Important Announcement: Please Read

Here you can read about the latest news and announcements from Heart of Pargon. Only administrators and moderators can start threads here - so this news is official!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Important Announcement: Please Read

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:59 pm

The majority of the criticism we receive from players is not about the refs, the monsters or even the system but actually about OTHER players. The biggest of these complaints is about others dropping out of character, not roleplaying their hits or even not roleplaying at all! We have brainstormed several ways of trying to solve this and have turned to the education system for a solution.

As many of you will be aware, students are rarely just thrown together into classes any more, they are streamed into different abilities: those of a lower ability are all taught together so that the teacher can go at their pace and those of a higher ability are taught together so that they can fulfil their full potential.

This system helps stop some students from being left behind and others from becoming bored and we feel this could solve the roleplay issues mentioned above. By putting roleplayers of like ability together, hopefully there will be less complaints about how other players act.

The council will be meeting over the next couple of weeks to stream all players into one of three groups based on roleplay ability:

Excellent: For those roleplayers who always stay in character, whose roleplay encourages others just by their presence, who put particular effort into kit, character development and follow the rules to the best of their ability.

Average: For those who stay “in game” but occasionally act in ways their character would not, whose roleplay shows potential and assists others, who put a little effort into kit and character development and follow the rules to the letter if not the spirit.

Medicore: For those who drop out of character often, distract others, who put no effort into their kit or character, who powerplay, take advantage of the system and ignore certain rules.

Each adventure will then be streamed and we will announce (along with the skill cap)which set it is written for.

Consistent effort (or otherwise) will allow movement between the 3 streams and we hope that no one will feel insulted if they do not make the top set.

No decisions have been made, so if you feel you (or indeed someone else) should be in a particular set then please PM me and I will put your views forward to the council.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Important Announcement: Please Read

Postby Will » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm

And..........

Because Ben is half unconscious...........

April fools!

Gotcha :)

Good one Ben :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Thank you fans ;)

Tome of Magic 6.0

Kai

Postby Kai » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:17 pm

i like it

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 pm

The only reason I took it seriously is because the time stamp said 31st of March....honest...

That's the third time I've been got today, Blizzard had some hilarious ones - gotta love the Bard Hero Class!

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm

I was careful to post it at 11:59 so that the stamp was still the 31st March :twisted:

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Still my favourite

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Yep
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

You had so many complaints :)

Happy days

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “News and Announcements”