The Well in Ruins

A place for IC stuff in Dvarni.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: The Well in Ruins

Postby Ben » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 pm

**To the resistance followers who've stopped work** "By all means take a break but we're not the agressors here and there are more lives at stake under this rubble than just mine."

**He turns back to the lady**
"As you can see, I have a small entourage who do not wish me to leave their sight. Initial discussions do not need to be private, peace concerns all these people and there is no reason for it to be hidden behind closed doors.

Now, you think the war is over because Erathil is dead? So did we. Many of the resistance left the city to start new lives when he fell but many others stayed to ensure the freedom we'd fought so hard for and fight anyone who decided to take Erathil's place. As expected, the Elven armies returned here some days later and as they had received no orders to the contrary they continued to fight. Much blood was shed but the resistance grew in strength because Erathil was finally dead.

That was several months ago and we have had no approaches about a peace treaty, only more attacks. It seems that you do not seek peace when you are doing well, only when you have been dealt another blow.

However, you do not have the ability to simply declare a war over unless you admit defeat and your side stands down. You cannot make the decision for the other side simply because you have lost your leader. Could the resistance have simply declared the war over and then start discussing future government? No. We could have surrendered and been put to death for all attempts of a peace treaty were doomed to fail as they require consolations on both sides and that was not Erathil's style."

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:27 pm

She looks at the people noting that he elves have got back to work.

"I have not had anyone approach me so I have not been given the offer of a peace treaty. To enable this it is not defeate just a mutural agreement that this can not carry on. The elves are returning to their homes so that we can count the losses and figure out who is still alive, once they have been here then they are able to go free back to the lands which they have come from. I wish to make peace yet you still talk of war. There is no winners or defeaters in this matter for on both sides we have lost uncountable numbers, so hence peace should reign. All who wish to stay in Dvarni can and they will be educated so that everyone is on a par, all will learn how to read and write, all will be help to build new homes for themselves."

"I appologise that matters have taken this long to resolve and for me to approach you but things have been a little hetic trying to reign in the elves that have gone out of their way to cause damage. May I ask who are trapped down there?"
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:48 pm

**He smiles sadly** "I talk of war perhaps because it is all I have ever known. For the resistance, being able to live here in peace, freedom and equality is victory. If that is genuinely on the table then we can discuss a peace treaty but until it is agreed, signed and sealed then war remains in effect.

Unfortunately you have started off badly, saying there will be a council, there will be certain laws, people will be pursued across Velmaneth and brought to justice. It sounds like you are trying to enforce your opinions of how Dvarni should be run on everyone else and these are all things that should be discussed as part of a peace treaty. Also, I assume you mean that people will have the choice to be educated, the choice to learn to read and write and the choice to help build homes? I agree everyone should have the opportunity but some will not want it and some are in no fit state to be put to work so should not be forced.

For now, I suggest a truce. Both sides agree to cease active hostility and as a sign of good faith you will release any members of the resistance currently in captivity. We set a date for how long this truce will remain giving us a chance to discuss terms for a lasting peace, if we cannot come to an arrangment then hostilities will resume on a certain date. Anyone found breaking the truce will be punished and the nature of the punishment will be agreed by both sides. How does that sound?

I am aware of four individuals trapped down there, two humans and two elves. Firstly, there's Kriska, a Water Elven Druid, then Aratain an Elven craftsman, Nathaniel the Everni Alchemist and finally Bartholomew a religious man. Between them they have potions, protective magic, healing and construction knowledge so I hope they are alright."

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:05 pm

The woman thinks and seems to go through a combinations of emotions.

"Well put it like this if they choose not to accept education then .... it is their choice. Also building new homes in this city will be few and far between. The guards will stay to keep an eye on you, they will not attack but until the truth of what happened at the well is discovered. As for a truce... well lets just say 2 months, that should be long enough for now. It can be exstended if things are not sorted. Now, I will be back down in a couple of hours for I need to go and tell something important. When I return we will discuss things a little further. Also there is nobody imprisoned as far as I know, I will check this out more thourghly in the next couple of hours but I presume that if there are any elves in your captive that they will be releasedas well?"

She stands up looking around at the different people gathered there.

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 pm

*Through one of the nearby walls, a seemingly human figure drifts, surprising a few of those nearby. At first, he doesn't seem to notice those around, but after a weapon is swung through him, he finally notices, and stops walking*

Ah. Good day. Forgive my lack of manners in not announcing myself, but I am told there are people trapped underground here somewhere. Would anyone be able to give me a more definite direction?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:18 pm

The woman in blue looks a bit startled then points to the tunnel where people are working.

"Hello Aquarius, I have heard alot about you. It is nice to have finally met you. Try down the tunnel."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:21 pm

My thanks. I shall see what I can find out, and report accordingly.

*Aquarius walks off in the direction indicated, drifting through occasional pieces of rubble*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:29 pm

"So, you agree to the terms of the truce? No acts of hostility from either side and any attempts to break the truce will be dealt with jointly by both sides? Two months and two days, that gives us until midnight on the 21st day of Juts, the longest day and last day of Spring. We have an accord?

We do not tend to take prisoners but if any are held then they will be released as a sign of good faith. As for your guards, they are free to go where they wish as far as I am concerned but should they try to impede my progress, then it could be seen as an act of agression."

**He glares at the Elf who tried to strike Aquarius** "Speaking of which, not a good start to a truce."

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:44 pm

*Aquarius calls out as he continues drifting off*

I walked through a wall, right next to people. given all the drawn weapons, I can only assume things were tense. If I surprised people, I apologise, but it was my fault, not theirs. No harm was done, and I have no interest in pressing the matter anyway.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:50 pm

The woman looks at quayle.

"You will have my final thought on this in two hours at which point I will return and ask you the questions about what happened down there. Oh the guards will go where ever you go."

She speaks louder.

"Please be on your best behaviour."

With a smile she turns and leaves.

*Lucy*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:00 pm

As you wish **He stands, picks up his shovel and sets to work on the rubble**

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:15 pm

**Shortly after this a couple of men nonchalantly wander over to Quayle and there is a brief quiet conversation while they work. They seem to be asking questions to which Quayle gives brief replies.**

"Be on your guard, she hasn't even agreed to a truce let alone making arrangements for a lasting peace. We may be working side by side on this but we're still at war."

**At this, the men nod and seem to make their way around to a few members of the crowd, whispering briefly and then moving on. Those they whisper to wait for a few minutes before moving on to briefly talk to others, passing on information as subtly as possible.**

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 pm

**Days move by and progress continues. There is much rubble to shift, and the dead found outnumber the survivors thrity to one. The collapse has been total, and after 9 days they are only just managing to have cleared enough rubble to reach the ground. It is then that digging starts to take place, but hope is dwindling fast. No more living have been found for 5 days.**

***If you wish to make a brief summary of your characters activities over the last week, pelase indicate that you are doing so at the start of your post***
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:23 am

**Over the week, Quayle and the resistance worked tirelessly alongside the Elves and Eremine followers clearing away the rubble of Dvarni and tending to survivors. Other than a few sharp words, no hostility broke out between the resistance and the Elves. Finding survivors had initially been simple and morale boosting but the last had been days ago now and most continued with a grim determination rather than any particular belief that they would find anyone.**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:26 am

The woman had returned on each of the days and a truce had been formed while the digging progressed.

*Lucy*

Return to “Dvarni”