More Refugees

For In Character events on the small island where the plantmen known as Brocklings originate

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Peter Levy

More Refugees

Postby Peter Levy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm

**Somewhere towards the West of the Dome, a huddled group of rat-men appear in a swirl of meta-magic that is concentrated on a single figure at the centre of the group. Around them are large, looming constructs; their bodies woven together from pieces of Rodera and Orc flesh. The flesh golems, eight of them, carry huge loads: barrels, tools, building materials, weapons...**

**The huddle nervously murmured until a single voice spoke out over them**

Find a suitable space, then order the Constructs to build a perimeter. I shall bring the rest with the young ones next. Please be quick; I can't keep doing this.

**Farrek incants as the other Rodera begin to organise themselves. He vanishes, leaving only a torn piece of parchment. The paper falls face down, with two words on its back:
Power Font

**A Rodera with an eye-patch steps out from the group, and waves a baton. The constructs begin to spread out to dig the foundations for their barricades.**

----------------------------------

**After a couple of minutes, another mass of Rodera -this time with several children- appear near the initial landing site. Two more constructs are there, carrying further provisions: tents, blankets, preserved food. Again, Farrek incants and teleports away. After one more load, the evacuation is complete: eighty-four adults, fifteen children, ten constructs. The few who had opted to remain would soon be dead; this is it for the Roderan race. A slim hope.**

I will return. Lorax, Mollal, as the two surviving Councilors, you will be responsible for our camp. Get growing. I will make one more visit to the Orcs, but i doubt they will accept this. An Orc once told me 'I would rather die on my feet than keep living on my knees.' Hopefully Kar got to each of the other domes in time to rescue them. This island is about to get very VERY crowded.

**Farrek teleports from the island one more time, and the Rodera begin to set up their camp.**

Damiensluman

Re: More Refugees

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:47 am

on seeing the barricades being built a human runs towards the camp.
excuse me who leads you i must speak as a matter of urgency

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm

I suppose I am...

**The Rodera with the eye-patch tentatively responds, approaching the human. His eye darts around the trees behind the visitor, scanning for any other 'guests'.**

I know we weren't technically invited, but there isn't any other option. There are one hundred of us, and we can sustain ourselves within this camp. We may even be able to support others, if they would take our assistance?

**The Rodera gestures toward one of his Constructs, which is ploughing a small area of earth.**

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

This area is for anyone, invited or not. But...

He points to the barricades

This is an area of sanctuary, not of military strength. We must do everything possible to ensure there is no conflict within this dome. Nobody can afford it.

Hope protects you from the Undead and the Sentinel protects you from Glooms. Such defences are unnecessary and will only create tension. Please cease from constructing them.

The human smile politly

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 pm

**The Rodera smirks, distrusting such ridiculous optimism.**

Don't be so ridiculous. Every dome has failed. This is no different. And do we look like an army? These people are starving, alone, and desperate. No matter what you believe, your goddess cannot stand up to the Sun. Grow up, and do something more productive.

**Lorax turns to return to the construction of the tree-level shelters, and rain traps.**

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 am

rule 89 the size of an army has no relation to its strength.
you should show more faith. Your defences are not needed. unless you wish to create confikt within this dome. the blood of manny heros was spilt to creat this bastion of safty show respct to there sacrifice and respct to the gods that bless this bastion. hear you are safe

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 am

If there is tension, so be it. We will not prevent others from sheltering on this island. If people need our help, they may be welcome to it. It really is that simple. For the next month or two, we will be here.

**He nods toward the structures twenty feet up, collecting rainwater; to the ploughed ground freshly sown; to the sturdily constructed tents, and the picket surrounding this camp seems somehow irrelevant.**

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:37 pm

These are the rules laid down by the Paladin of Hope, whose God protects you. I would expect you to have the courtesy to follow them.

Return to “The Colourful Isle”