New homes

A place for IC stuff in Dvarni.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

New homes

Postby Gumboots » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 pm

*When Stompoy arrives in the area that he is going to live in, he notices that it is very quiet apart from a few people coming and going from different houses. It still seems that there are quite a number of houses still unoccupied. The house that he gets looks like it has been half renovated but it is clear to see that one side is finished. There is a wall that seperates his building from his neighbours and discoveres that his name is written on a piece of paper at Elf head height pined to the door itself. It seems to have had a new door on it reciently and after going in, the rooms seem a reasonable size. Down stairs consists of four seperate areas, kitchen, living room, and two other rooms that need work doing to them. Upstairs there is another 4, two roughly the same size one alot smaller and then there is the master bedroom with ample space. Once he goes out into the gardern he can see that there used to be a fairly nice gardern with a vegitable type patch and outside toilet at the end. Unfortunatly it also seems that part of the wall has collapsed and that the gardern has been trampled and rummaged through for either food or other good properties in the plants. Like the man said at the desk there was bare minimum furnature yet it was liveable.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Bigsmith

Re: New homes

Postby Bigsmith » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm

*After seeing that half the house still needed some work, after placing his items in the master bedroom he headed back to the parade grounds and gathered some materials that he could use to fix up most of his house and a small work force. After his experience with wood work he was glad that the work motley needed wood. By the end of the day the major work on the ground floor had been completed and work on the top floor was ready to begin.

Once the work force had gone for the day Stompoy started to work on the garden and made areas for plants to be planted.*
You my sheild, my heat source, my weapon. You are my radiator.

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

*At sunrise the work force arrived again and started work on the top floor, whilst the work was taking place Stompoy got to work on a small, one door wardrobe so he could put is belongings some were, whilst doing so he also attached two hooks to the wall and hung is axe on it. By midday the little work that needed to be done to the top floor had been completed and the workforce gone home. As well as that Stompoy had almost finished the first piece of furniture he could recall making.*

(OOC note, Stompoy found out that he is a good wood worker if look back at the North East Parade grounds bord)

*After finishing his work he then began to rebuild the stone wall using what stones were still by the crumbled part of the wall and he also used what wood was left to reinforce the damaged parts of the wall*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 pm

^By the third day, the house was as repaired as possible and the garden weeded and the grass cut.

*As the Sun rises over the city of Dvarni and Stompoy wakes up naturally for the first time in a very long time. After about 30minues he slowly gets out of bed, walks up to the window and looks out over the city as it begins to stir into life. As a small one horse kart goes past Stompoy makes his bed and goes down stairs, heads out of the door and picks up some of the scraps of wood left over from the work on the house and throws it into the fireplace in the front room and lights it.

Within an hour the fire dies out and Stompoy suits up and heads off to the market to buy some food as both him and the larder in the kitchen were empty*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:51 pm

*By mid afternoon Stompoy returns home with a small sack of flour over one sholder, a varity of fuit and vegetables including: Potatoes, Apples, Onions and Carrots. Also in the same bag he has a loaf of bread and wrapped up in a wolly jumper half a doven eggs. As he approched the door he was glad that some one was walking by so that he could ask them to open the door for him as his hands were full and he didn't wont to drop anything, once in the house he quickly ran into the kitchen and leened the sacks against one of the work benches.
Now the bags where rested safly against a sercure surface, Stompoy began rooting around for something he could keep the eggs in. Whilst searching the cubords and in doing so he finds several objects that could prove usefull, a shallow pan, two deep pans, a rectangler and a circler cooking tray a pie dish and 5 small hand crafted wooden bowls. As he finds the bowls he picks one up, places it on the work surface, dashes for the eggs and places them in the bowl yet still wrapped up in the hiduesly ugly wooly jacket, which was onlt bought to cradle the eggs on there trip home... or so Stompoy says. Once the eggs where firmly and saftly in a bowl and tucked into a corner out of the sunlight Stompoy began putting away the rest of his Shopping.
With in 2 minutes the two sacks where simply placed on the shelf in the larder and, after making sure the bags where tightly closed, closed the door to the larder and headed into his garden.*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 pm

*Once in the garden he props the door open with a weighty stone. He walks over to the pile of wood left over from the work on the house and rummages around it looking for small bits that he could but into the stove. An uncountable amount of splinters later he has the ideal collection of wood for him to heat the stove with, and so he does. As he walks through the door he kicks the stone back into the garden and then heads over to the stove. Whilst he walks over to the stove he pushes all the wood under his arm, opens the door with his free hand. Stompoy begins putting the wood in as if making a campfire, first he puts the small bit of wood in first and sets them off and then as the flame grows he slowly added the large pieces one at a time.
Once the fire was light Stompoy began working on something he could eat, now luckily for him he also manged to pick up some chicken and come lard whilst at the market. He remembers that he found a small one possibly two man pie dish and dives down to the cupboard where he found it. After an other 12 minutes of loud banging and crashing he finds the pie dish and then bangs his head on the cupboard on his way back up and shouts out in pain. As he recovers from the pain he is currently experiencing in the back of his head he heads out to get some water from a local well. As he reaches the well he bumps into a hyperactive Human Girl who is also getting some water at the same time.
As Stompoy walks over to the well...*
''Hello.''
*Stompoy bolts round facing the woman with a rather shocked face* ''Hello?''
''Your a rather short human aren't you''
*Stompoy raises a single eyebrow to the women, as he does so the woman...*
''Don't give me that look''
''I'm not a human...''
*The Girl looks rather shocked as she says*
''well your an extremely short elf then''
*Stompoy sighs*''I'm not an Elf either''
^Now with one eye partially closed^''So... what are you then''
''I am a Dw...''
^Her face seams to drop even before Stompoy finishes his sentence^''Your a Dwarf, but there are no dwarfs in Dvarni. I thought all dwarfs were ^She does quote marks with her fingers^ sea fearing folk''
''Not this one'' *Stompoys stomaches rumbles* ''I guess I'd better get this water home quickly''
''Are you hungry...''
''Yes''*Now at this point Stompoy begins to be getting quite annoyed at the persistence of this woman*''And if you would leave me alone I could go home and begin cooking my pie''
*She turns around and Stompoy begins making Strangling gestures at her neck hight behind her*
^A voice comes from east of the well^ ''LUCY!''
^The Girls turns in the direction of the voice^ ''Oh... I've got to go home now''
*Still behind her back Stompoy begins making silent cheering gestures* ''Bye''

*As the girl runs off Stompoy grabs the bucket of water and sprints at top speed back to his house trying as hard as he can not spill any. He runs into his house and slams the door closed behind him*''Phew...''* He then walks up the kitchen and begins making his dinner, stopping every now and then to remember how to do it. When it came down to cutting the veg he looked over to the wall where he hand hung his axe, looks and the vegetable, looks back at his axe and picks up a knife from the draw in front of him.
Just before he puts it into the oven he stands back and looks at it...* ''Well... its not the prettiest thing I've every seen but I'm sure that as I practice I'll get better.''

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:22 am

*With that he places it in the oven and checks it every 10 minutes into the top has gone golden brown*
''Now if I remember at all, golden brown is a good colour.''*He takes a half slice and pulls out a peice of chicken to check for colour.*''White...I'm sure thats good''*He takes a bite*''Yes that is good''
*Over the period of about half an hour Stompoy finishes the whole pie and wipes the dish clean with an old rag and some left over water.*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:05 pm

*As Half a week goes by, the houses that were once emptying begin to fill up and some of the houses that were once occupied then begin to become unoccupied as the previous house holds left the houses permanently. He sits at a window staring out over the rooftops wondering how the various people who ventured beyond the portal were doing, he was sure that were still alive. Yet he too did have a feeling, a very little feeling, of doubt in the people who left and that they may fail

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:49 pm

*Upon visiting the place where he had planted the plant the one time he noticed a change in it. It seemed to be drooping and yet still as vibrant as it was growing. The buds that were starting to grow were now brown and most fallen off, yet at the same time it seemed to have life pulsing in it somewhere.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:52 am

*Talking to him self*
''Now I'm no expert when it come to plant life, but since Dvarni hasn't has any rain for more then a week, I think watering it would be a reasonable idea''
*Stompoy looks around a bit and spots a small iron watering can, with no water in it. So he grabs the can, fills it up and sprinkles some water over the plant, almost instantly the leaves seem to stiffen and rise up from there droopy state.*
''There we go''
*After that he returns the watering can to where he left found it and lies down against a tree located near the spot where he first planted his plant*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 pm

*Stompoy is woken up as the skies open and it begins to chuck it down with rain, so heavy that the rain is bouncing off the ground. After the first drop of rain hits his nose he grabs his hat and begins to walk back to his house, despite the weather he doesn't hurry as the quite streets were a good change to the normal hustle and bustle.
Stompoy didn't begin to move in the direct direction of his house until a very loud bolt of lightning hits, although its out of site it still sounds quite far. After this Stompoy looks tilts his head and begins to run back to his house.*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 am

*Once home he took off his hat, hung it on a hook in the wall as well as his leather waistcoat. He goes into the main living room and throws some dry wood onto the already burning fire, as the wood hits the fire it seems to explode with heat, warming up the whole room almost instantly. Still waring his soaked shirt he pulls one of his old wooden chairs near to the fire sits in it and thinks.

He begins to wonder again about the people who went through the portal, although he knew it has ended he still wondered whether or not they have succeeded or who lived and died. A while went passed and once an other crack of thunder sounded almost over head Stompoy suddenly awoke from his trail of thought.

He ''wakes up'' to find his shirt dry and decides to head back out despite the heavy rain. He walks for a while until he finds an open shop and runs into it.

As walks into the shop he sees that it seams to sell writing items and rolls of parchment.*

''Use full'' *Stompoy says to him self*
''Isn't it just''*The Shop keeper says as he jumps up from behind the counter*
''Whoa, yes I guess so''*Although shocked by the Shopkeepers sudden appearance*
''Is there anything I can help you with?''
''Yes there is, I don't suppose you sell any feather less quills do u?''
''Why yes we do, made them my self'' *The shop reaches to a shelf and hands Stompoy a featherless quill*
''Nice...''*spins it in his hand for a second*''...how much for this quill, a small bottle of ink and a few rolls of parchment''
*The keeper stands there for a little while looking up into his head*''3 rava''
''Now...I don't no anything about the currency but I'll pay any way'' *Stompoy hands over the money, then wonders how he is going to get it home dry with out getting him self or the stuff he just bought dry*''I know... I'll run''*And he does*

*He runs through the city taking the fastest route back to house and only gets a bit of one end of the parchment wet, when he gets home he come to the remembers that he hasn't got a deck put these on or write on.*
''Oh...I haven't got a desk, well I soon sort that out''*And so he does*

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

A Month goes by and Stompoy returns to the place where has planted his plant as well having the irritating ''O look a dwarf...'' conversation every time he left the house. But also continued drawing out ideas, on his desk a pile of many gradually grew.
Every now and then he stopped working on his drawings and would wonder about who he was, sometimes spending hours a day looking out of his window onto the busy streets of Dvarni, yet not remembering a thing.
When ever he did go out, yet no visting his plant, he would head over the market area admiring some of the craftmans work that went into some of the items on sale. Wilst there he would pick up more parchment and ink as well as ocasionly placing an order for wood and general building materials, and also bying the food that he needs to get thorugh untill the next time he decideds to go out towards the market district.

Bigsmith

Postby Bigsmith » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Weeks go by and Stompoy follows the same pattern of events every week. As he walks out to go to the market he sighs, looks in the vage direction of the northen gate then looks back over to the Market. The clouds blow out of the direction of the sun causing Stompoy to sheild his eyes with his hand, doing this he relises that this isn't the life for him.

Ballisticginger

Postby Ballisticginger » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 am

That was the day that the bard came to town, he didnt intrude, he almost blended in with the regular influx of Humans and elves. It was the way he seemed to fade in and out of the shadows that caught stompoy's attention. He hung around the tavern like a cloud, telling the odd tale and recieving a handful of loose change in return, Stompoy noted he must have been doing a roaring trade considering the amount of rava changing hands. Stompoy slowly worked his way through several rounds of rum observing the bard, before deciding he needed a talking to. He made his way over, as sureptisiously as the rum would allow.
Valido Vero- dead /cry :(
Mark O'Rly- wannabe mercenary
Aska- scribe
Thadius- you will learn to hate him Oh-So-Much

campaign character: Pelli Ferro (jehovern healer/highmage) 'severed and survived!'

a gnome in the shadow plane kills you!

Return to “Dvarni”