The village of Arfwaln

An in character forum for you to play through scenes in Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

The village of Arfwaln

Postby BlueTressym » Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Three strangers enter the village; all present an unusual sight for the locals, with two combining human and cat-like features and the third the massive bulk of a giant walrus coupled with humanoid features.

Kendra sniffs the air, taking in the mix of creatures and other scents present. "Reith here?" she asks Tiny.

^Kendra^
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

dainul

Re: The village of Arfwaln

Postby dainul » Mon May 30, 2011 3:31 pm

There are a few people around in the village, all of whom look up at the newcomers with wary gazes. Almost all seem to have weapons close to hand. Two humans, one male one female walk over towards the trio. Both are armed, but moreover, Kendra can recognise the design of the blade at the man's hip. A bone blade, though not bone of any mortal being. It is the man who speaks.

"Afternoon. What brings you here?"
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Mon May 30, 2011 5:19 pm

*waddling into the Village Tiny looked around curiously, though their numbers may of been small, for a village of humans it was rather well equipped, wearing his normal smile he turned to the two felines.* 
"hope so wee Kendra, From what I hears tis the place."

*hearing the human Tiny turned to face them both, the large walrus opening his arms in a big friendly manner*
"ello to ya too skinnies, we be looking for ya smithy, eard mr Reith be livin ere, Kendra be a friend of his ya see."

((T.I.N.Y.))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon May 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Kendra looks directly back at the humans. "Reith make that, yes?" she says to the male, "Him friend, make this" and she turns so the man can see the Reith-made dagger at her belt. "Kendra look for Reith long time!"

^Kendra^

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue May 31, 2011 7:03 am

"Kendra?" The man seems to know the name at least. He looks her up and down. "Come on then." The two humans then turn to lead the beast-kin further into the village.They stop at a building which Kendra at least will probably be able to identify as a forge. "Oi! Reith! You got visitors!" the man yells as he steps into the building, the woman waiting outside.

Inside, the bulding is indeed a smithy, with a large forge at its centre, two anvils, all manner of tools hanging on the walls. Resting across the two anvils is a massive axe easily larger than Tiny, made of the same slightly odd bone as the man's sword, and sitting on the smaller anvil is Reith, attempting to adjust some sort of leather harness across his chest with his left and and his teeth while his right hand twitches occasionally, trying to reach up for the buckle, but not quite reaching it. There is definately something... odd about that arm.

Reith looks up, slightly irritated at being interrupted whilst trying to sort out his arm. He'll have to redesign the harness if he wants it to be usable. Then he spots Kendra, and his face spreads into a wide grin. He jumps up, letting his right arm flop limply down to the side as he steps over to embrace his friend. "Kendra!"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

*Following the group Tiny waddled along, curiously looking at what he could see of the village, nodding to the lady outside as she waited*
"many thanks"

*turning side on to get through the door, never trusting human doors since we was trapped trying to leave the tavern on night, walking in just to see Reith approaching Kendra for a hug, winching in anticipation remembering what happened when he tried it*

((T.I.N.Y.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 am

Reith! Kendra spots Reith and as he steps forward she takes a flying leap towards him, half-pouncing, half-embracing him. "You alive! she exclaims joyfully.

^Kendra^

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 am

Reith staggers a little under Kendra's pounce, but manages to hold his balance as he catches her weight in his good arm. He laughs at her introduction. "Yes, it was getting boring down there."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 pm

The lynx beast man tilts his head to one side and smiles - although there is the hint of a smirk there as well. He definitely seems pleased that Kendra is happy to see her friend again. Although he is pondering quite how well she knows this injured smith.

<Veltan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Kendra laughs at Reith's answer, but then registers the sight - and scent - of his other arm. She pulls back slightly. "What that? Demon make arm bad?" She wrinkles her nose, "Demons smells bad" she comments, surveying the smithy.

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:17 pm

*blinking a few times in surprise at the lack of magical intervention, chuckling to himself at the sight, pleased to see he helped re-united friends. guessing he'd best let them catch up first he waddled over to a more sturdy looking crate and leaned against it, trying to ignore it's groans of protest as he stood there watching with a smile on his face, rummaging his way through his pockets until he fished out some jerky and proceeded to  munch on it.

((T.I.N.Y.))

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

"Hmm?" Reith sets Kendra down on the floor again and reaches up to the harness across his chest again. "No. Forge went up a couple of months back, and my arm ended up in the forge. So I made myself a replacement." He tugs on the harness again. "Here, could you just lift it up to the shoulder so I can get this tight? Then can get this axe finished."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Kendra does so. "You make arm from demon, like weapon?"

^Kendra^

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Reith doesn't reply immediately, as he's busy tightening the strap and readjusting the leater strips around the top of his new arm. When he's satisfied that it is where he wants it, he fastens the straps and flexes the arm experimentally. "Pretty much, yes. It's been a little more involved than that, but that's the gist." He looks across the room and asks. "So, are you going to introduce me to your friends?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 pm

*waiting for a few moments, Tiny decided to introduce himself. Standing back upright as he chewed a few more times before putting on a big grin under his Tusk's and raising a hand just above his head.*
"names Tiny, well everyone calls me that, temporary guide to these wee fluffy skinnies haha. Sees them rumours ya blow ya arm off were bout right, doing well considering."

((T.I.N.Y.)) 

Return to “Sinya Palurin”