Brews and Blades.

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Re: Brews and Blades.

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:09 pm

*Aratain looks confused.*

"Whilst I am used to you experimenting on yourself, it might be interesting to be told what effects to expect upon success, like for example, what did that just achieve?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:11 pm

What did it achieve? I hope to find out...

I need one last favour from you for now...

*Nathaniel removes his furs and leather, and stands with his arms open*

Take your best shot...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:16 pm

*Aratain smiles and walks over to his personal weapons locker. opening it he inspects what is there, carefully choosing his tool.*

"I think I'll take the attuned, just in case you've prepared a nasty surprise. You know this is probably one of the craziest things you have ever asked of me. It is a good job I was originally a Life elf, it means I'll be able to pick you up after this."

*He stands in front of Nathaniel and lines up a shot designed to not ut to deeply into any important organs and swings.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:19 pm

*Nathaniel reels backwards in pain, a massive wound opened across his chest by Aratains attack. However, he remains standing. As his wounds begin closing, as normal with his Regeneration potions, he smiles*

Test successful. There is no way I'd normally have taken that and stayed standing...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 pm

*Aratains jaw drops, but he quickly snaps it closed.*

"That was..... what was that? How did you get so damned tough? I am used to you oddgin out of the way during our sparing sessions, but one well landed blow normally drop you to the deck. Well done, I'm sure you could make a fortune with that, despite the fact I kow that was not your reason for making it."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 pm

*Nathaniel smiles broadly*

That was the pinnacle of my arts. I've never approached something so... potent.

Ten endurance potions, five regeneration potions, twenty vitaea potions, and a little something im still working on, all mixed together, and reduced down to one single potion. Normally, it'd be incredibly poisonous, but I managed to tailor it to myself perfectly. Wouldn't work for anyone else, I just don't know enough about anyone elses body chemistry. On me though? Well, you've seen the effects...

*Nathaniel gets a cloth from his pockets, and begins wiping away the blood*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:21 pm

*Aratain looks impressed.*

"Damned effective, well worked. I am sure that would become very useful in our other line of work. You know I don't know many other "heroes" that pursue careers out side of sorting the worlds problems.... or for that matter causing them. That gives me a kinda satisfaction, we can do something beside fighting, tracking killing or is the rare case, running in terror as we are outmatched. do you know what I mean?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:52 pm

Indeed. The ultimate goal of a hero is to solve the worlds problems. This will leave them out of work, redundant, and in many cases, feared, avoided, or even outcast. We have talents that will be just as much use in peace as in war. We have the lifespan potential to see peace again, and the intelligence to back off from something too powerful.

Few people seem to think past the next fight, the next enemy. Not that I do much, because of my old military training, I suppose, but I certainly can prosper without having to justify large amounts of killing.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:13 pm

*Aratain' smile become rueful.*

"I cannot claim that luxury as I stand. I am still in need of the souls of several kinds of elves, so unless an elf of the kinds I still hunger for are kind enough to find me and drop dead I have to justify killing. I have been thinking for some time about trying to find some of the more elusive elves. I hope to find some recently dead, that are willing to live on inside the mess that is my soul. I don't want to have to take any unwilling, but I fear I shall have to. In the long run it is for the mercy of the many, that i might be forced to play butcher to the few. I hate to think of that course, but I must consider it."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 pm

*Nathaniel shrugs*

I've always said. To hunt to survive is the natural way. Unnecessary hunting is a waste of the lives in question, but I've only ever known you kill with good reason. Something I can say for precious few heroes...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:31 pm

"Alot of people see my survival as abominable, or at least the method of it. They don't stop to think what pain my survival costs me, after all the dominant part of me was once pure life elf, and a celebrant of Lenamo. Taking life, the path of the warrior all hurt me, in those time I let the death elf out a little. Still I do not see why people find me so objectionable because of how I am forced to survive, I gave my life for another, I was the first person I killed and yet other dare to judge me for how Jasdu and Eremine created me, or should that be re-created me? Many of these people would not be alive if I did not continue to survive in my own way. I don't know, it angers me, and hurts me, but I have learned to live with that scorn. the thing that is really bugging me is now what I must do is putting me at odds with Kriska, aloowing me to hunt is against her faith, and she will defend that. I fear she will defend it with her own life, I don't want that on my hands."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 pm

She has her beliefs, you have yours. I've been through that myself, once. Such things need to be worked through, one way or another, and there is little I can say to help you find your way, sadly.

As for being judged? That is what heroes do. Judge. Then, they decide to kill anything they disagree with. That is one of the reasons I've always made myself seem so harmless, but generally useful. I doubt many of the heroes would be all that happy if they realised the potential I have for death and destruction, if I so desired. I'd wager that I'd be able to kill far more in one day than you could in a week, if I had reason to...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:13 pm

"That is not a wager I would be willing to take considering what fell beneath my blades down at Fort Sylor. I mean this as no idle boast, but hundreds of the living and the dead assailed us there, and when Erathil's armies came at us I was at the fore front of the fighting, Not that many seemed willing to listen, but I took command. One moment I was at the front cutting down all who tried the direct assault, the next I was at the rear cutting down skirmishers and assassins that came over the walls. The blood shed turned the dry ground to a marsh that began to mire all movement within, and just as I thought no more could fall, another wave came, yet somehow amidst the carnage that took place there I, with the aid of another Life Elf, kept even one of the the seven defenders from falling. I have not seen such a one sided slaughter in either of my lives. To think of you being able to kill more that I did then..... beggers belief, yet I find I don't question your claim old friend."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:43 pm

Face to face? you'll win every time. But that is not how I fight, for preference, and if I was seeking large numbers of deaths? I'd not be using steel. But you know me well enough to know that already.

A warrior, however skilled, can only kill one person at once. I dread what my talents could do, if turned to the wrong goals. Entire cities could be killed in a day. Believe me, I have the skills. I am just glad nobody has been stupid enough to ask me to do anything like that ever.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:03 am

*Aratain smiled at the comment of a warrior only being able to kill one person at once.*

"On one point there I can't agree with you there. I have several time killed more than one person at the same moment in time. But what you said about your talents that was why I do not question your claim and why I would not like to take the wager. I hope nobody is ever stupid enough to ask that of you, the consequences would be too dire to contemplate. I know you would be capable in terms of skill, and something tells me despite how well I know you, that there might just be a situation in which you would be capable of that in deed, and that makes even my death elf side shudder. I am sorry if that insults you, but it is a feeling I cannot shake off."

Return to “Narturlin”