Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: The Ruined House of Aquilla

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm

**Quayle blinks a few times before looking at Kalist properly**

"Wait...what?"

**He takes a second to gether his thoughts before continuing**

"Hello Kalist...aren't you supposed to be in the Hope Wastes? Aren't you providing the Bastion as a sanctuary there? Aren't you a deity down there already? What's going on?"

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Kalist turns and looks at Quayle, smiling a greeting before responding to the barrage of questions...

The Hopewastes... It seems that Hope is wasting everywhere, so I can be anywhere. Thats not what you meant though... Yes, I should be, but other things conspire and I have chosen to leave. A smile touches the Child of Hope knowing that his statement about choosing to leave the 'Wastes would cause some consternation.

As for your other questions... The Bastion no longer exists. A pair of Bards brought a Yeetas into existence and it removed the Bastion, and anyone whom refused to heed my warning to leave, from existence. One of the Bards left the Wastes on the Night recently - Tiredness.

Another warning, the Yeetas has not been removed, Kan Slarr no longer has enough power to do anything, and the Yeetas has developed its ability to annihilate things, it now simply removes everything within its immediate area from existence. If you see one, stay clear. They were troublesome during the Time Crisis and during the Siege, now they are beyond all power to stop.

My power within the Wastes was a 'gift' from Kan Slarr, to act as one of his Generals. To ensure the Hopewastes were kept in order. The generals, and indeed Kan Slarr himself, are incapable of keeping any kind of order in place at the moment. My power over the wastes has been returned to the Throne and my service to the Wastes is over.

Pausing to see the information has sunk in to the group he continues to answer the High Priest of Freedom's final question

Whats going on? The Gods are failing. Thier powers are waning with the loss of followers. I had a choice:
- seperate myself from Hope and become Hunger within the 'Wastes, Hunger has always been Slarr's main torturer - I cannot fulfil such a role.
- Fade from existence, as without Hope, my Mistress, I, as her Angel, cannot exist.
- Gift my power to her and return to her side
I have chosen to return to her and ensure that Hope remains within the world, however She has decided that I will take her place completely. I am now Hope. My aid will come to the world where I can, but until balance is restored between Despair and myself, I cannot do much without fading away.

Its a precarious time for the Gods. One has fallen, I doubt even my vaunted powers to restore the dead to life will work on Eclipse. The others, under Lazar's old rules, have declared war on Neferkefen - and though I doubt many have the power to act against him at the moment, it would be ill conceived to assist his followers.

I hope those answers are adequate for you Quayle? It will be time for me to take my place soon.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 am

**Quayle listens intently before nodding**

"I'm saddened that there is no longer any ray of Hope in the Wastes, no sanctuary, safety or respite. Is there anything that can be done for the souls there? You mentioned the Planes of Hope and I have heard of other places...better places...where people can go when they die, people can even go to them from the Hope Wastes but only if they know about them. Could a permanent portal be created within the Wastes to take people to a better place?"

**Quayle looks thoughtful**

"I won't pretend to understand the ways of Hope, I'm sure you know what you're doing. Can you restore balance with Despair or can you help us do it? Or give us some guidance about what we should do. Sorry for all the questions, but if you're going to be a god then you will have to get used to it."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Help against Despair is something I cannot do, otherwise I would find myself in a similar position to Nefferkeffen now - the target of all the other Gods.

Despair has, cunningly, taken souls to his Realm. This gives him some permanent worship. Whilst I cannot create a way from the Hopewastes to my Plane, any that wish it when they die may be claimed by their God instead, this will simply mean that a ressurection, by any way, would be impossible. An afterlife does exist, should the souls within the 'Wastes choose it, it may be that they could also choose to go to their God... but I do not know, yet!

I can offer some aid in the coming future. Aquilla, you still have the Symbol of Hope that was gifted to you as the Paladin I believe?

Glancing toward the Storm Elf he sees him clutch at a symbol and nod.

Good, hold on to it. I must warn you that I have to safeguard my power. If you remove it, it will return to me, severing the connection. Whilst you have it, it can be used to call for me to help, perhaps the most beneficial way would be my power of life over death, I cannot resurect anyone that has been within the Hopewastes for longer than a week as the link between the worlds closes around them.

One other thing Aquilla, should you die with the Symbol on, you will end up within the Planes of Hope, the symbol is connected to your soul. If you decide it, I will transfer the link to another - Quayle or Lophaetus are the obvious choices... we have all walked on the Path of the Sentinels, worked together to prevent many mishaps... and your aware of this gift.

I will see you when you call for aid. I cannot linger here anymore...

Slowly Kalist fades from view, with the last a flash of silver light erupts from the Symbol of Hope. Briefly it senses of immense life and light magic, which then fades as if being hidden...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm

**Quayle watches the angel fade**

"He's really gone...I thought one day he'd come back..."

**He takes a deep breath, visibly pulling himself together**

"The best way to remember him is to fix this world. To get to the house in Noore I'Meles, I think all you need to do is to want to go there when you leave the house. I need to go to Pharon Glos first, but then I will head to Ingolé."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 pm

**Loph runs his hands through his hair and sighs in disbelief.**

"I know what you mean, I thought Kalist was just the missing piece, with him.. well.. it sounds silly, but I just thought it'd work, we'd done so much beforehand together. I trust that he'll be watching over us like he said, we can't ask much more than that from him."

**Loph steps towards the door, taking a look back to usher Haze through**

"Well, Noore I'Meles it is then.. I'll see you on the other side"

**With that he steps through the doorway, vanishing from sight**

((Cont: viewtopic.php?f=184&t=4979 ))

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:06 pm

**Quayle nods before disappearing to Pharos Glos**

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Haze turns to Aquilla. "I will find you again soon."

Without waiting for a reply she stalks through the door.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Once everyone left, Aquilla simply slumps to his knees. He seems lost and confused. He holds onto the symbol of Hope - the one thing he couldn't discard when he had removed the Shining One's robes - and tears fall silently down his face. He whispers, both to himself and to Kalist.

"I knew. She told me. If I hadn't, dispair would take hold. But...I never thought it would be this hard...to see you go..."

He stayed that way for a long time, muttering to himself alone. After a time he gathers himself and, after a few failed attempts, regains his composure.

"To Ingolé then..."

And he steps into the house...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Return to “Arnad Gaurhoth”