Fikiawe: Temple of Eremethal

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Fikiawe: Temple of Eremethal

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:08 pm

A small figure is atop a high tower in the avian city of Fikiawe. Those nearby perceive with their sharp avian vision that she has elven features, bright blue-green hair and skin, and looks pretty much like a water elf - except for the large blue-patterned wings growing from her back and the feathers in her hair and around her neck.

Amavaine looks somewhat down, which is not a usual state for her, but after more than a month in Fikiawe and nothing to show for it, she is finding it increasingly hard not to become discouraged. She is missing her friends, and Vana. Looking up to the darkening sky she manages a small smile, knowing that soon her god's moon will be in the sky. She saw it rise several weeks ago, and has been watching it every night since.

Her days are spent at the temple of Eremethal, praying to him for some sign, for something she can tell her god in her prayers. So far though, her earnest supplications have meet with nary a sign, not as much as a whispering breeze. She had to keep trying though; her god had shown faith in her by choosing her to undertake the task of speaking with his brother Eremethal on his behalf about his return to divinity, its unfortunate consequences for those near the sea, and about them working together, now that he was back in the heavens once more. Lavelas had told her as he carried her safely to the mainland and on to the edge of the Urda Ridge mountains, that her friends had made it to an island in the aftermath of the terrifying storms that had struck after the appearance of his moon in the sky. He had explained to her that that while their task was to gather the fragments of his moon - and soul - from underwater, that he had something different to ask of her. He also told her that he and his brother moon-gods had been close before Velnashar's malice had struck him down, and he hoped they would be able to re-establish that bond and work together once more to fulfill their roles in looking after the world of their mother had made. Amavaine had the impression that he wanted to say something more, but he had only frowned thoughtfully up at the sky and departed. She had flown to Fikiawe at once after he had explained her task, and while her appearance had startled some of the avian inhabitants at first, and brought forth fascinated questions from others about her lineage, most of those in the vicinity of the temple were used to seeing her by now.

Sadly too, the other event she had hoped for had not happened either; despite asking those she met and asking them to ask others, no one had been able to tell her anything about her parentage.

Still, she had to stay and keep going to the temple until she had some kind of sign, for the sake of her beloved god and the trust he had shown in her. She hoped, and devoutly prayed, that Eremethal might help Lavelas to restore to himself the power that had been lost when he was struck down by the spite of his brother, the terrifying god of Fire and of all things both destructive and chaotic. Of course, she thought, staring gloomily at her toes, Velnashar - she shuddered even at the thought of him - was Eremethal's brother too.

Trying to shake off the dismal thoughts, she sat and watched the sky until her god once again looked down upon her, with his brother moons.

The next day, Amavaine returned to the Temple of Eremethal; she would not - COULD NOT - give up.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

dainul

Re: Fikiawe: Temple of Eremethal

Postby dainul » Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Another day, and more prayers in the temple beneath the open sky. Amavaine arrives at the temple, and begins her routine. Not many minutes in, she is alerted by cries of alarm from the avians around, as they gaze up at what appears the be the largest raindrop ever seen. The sphere of water, fully seven feet across plummets at an alarming rate, and seems to be headed right for the temple.

Moments later, it arrives, and the sudden flood of several tonnes of water knocks all present to the ground (mass knockback, knockdown) and drenches everything. Once those gathered have recovered their senses, they can see a blue-skinned featherless figure lying, slowly stirring in the slowly draining pool.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun May 08, 2011 10:44 pm

At first, the figure does not move.

What was it a being of flesh did...? Something important...
It had been so easier when he had been part of Him. Just gazing upon everything from up on high. Feeling the streams, the waters...everything as it should be...
Something important...
The words He had spoken were confusing. Second First, and First Second. Did that make him...what, exactly?
Something important...
That feeling of falling through space...falling, faster and faster.
What was it?

Oh.
Thats right...
Breathe.

The figure suddenly coughed, water pouring out of his mouth as his body stopped breathing water, and took two deep lungfuls of air.
Shakily, very slowly, the blue-green skinned elf stood, clutching his dull blue haired head in his hands. Pain. A headache...but alive, and single now, not connected to Everywhere. Suddenly feeling the presence of Somewhere after the glorious feeling of connection was odd...but his mind was quickly adjusting.

Let's see...magic? Still there.
Limbs? Still attached (always a plus).
Soul? No depression, feeling quite good, so not killed by a trigger happy undead.
Heart? Beating, a bit fast from having got air into his blood once more, but stable.
Spleen? Still un-accounted for.
Ah, but it felt good to be alive.
But something felt different. The God had spoken, and it was good...and slightly confusing. But to dwell upon that later the elf would, for now, finding out where he stood was important.
Taking a steady, hesitatn steep, the elf paused, then took a few more confident steps forth. Yes, something HAD changed...physically and mentally.
Something in his very soul and form had shifted...was that from being part of The God, or part of his Lord's gift to him? Was it from being the Second First?
And that alone was not helping the head ache. Think about riddles later, focus on the present. Trying working out body functions once more.

Seeing a familiar face among those thrown back by his explosive arrival, Vanathanun blinked, curiously.
I...do suppose there is a reason Im here, correct? And why everyone is suddenly wet and sort of...on the floor? Er...terribly sorry about that. I think I can help get rid of most of the water...probably. Sorry, where am I? I have a vague memory of passing out, a dream like state and...now Im here.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 10, 2011 3:29 pm

"Ouch!" Amavaine sits up, clutching her head, then shakes off dizziness and scrambles to her feet. As she stands there, shaking herself and vigorously flapping her wings to dry off, her eyes take in the sight of the elf on the floor. For a few moments as he shakily stands, she is incredulous, but then she hears his familiar voice and it leaves no doubt. "Vana!" She rushes over to him, just about keeping her footing on the wet floor, and flings her arms around him.

"Vana, what are you doing here? Are you hurt? What happened to you? Is-is our Lord safe?"

~Amavaine~
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm

The watery elf winces at his name, the sound startling him and making his head pound...lack of oxygen not helping him, the sound of his friend and student was painful, but welcome.
A little irritated by the sudden embrace, Vana suddenly felt somewhat warmer, like he had been missing this. Time spent with his God had somehow left him feeling less icy...less bitter. It felt right now, like something had been filled into a void that had sucked all emotion with it. He felt...better.

Slowly returning ther embrace, Vana nodded.
Felt fine to me...I was sort of...Him, for a time. It was...glorious and confusing. My mind is still sorting itself out...that, air deprivation and the memories of being killed are making my head hurt. I feel different, too. Something in my mind seem to have altered...I feel younger, interestingly...Oh, did anything happen while I was...dead/gone?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Return to “Sinya Palurin”