Aboard the Ruby Pearl

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Aboard the Ruby Pearl

Postby dainul » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 pm

The Ruby Pearl is a fair sized sailing ship, with plenty of cargo space, two large masts and a reasonable (though not phenomenal) turn of speed She can house perhaps two dozen, and given that her crew currently seem to have no need to sleep, that's two dozen passengers. She is, however, in quite poor repair, and could do with being seen to by a decent shipwright over a couple of months to set her straight again.

((OOC because I don't know what you lot are going to do: It turns out it is incredibly hard to physically remove the undead dwarves from the ship. If sufficient concerted effort is applied to overcome the force holding them on (which seems to manifest as a wall of force which hurts them as you might expect when they're thrown into it) they simply appear back at their posts a moment later. The same occurs when they are destroyed. They will try to defend themselves while the PCs are attacking them, but aren't really much of a challenged for the seasoned adventurers on board and are quite happy to not fight if you stop attacking them. More than happy in fact. Let the loony toons chaos commence :) ))
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Aboard the Ruby Pearl

Postby Ben » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm

**River lay in the captain's cabin looking up at the ceiling above his head, he wasn't laying any sort of claim to the ship, he'd just been looking for somewhere away from the arguments about where they were going to dock. He didn't feel right, it was strange losing part of himself and even stranger gaining the attention of a deity.**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 am

Having found a captain's tricorn hat from somewhere, Gizmo was getting into the swing of being a captain, more or less oblivious to the discussions over where to land, having decided some hours previously that they were just going to head for Sinya Palurin till they nearly bumped into it, then find out where they were and take it from there - definitely via a shipwright.

Man the rigging! Seal the Sail! Wave to the Whale! To port, to starboard! YAY!

Remembering that a vitally important element had nearly been overlooked, she climbed to the crows nest and shouted as loud as she could,

I RENAME THIS SHIP BISHOP

Satisfied, Gizmo descended again. What to do about the undead? Jagged James would have to stay, being as he was her trainee, but the others didn't really give the right impression for a ship of Nomads. The killing and maiming hadn't worked, instead resulting only in minor injuries to the other heroes and another couple of holes in the ship as the crew returned fairly quickly. Perhaps a stone of repel undead...hm. Was that even possible? Who knew; who cared. Or perhaps she and the other Nomads could go on a quest to lay the undead crew to rest. Again, a consideration for another day. She was on a boat.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:10 am

As she climbs down from the crows nest, Jagged James approaches her. "Umm... you're supposed to break a bottle of something alcoholic over the bow if you want to rename a ship. Seems a bit of a waste to me, but it's bad luck otherwise. And you want to get the name on the front re-painted. Can't have a ship with two names."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am

Oh, alright. Gizmo fetches some whisky from the stash Reuben had showed her and smashed it over the bow as she shouts,
I RENAME THIS SHIP BISHOP! This is followed by a hasty spell to repair the damage smashing the boat with a bottle caused.
Yeah, we're taking it to get repaired so I was gonna have it repainted then. But I just wanted to get the name change in early before anyone else had any bright ideas.
Last edited by Niamh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 am

Kezzia smiles from where she sits sprawled on the deck, her back against some of the railings. She hasn't felt this relaxed for what seems like an age. By her side lies her new axe, which she pulls closer to study again, still astounded by Reuben's generosity. Well at least she understood where his rava came from now. Listening to Gizmo's antics, content that her new mates weren't in any danger, her eyes slowly start to close.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 pm

A large wave crashes against the side of the ship, causing Kezzia to jerk awake. She shakes the sleep from her eyes, stretches her cramped muscles, and looks around.

"Here, Gizmo. You still alright if we head for Mahtar? I gotta find someone."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, of course. Who're you going to find? That light elf lady?

Gizmo dashes over to Reuben and anyone else by the helm, giving them instructions to set a course to Mahtar, then returns to Kezzia to hear her answer.

Also...where's Mahtar?

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

"Nah." Kezzia gives her friend a wry smile. "She worked for the High elves. Much as she was nice, I don't wanna see her again. Nah, remember the woman I said was like a mam to me; the one who taught me to heal? I ain't see her for, well, ages, and I need to check she ain't dead or nothing. Mahtar's near where you and Reuben and the university lot picked up the boat I was crewing, east of Lunte Bay. It ain't got a port, but we can walk to it within a day if we come ashore close enough."
Characters:

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 am

James emerged from the lower deck, his good arm clutching his bad. He walked strangely, going out of his way to avoid all of the undead incase they decided to pull scary faces.

This adventuring lark wasn't as bad as he had first thought. In fact his arm had hurt less than the weeks previously, in fact he realised that he hadn't noticed it at all when it was doing it's work... interesting.

Still it had been a few hours since he had gained any essence and so it began to set in with a dull ache, the kind that becomes sharp the second you forget about it. He winced as the pain rose, he had to remember not to think hard about anything else or it would seek attention.

Good... what time is is?... Morning, Afternoon, take your pick. I have a request... if possible could we avoid any dangerous sea creatures... and/or other pirate ships. Also reefs, I hear they are bad... and cliffs, rocks, storms. Also if you wouldn't mind avoiding a mutiny that would be wonderful. Thankyou.

He puts on a half smile but his eyes only show fear and worry. He needed to count something.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Oh, alright then, we'll defintiely do that.

Gizmo turned and bellowed orders at the somewhat bemused crew. When she heard James' querulous speech she turned to him with a beaming smile.

Don't worry, we're good sailors. Reef and dangerous sea-creature free zone. And it's a clear sky, no storms...we'll be seeing land soon, I think. Do you need some adventurine to help you calm down and be less anxious? Also, are you ready to start accountanting for us yet?

With that, Gizmo rummaged around in her clothes for a moment and presents James with a wad of Rava.

I tend to lose count after about twenty...

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Kit,, hearing the sound of muffled footsteps and voices began to wake softly, stretching and yawning for a good few seconds before throwing himself off his bed. Heading onto the main deck he gives a brief smile and a wave to those he sees before heading straight towards the mast. He gave his arms one last stretch before bounding upwards, *climb*ing at a fast rate until he reached the top. Placing a hand over his eyes to block out the glare from the sun, he tried to take in the surroundings.

*Acute Vision*

After surveying the surroundings for what he thought was a long enough time he peeked over to where people were standing on the main deck, before choosing his spot. He jumped and started to fall gracefully, priming his legs for a purrfect landing. As the ground rushed up beneath him his feet enveloped the deck, sinking into it gracefully as he touched down. *Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek* was the sound from beneath his left leg, before the wood below gave way and consumed his legs, leaving the top half of his body sticking out from the ground.

"OWWW"

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Always. If your offer is still open by the way I was thinking of joining your nomad groups... it's cheaper than paying rent.

He took the wad of Rava and added his own small amount, putting the lot in his front pocket and descending to the lower decks.

(OOC: could you email me the amount etc and I will get to accounting :D)
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah the offer still stands. Kezzia, I'm nominating James as a Nomad. Will you second him?

Seeing Kit halfway through the deck, she runs over to him and starts pulling him out before Touch Repairing the splintered wood.

Are you alright Kit? If you're gonna be the ship's cat, you're gonna have to stop putting holes in it...

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:50 pm

"I didn't mean to, I guess it's not all that sturdy. I managed to see a couple of blots of islands when I was up top, we should plan some course with maybe repairs to the ship being a high priority.

He shakes off the splinters, and holds a larger piece up to his eye

"The wood inside is slowly rotting, it needs either replacing or re-enforcing I guess."

Return to “Sinya Palurin”