creates a weapon of star tear, however it is not one that anyone at this university teaches. Some crafters can also make star tear weapons - I'd recommend Gren Carrock, he made my armour and I'm very happy with it, I can write to him if you like and order you something. You after any other info? We were talking about how you were one of Strength's emissaries.

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:29 pm

"This armoursmith can make weapons of this metal? I'd got the idea it was hard to find. And yes, though I think I'm the only one on this world. Not his only presence, but his only Emissary."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 pm

I don't know...I imagine it wouldn't be cheap or easy for Gren to make, but it's worth asking. The only other crafter i know is sadly deceased...alternatively, if you know of someone who can create it, bring them here and we can see if we can do something interesting...What were you doing to attract the attention of werewolves, anyway? And what do you mean, 'not strength's only presence'?

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:00 pm

"Well, it can't hurt to ask, I suppose. As for the person I met, she's a fellow feline, with all the aloof pride that normally implies. I met her once, and I doubt she'll be too keen to travel half-way across this country to do me a favour. Even if I could find her again. And strength's hounds are not werewolves. Wolves listen, learn and understand. They hunt to eat, then stop. No-one orders a wolf to kill for the sport of it. They are dogs."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Okey kokey...sorry, I meant werewolf as a general term; having of course never met Strength's hounds, and by the sounds of it being lucky not to, I can't really judge what exactly they are. Is there anything else I can help you with? I will write to Gren forthwith

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pm

"I don't think so. Thank you." Mezacoatl nods to Kel then gathers up his armour and goes to leave the room. On reaching the door, he pauses and turns. "Actually, no there was something else. Do you have anyone who knows about demons and soul-pacts?"

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:56 pm

When Mezacoatl mentions the word demon, Kel goes pale(r) and tenses visibly.

Why do you want to know? I don't know much about it, and it's not something I encourage a lot of research into. However, I'm sure I could get you something from the library. Also, thinking about it I'm not sure there is anyone who can make star-tear weapons. Try a ritual, perhaps? Alternatively, if you can wait then I hear rumours of a few people wanting to learn about creating such things. Maybe one of them could sort you out with something.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

"Someone I know entered a demon-pact. I want to figure out how to untie him from it. And how would I go about figuring out a ritual? I don't use magic."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Ah, that's OK then...I'll look in the library and see if I can find anything. Also, maybe not strictly relevant, but it might be worth talking to the Life department, I know they can exorcise those who are possessed...they might know something. Ritual-wise, I guess you could join the queue for Silas, he's ritualtastic. Or maybe Feerian...Or even if not, if you find someone who can open a ritual circle then you could see if you could ritually create a star-tear weapon. You'd need to sacrifice something, though - rituals always go better with a sacrifice of some sort, whether it's your magic, a little of your life force...Sounds a bit grim, I know, but it's more effective and means you're less likely to get bitten on the backside by the ritual...

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 pm

"And where would I find the life department?"

Return to “Sinya Palurin”