Somewhere between Nandine and Sanga

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Breccan

Somewhere between Nandine and Sanga

Postby Breccan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm

*Three humans move quickly by night heading west. Their speed means that they make more noise than they might, but behind there is no trace of their passing. Odd noises reach their ears, a rustle in the foliage, a light thump from behind, but they do not slow, merely grip their weapons a little tighter as they hurry onward.*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

rachel

Re: Somewhere between Nandine and Sanga

Postby rachel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Haze can hear the sound of her quarry panting quietly as they run ahead of her. She sniffs the air once more to check it is Teyaspa she follows and not one of his kin, and then quickens her pace, sighing inwardly. Why her ally had rushed off to talk to another alpha just because he had received a message from someone he didn't trust made no sense to her at all, and if she hadn't remembered information that he needed to know, she would not have even considered this foolish chase. It had taken her most of the day to catch up with his scent, and a better part of the night to close the gap between them. The problem now was getting them to stop.

She feels for the essence in the Spirit's mask she is wearing, and whispers a quiet prayer.

"Great Spirit, let the leaves and branches of this forest know my power and listen to me." *Entangle*

As one of the humans passes a tree, its lean branches twist and wrap around them, preventing them from continuing.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

*Teyaspa works his hands free and mutters quickly*
"May the waters of life seep from all the forms of those around and shield my flesh from those who assail me. Shield of Water"

*He feels the cooling protection close around him as he reaches for his big two headed throwing axe and looks for the threat. His guards, less trained, struggle uselessly againt the strong boughs*

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:23 am

"It is me Teyaspa." Haze keeps her distance, watching the throwing axe cautiously. "It is Haze."

She slowly moves closer so that her ally can see her properly, the fur on her back slightly raised in apprehension.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

"Do you hunt me, Haze?"

*the axe is lowered slightly, though he is tense. He tries to remember how long it will take for the spell to unravel, but fails to recall.*

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Haze suddenly smiles, the idea of hunting Teyaspa seeming so ludicrous that it almost makes her laugh.

"If I wished to hurt you I would have already done so," she points out, her tone slightly teasing. "You said I could join you to speak to the Telefret humans, and I have important information about Sameul to tell you."

By now the trees had released their grip on the two Everni guards, and were slowly swaying in the breeze.
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Released of his wooden captor Teyaspa puts away his axe, rearranges his packs and takes a pull at his water flask before sitting down.

"You've met Samuel? I'd be grateful for any knowledge you can share."

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Pleased at the chance to rest, Haze sits with her back to the tree, glancing curiously at Teyaspa's companions before she starts to speak.

"I was introduced to Samuel by two of his allies, Squits and Fulicia. He is a very frightening creature and stinks of death, but I don't think he is our enemy. He offered to help me free my island from midari, and he spoke to me with respect. If you are to speak to him to make peace then let me come with you; being an ally of his allies must count for something."
Characters:

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 pm

"Do you know if he himself is dead? If we can get there, I'd be glad of your company. I would feel safer, if nothing else."

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 pm

*Following the pyrotechnic passage of the Sun God, and seeing smoke rising to the west, Teyaspa stands suddenly.*

"The Forest, it burns."

*Without another word Teyaspa disapears at a run into the woods. His two compatriots startled, glance at eachother, and at Haze, they stand and follow their leader.*

Return to “Sinya Palurin”